Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues (3864 Views)

Inverter And Solar Engineer In Nigeria / Basic Things You Need To Know About Inverter And Battery / Inverter And Solar Panel Solution To Nigeria Electricity Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by idsolar(m): 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
thanks for ur response. u noted exceptn lekki, reason? idsolarpower@gmail.com.
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by idsolar(m): 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
i gave my email as requested for victron inverter price. idsolarpower@gmail.com. pls include price for 100kva (cascade). how reliable if linked up to 100kva? something is coming up. thank u. idsolar
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by Jirate(m): 3:41am On Aug 10, 2015
I need a “Fairly Used 200amp Battery” to buy, if you have a good one for me, leave your contact phone number here, thanks.
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by rwells36: 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
Dear realpower32,

Let me first say I am a big fan of Victron Energy and their products (this is how I found you - you apparently are as well). Secondly, I am in need of consultation regarding my vessels (55' Novatec CPMY) power needs: The vessel was designed with a 17kw ONAN generator that powers three (3) charges when making way away from shore power. The alternator charge the cranking batteries.

CHARGERS:

a) 24v Centaur for 1) port 24v cranking, 2) stb 24v cranking and 3)24v bow thruster - 3 sets of 2 8D banks (6 8D's in series)
b) xantrax 2500 watt charger / inverter - 2 12v 8D's (parallel)
c) pro marinter 12v charger - 2 12v 8D's (parallel)
d) 2 alternators, one for each engine 24v 70a

As you can see I have 6 8D's dedicated to 24v and 4 8D's dedicated to 12v.

PROBLEM:

In order to charge and operate the vessel's AC circuits when away from shore power it's necessary to run the 17kw genset 100% of the time. Otherwise, the inverter will power AC circuits for about 6 - 8 hours. The engine alternators contribute zero amps to charging the house / inverter battery banks.

PROPOSED SOLUTION:

Implement an electrical topology that will take advantage of the 2 24v (combined 140 amp) wasted power generation capacity which could supplement and reduce dependency on the 17 kw when the engines are running. Implement solar power when the engines are not operating to supplement the use of the 17 kw generator when at anchor away from shore power.

POTENTIAL CHANGES:

1) Convert all 12v batteries to 24v batteries (inverter and house banks).
2) Add DC to DC converter 24v to 12v in order to continue powering the 12v devices
3) Add Battery Isolators to the Alternators in order to direct charge to items #2 above (thereby using engines amps to charge house / inverter)

QUESTION:

What other impacts would these changes imply?
Do you have any questions?
Are there any other better ideas you can offer?
What specific products might you recommend?

I have attached a schematic for your use.
Re: Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues by klarry79: 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
Does anyone kow where i can get victron batteries in nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Onspeed Username And Password (internet Accelerator) / 5 Most Dangerous Hackers Ever / Big Snake Attacks Woman In Her Shop, See What The Spiritual Woman Did.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.