Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Exxon's Interview Structure - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Exxon's Interview Structure (5254 Views)

Exxon Mobil Test Format For Graduate Engineer / Exxon Mobil Job For Graduate And Experienced Engineers (second Class Upper) Only / Exxon Mobil & Shell Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exxon's Interview Structure by pisky(f): 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2008
fellow landers, please can anyone help on exxon's interview structure? please if anyone has attended one of their interviews recently, do well to assist on info and tips. it will be most appreciated
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by AlfaPrime: 5:44am On Feb 16, 2008
Which Exxon are U talking of? for such info, U shd be detailed enough to mention the job position and particular ExxonMobil subsidiary offering it, even if not the interview date, in order to get proper assistance.
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 16, 2008
which of the exxon mobil tests did u write?
was it the one of last month for accountant & procurement?
Exxon has not started calling for that o!!!!!
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by pisky(f): 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2008
AlfaPrime:

Which Exxon are You talking of? for such info, You should be detailed enough to mention the job position and particular ExxonMobil subsidiary offering it, even if not the interview date, in order to get proper assistance.
@alfaprime

cool cool cool abi na fight? its exxonmobil and the interview date i was given is the 27th of feb. so pls if you have any info, u may do well to assist.

coolesmile:

@coolesmile

i think its most objective and fair if we pundit over issues we have facts about. if you wish to know just ask politely and you'll get an answer. i wrote the graduate trainee (accountant) test in uyo on the 19th of january and on the 12th of feb, i got an invitation via email. why would i seek what i do not need? does this satisfy your curious mind? i only need the invaluable help of true nairalanders who are known for not hoarding useful tips like this one i seek.
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by RobbieLex: 6:36pm On Feb 16, 2008
coolesmile:

Coolsmile sorry to burst your bubble but Mobil has started calling for interviews, i know a couple of people already scheduled for interviews I don't know for sure if they have finished calling everybody but so far people have been invited.

. so just take it all in good fate jare

pisky:

@alfaprime

cool cool cool abi na fight? its exxonmobil and the interview date i was given is the 27th of feb. so please if you have any info, u may do well to assist.

@coolesmile

i think its most objective and fair if we pundit over issues we have facts about. if you wish to know just ask politely and you'll get an answer. i wrote the graduate trainee (accountant) test in uyo on the 19th of january and on the 12th of feb, i got an invitation via email. why would i seek what i do not need? does this satisfy your curious mind? i only need the invaluable help of true nairalanders who are known for not hoarding useful tips like this one i seek.

Pisky you have a way with the Big words don't you,
anyway don't take it the wrong way, alot of nairalanders have been looking forward to hearing from exxon mobil so you coming to say you have the interview and all that brings in some tension, lol

Anyway about the interview, i have a friend who did the accounting interview sometime ago, i'm not sure if its the same structure as what you'll be having this time, but from what he told me it was the same basic interview, only that it was a panel interview.(i think there where like 6 interviewers)

So just prepare yourself on basic interview set questions, tell me about yourself, weaknessses, all those typical interview questions.

Be smartly dressed, confident, and smile always.I'll let you know if i hear anything else before your interview.

All the best then.
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by AlfaPrime: 8:43am On Feb 17, 2008
Well, Pisky, now that U've given the necesary details, here's something to help U:
The interview U'l likely face is one known as the BEI, i.e, Behavioral Evaluation Interview. it's a new scientific method of interviewing that relies on what U have done in the past in trying to predict what U'd likely do in a given situation. In order words, for eg,. rather than ask U " What would U do if you're the only one that came to work on a certain day?", they'd probably ask U something like, "have U ever been the only one at work before? When was this, and what did U do that day?"

Another very common ex is that rather than ask you, "what plans/ideas are U bringing into our company?" U'll be asked " "Tell U what original idea you have ever brought into a group you worked with" or "Tell us about when U ever showed a desire to work independently" or " Tell U about when U were ever disappointed with your performance"

The trick to this is simply to ANTICIPATE the question and have an already prepared TRUTHFUL answer! Note that it is a scientific exercise, so it's not all about whether the panelists like your face or not. they're going to be writing down your answers for review later on, so note that in subsequent interviews, your responses must be consistent with previous. that way, all lies and inconsistencies which automatically disqualify one get exposed.

Finally, make sure U dress smartly, preferably a white top, get a quality briefcase (even if U have to borrow to buy one!)and ensure U look unruffled, no matter what. Intergrity ranks tops in the company's values, so note that U must show an appreciation for laid down processes and regulations in your answers.
if u have any more questions, U can always get back to this forum.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by RobbieLex: 11:30am On Feb 17, 2008
Alfa prime i take it you're some sort of human resources expert right or something, i never heard of BEI before, so thats what that sort of interview is called yeah!!!!!!!

I don't know about the briefcase part, i mean do women have to carry a briefcase? and a white shirt, yeah i guess white has this purity thing stamped all over it, but i think a sharp looking tm or a h and c under a black suit would do it,  (or any other really nice looking shirt if you aren;t much of a tm fan), generally i'll say wear something that makes you feel on top of your game and not tooo self concious, AKA something comfortable!

Anyway all the best pisky, with all this info you should be blasting your interview innit? I'll still ask around from people i know who are scheduled for next week and i'll let you know.

Like alfaprime said preparing is your key to success sooooooooo prepare as much as you can, oh and pray tooo!
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2008
sorry pisky if the words didn't come out right. i was just curious.
Cos i've not heard of anyone that was called after the test in lagos.
But its all good .
Take the advises.
But really, i dont believe there are any hard and fast rules to interviews: just be smart and confident.
And believe with God all things are possible.
Safe.
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by AlfaPrime: 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2008
Coolsmile,
like I said, it's a scientific approach, it's not just a matter of having a general method. there are hard and fast rules about this BEI stuff. I talked of anticipating the questions, that means that rather than prepare yourself to answer the usual abstract questions about what u hope to do in future, concentrate on recalling what u've successfully done in the past and finetuning your answers to give urself a really good sell.
here's wishing all the candidates a great success.
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by pisky(f): 6:45pm On Feb 19, 2008
@alfaprime
thanx a trillion times!! you are just the best. what you gave is just what i have been asking for. thanx for the tip.

wink@coolesmile
no hard feelings at all. sometimes best of friends start off on a wrong footing. thanx all the same for your encouragement.

@robbylex
thanx too for taking time out to chip in.

cheers all
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by AlfaPrime: 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2008
At your service, Pisky. Wish U all the best. the company is the largest and foremost oil giant in the world. (tho in NIgeria their operations are second to that of Shell) U're in a for a great career if you're successful.
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by RobbieLex: 9:37pm On Feb 19, 2008
AlfaPrime:

At your service, Pisky. Wish You all the best. the company is the largest and foremost oil giant in the world. (tho in NIgeria their operations are second to that of Shell) You're in a for a great career if you're successful.

you can say that again, exxon mobil is a really great company, all the best pisky i pray you come out tops,

cheers
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by Lasun(m): 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2008
seems only the Accounting trainee cadre has been invited.I will like to know if any one has been invited for the Accounting experience cadre.Not trying to bust anyone bubble,just an innocent question.

Meanwhile good luck to all the hopefuls
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by AlfaPrime: 9:06pm On Feb 20, 2008
Lasun, did u apply for experienced Accountant position?
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by Lasun(m): 7:11am On Feb 21, 2008
AlfaPrime:

Lasun, did u apply for experienced Accountant position?

I know someone close who did,do u know anyone that has been invited for the experienced Accountant position?
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by AlfaPrime: 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2008
no, i dont for now. but keep watching the thread and nairaland in general.
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by AlfaPrime: 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2008
no, i dont for now. but keep watching the thread and nairaland in general.
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by hdblue: 3:48am On Jan 12, 2011
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. Very useful for me. your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Apart from that, you also can ref more resources at: Exxon interview questions
Tks again and pls keep posting.
Re: Exxon's Interview Structure by Naijastar001: 11:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
AlfaPrime:
Well, Pisky, now that U've given the necesary details, here's something to help U:
The interview U'l likely face is one known as the BEI, i.e, Behavioral Evaluation Interview. it's a new scientific method of interviewing that relies on what U have done in the past in trying to predict what U'd likely do in a given situation. In order words, for eg,. rather than ask U " What would U do if you're the only one that came to work on a certain day?", they'd probably ask U something like, "have U ever been the only one at work before? When was this, and what did U do that day?"

Another very common ex is that rather than ask you, "what plans/ideas are U bringing into our company?" U'll be asked " "Tell U what original idea you have ever brought into a group you worked with" or "Tell us about when U ever showed a desire to work independently" or " Tell U about when U were ever disappointed with your performance"

The trick to this is simply to ANTICIPATE the question and have an already prepared TRUTHFUL answer! Note that it is a scientific exercise, so it's not all about whether the panelists like your face or not. they're going to be writing down your answers for review later on, so note that in subsequent interviews, your responses must be consistent with previous. that way, all lies and inconsistencies which automatically disqualify one get exposed.

Finally, make sure U dress smartly, preferably a white top, get a quality briefcase (even if U have to borrow to buy one!)and ensure U look unruffled, no matter what. Intergrity ranks tops in the company's values, so note that U must show an appreciation for laid down processes and regulations in your answers.
if u have any more questions, U can always get back to this forum.

Cheers!
Cheers bro
What is General manager interview like for graduate engineer, i did round 1 interview today

(1) (Reply)

Finca Micro Finance Bank / Femack Foods And Beverages Nigeria Limited Recruitment For Graduate Trainees / Please Who Also Got This Invite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.