Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Lira Excited To Perfom For Obama - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Lira Excited To Perfom For Obama (549 Views)

Share Your Most Excited Moment In 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lira Excited To Perfom For Obama by purplebrown: 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
Johannesburg - South African singer Lira is excited to perform at an inauguration ball for American president Barack Obama in January, she said on Wednesday.

"I'm very excited. I got the invite about three weeks ago," she said in Pretoria.

"The president will be present during my performance and I hope I get to meet him."

During the inauguration taking place in Washington on 21 January, Lira will perform two sets for about 200 people at the African-themed ball -one of the 10 official balls.

She said December had been a busy month and she had not had the time to think of which songs to sing.

"I kind of have to exist one week at a time... I have some ideas, but I have not really planned it, I wouldn't want to lie."

Lira and her band are expected to leave on 19 January.

The songbird was chosen from a shortlist of African musicians nominated to perform at the ball.

SAPA
Re: Lira Excited To Perfom For Obama by Rocktation(f): 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hmmn. Lucky her. That's if Obama won't have his mind on matters of national security, that will stretch across her croon time. undecided
It is always wonderful to be a selectee, however, among so many.

(1) (Reply)

Royalman Cordially Invites U To Album Launching / Update On Inauguration Of The New Catholic Bishop Of Nsukka / Summer Couple's Cooking Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.