Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

"extended Mapi" Challenge For C++ Gurus - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / "extended Mapi" Challenge For C++ Gurus (1652 Views)

C++ Gurus Get In Here Lets Dissect C++. C++ A_z Tutorials. / Programming Challenge For Beginners N20000 / Mini Web Application Coding Challenge For Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"extended Mapi" Challenge For C++ Gurus by tomX1(m): 2:06am On Feb 16, 2008
Hi C++ Coders,
Well for those of you who have tried building aplications that have to send automaticaly generated mail using the Mailing API (MAPI) you must have definitely come across the Simple MAPI. A very simole simple API and so much fun to use in C++, VB, and so on. But the API is quite limited in its capability. I recently tried developing a bulk-mailing application and of course having exhausted the features of simple MAPI without being able to generate a suitable solution, I turn to Entended MAPI.
The problem is . . . there hardly seem to be any worth while documentation on Extended MAPI anywhere. Now lest you acuse me of being lazy, I have ran searches on Yahoo and Google for Extended MAPI for days and I only seem to find more people out there with questions than there are answers to using this cryptic API that seems to be shrouded in Mystry. Most mailing programs of note use Extended MAPI so why is the documentation for this API scarce?
Does anyone have any helpful article, book, link or code on this subject?
Re: "extended Mapi" Challenge For C++ Gurus by edayo: 8:43am On Feb 16, 2008
Well I've always dogged around the problem by using this library, www.blat.net
You can use it to send out mail via smtp and its in the public domain
for receiving mail via pop3 there are a couple of free classes out there, too lazy to look em up right now but search codeproject.com you might find info there also its a great forum for MS programming tech.

HTH
Re: "extended Mapi" Challenge For C++ Gurus by tomX1(m): 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2008
Thanks alot @edayo, I'm downloading it right now. I realy wish I could get something on Extended MAPI however. That would realy unleash ones mailing pottentials. I hate being limited by third party softwares. In the interim I hope Blat will perform better than Simple MAPI.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With Marque In Vb / Can I Dump My Low-cash Work For Freelancing Job As A Programmer? / My Course Has Been Approved On Aqskill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.