Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum (8128 Views)

Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal / Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / Nigerian Army Seal Off Michika In Hunt For Boko Haram Remnants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by supereagle(m): 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
The Nigerian Army, on Thursday, said soldiers had arrested 63 people in raids as they searched for the finance minister's 82-year-old mother, kidnapped from her home on Sunday.

It is not yet known whether the abduction of Kamene Okonjo, mother of former World Bank director Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was political or for financial gain.

"Yesterday the Four Brigade raided Ogwashi-Ukwu in search of Mama," army spokeswoman Roseline Managbe said. "Those arrested are being questioned," she added.

Two policemen were also arrested this week on suspicion of aiding the kidnappers of Okonjo.

Managbe said two Lebanese men working for Nigerian construction company Setraco had been abducted on Tuesday in Delta state by gunmen who killed a soldier assigned to protect them.

Gangs operate throughout the Niger Delta, home to Africa's largest oil industry. Most people abducted are Nigerians but foreign oil and construction workers have also been frequent targets.

The finance minister, a campaigner against corruption, has received threats in the past, her special adviser Paul Nwabuikwu said on Sunday.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/latest/49031-army-arrest-63-in-hunt-for-abductors-of-okonjo-iwealas-mum
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
supereagle: The Nigerian Army, on Thursday, said soldiers had arrested 63 people in raids as they searched for the finance minister's 82-year-old mother, kidnapped from her home on Sunday.

It is not yet known whether the abduction of Kamene Okonjo, mother of former World Bank director Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was political or for financial gain.

"Yesterday the Four Brigade raided Ogwashi-Ukwu in search of Mama," army spokeswoman Roseline Managbe said. "Those arrested are being questioned," she added.

Two policemen were also arrested this week on suspicion of aiding the kidnappers of Okonjo.

Managbe said two Lebanese men working for Nigerian construction company Setraco had been abducted on Tuesday in Delta state by gunmen who killed a soldier assigned to protect them.

Gangs operate throughout the Niger Delta, home to Africa's largest oil industry. Most people abducted are Nigerians but foreign oil and construction workers have also been frequent targets.

The finance minister, a campaigner against corruption, has received threats in the past, her special adviser Paul Nwabuikwu said on Sunday.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/latest/49031-army-arrest-63-in-hunt-for-abductors-of-okonjo-iwealas-mum

She was indicted in the subsidy fraud now it is the cabal that are chasing her? lmao!!!!!!!!! Okonjo Iweala, release your mother.
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Nurry: 1:51am On Dec 14, 2012
63? Make them kuku arrest the whole village na

4 Likes

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Johndoe100(m): 2:01am On Dec 14, 2012
0lumide:

She was indicted in the subsidy fraud now it is the cabal that are chasing her? lmao!!!!!!!!! Okonjo Iweala, release your mother.

Only an inbred Yoruba person can spew this kind of garbage.

6 Likes

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:09am On Dec 14, 2012
Is she the only one that has been kidnap in Nigeria?

Why are they acting like this is the first time someone will be kidnap?

How about other Nigerians that died in the hand of kidnappers?

Is one Nigerian superior to another?

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

3 Likes

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by ochukoccna: 8:51am On Dec 14, 2012
The Army now executing policing duties
This is the clearest indication yet that Nigetia is finished

65 suspects been arrested is a pointer that this case is going nowhere

Also I flow with Olumide's line of thought regarding NOI kidnapping her mother
I know it sounds far fetched& absurd but the so called cabal members we've seen exposed are closely associated with the ruling party& ebele himself
NOI keeps saying the cabal is after her yet they dine with her boss
Hmnn!
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Vincent41(m): 9:43am On Dec 14, 2012
supereagle: The Nigerian Army, on Thursday, said soldiers had arrested 63 people in raids as they searched for the finance minister's 82-year-old mother, kidnapped from her home on Sunday.

nonsense.....stop arresting innocent people.........Stupid iwola Must pay de money from Oil Theft and money she made from world bank..................i wish dey will increase de ramsom to 2000000 billion Euro not dollars again

1 Like

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 9:45am On Dec 14, 2012
0lumide:

I have a feeling your mother laid you as an egg first before you hatched after 9 nine months.. I can never agree that a child wey mama carry for belle for 9 months can be as stupid as this..

6 Likes

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 9:46am On Dec 14, 2012
Vincent 4:

nonsense.....stop arresting innocent people.........Stupid iwola Must pay de money from Oil Theft and money she made from world bank..................i wish dey will increase de ramsom to 2000000 billion Euro not dollars again

I pray you become as successful in life as Okonjo Iwela...

However, I will never wish that your entire family be kidnapped because of your success..

2 Likes

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Abali1(m): 9:50am On Dec 14, 2012
63? grin grin

Abeg those wey dey that village should relocate ASAP to the neighbouring town....
I feel the pain of the Iweala's, but random arrests is not the way to go about it. My 5 kobo
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by tunapawizzy: 9:50am On Dec 14, 2012
a whole 63? chei
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by dederocs(m): 9:52am On Dec 14, 2012
the nigerian police should be militarized,cos it seems the police are too scared and weak to confront armed gangs-only good in oppressing the innocent and weak.make them flush out the police employ boy scouts with sticks and batons to patrol our streets. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by vislabraye(m): 9:53am On Dec 14, 2012
shocked wonderment. 63 people??
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Ice4jez(m): 9:54am On Dec 14, 2012
naija with preferential treatment.now the whole state is on stand still becos madam world bank mama dey miss.na God know how many innocent pple re in jail before she is release.63 now how many more to go

2 Likes

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 14, 2012
Hmmm...this wan nah serious case oh! They should go ahead and arrest anyone that lives around her and talked with her in the past nah
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by stantob(m): 9:56am On Dec 14, 2012
What is this? Please stop intimidating, harrasing, bullying, innocent citizens.I thought you're an intelligent woman.How could solidiers go about messing up the society in the name of trapping perpetrators down.This is bad. Ngozi release your mother and stop this arrant mess.So the abductors of the woman will be foolish enough to still remain anywhere in Delta state.I don't think so.This is a fruitless search period.
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Lordave: 9:57am On Dec 14, 2012
0lumide:

Alomo
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Whobedatte(m): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2012
Its Obvious those behind NOI mums kidnapp can never be poor villagers. The security operatives should channel their search to the right place&leave the helpless villagers alone!
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by babseg(m): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2012
Who knows they might even be more than 63 arrested. I think this arrest should enter guinness book of records grin grin
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Dollop: 9:58am On Dec 14, 2012
The slogan "Injury to one is injury to all" used in my days in university is very apt in this situation. If this kind of force was unleashed when this nuisance hit our landscape, we wouldn't be talking about this. I hope we as a people have finally woken up. We should as a duty to our future generations ensure that all forms of criminality are nipped in the bud regardless of who is affected. Let's not wait until someone influential is affected before we call in the troops. Rarely do evil things assume gigantic proportions at once; in most cases, they start like a spark and if encouraged overtly or covertly, grow to become a fire that may burn all in sight.

2 Likes

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by theplanmaker: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2012
Innocent people and victims of circumstance have been caught up in dis mess, can all d 63 people be involved in abduction?. Were was the federal govt when d south south became d kidnap capital of the world?. People have died in the hands of kidnappers and dere has been no effort on d part of d govt 2 stop dis crime! So wat goes around comes around
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2012
But wait o!!

What makes you people think that these 63 people are all innocent?!

Were you people part of the investigation?!

Why were only 63 people out of an entire village arrested?!

Abeg!! Let the police do their job!

Na 80year old woman we dey find o!!

1 Like

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by TrustZee(m): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2012
All these one wey police dey form actor they arrest evry body,make d adultnappers no go kill mama o...9ja police,abeg take am steady steady jorr...
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by planetuzor(m): 10:03am On Dec 14, 2012
Believe It Or Not Garri; Gala;
Lacasera; n' Indomie has Saved
More Lives than Both UNICEF n'
Red Cross Combined
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by chiamyluv: 10:05am On Dec 14, 2012
Vincent 4:

bastard! A fool @40
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by brownlord: 10:06am On Dec 14, 2012
Nonsense
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by omenka(m): 10:06am On Dec 14, 2012
Are we realy in a democratic dispensation? Why the hell are the khaki boys always quickly brought into matters that are purely civilian in nature? Their job is to protect us from external agression, maintain our territorial integrity, and protect our sovereignty. Whatever hapened to our police,S SS, and civil defence corps??
JONATHAN, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!
HABA!!!!

1 Like

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by deltaforce7(m): 10:06am On Dec 14, 2012
Good effort. However, may I warn the security agencies that should anything happen to that woman, they will know that egbe and e'gbe are not the same thing. That woman is from my town in Delta State. She was about to flag off a major project in my town, Obomkpa, BEFORE this abduction took place.That project must take off ooo. I seriously don't understand how some kidnappers would just have entered the palace and wisk the woman away like that. I smell rat in this whole
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Mikkyhandy(m): 10:09am On Dec 14, 2012
Let the number continue... 64... Next...

1 Like

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by lacasa: 10:13am On Dec 14, 2012
Only in Nigeria, will 63 citizens get arrested and detained without evidence nor warrants.

Is Okonjo's mother the 1st kidnap case?

Karma is at play - " what goes around comes around".

The blood of the murdered youths during the *(subsidy protests)* will never stop haunting Okonjo & her gang. of FRESH AIR wolves.

**to the Kidnappers, more of this kind of Kidnapping please** wink

1 Like

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by luc26(f): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2012
Stupid people!because na minister mama nw,arrest d full village instd nonsense!ascertained zombies!
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by mrrock: 10:16am On Dec 14, 2012
The death of that woman may just bring the change we all clamour for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation / How The Presidential Election Tribunal May Rule: Final Analysis / Threat Of Impeachment Of APC Governors Suspicious –NLC Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.