Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,888 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

The Hand Of God Almighty, To Believers Alone - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Hand Of God Almighty, To Believers Alone (750 Views)

Jesus Is God Almighty......question Me / Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? / What Is The Name Of God Almighty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hand Of God Almighty, To Believers Alone by achinaboy(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2012
Personally,i believe in the creator of the univers,but this question has always been troubling me,and that is,,,,,,,What is that special thing that the God or Allah we all serve is doing for us that makes us special or seperates us from those who neither recognise nor value him,,,that thing that would make us say to the unbelievers, i am better that you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i.e,i want only those that were born and grew up in Afrika to answer this question,,,,thanks
Re: The Hand Of God Almighty, To Believers Alone by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
Good evening,

I need you to understand that we are all children of God and God is a loving father. As every parent has a duty towards all their children irrespective of whether some of them might be "hot heads", so too does God have a responsibility to take care of all his children irrespective of whether we belive in him or not. It is written in sacred scriptures that God allows the rain to fall on both the "good" and the "bad".

I believe firmly that the difference between one who is an "unbeliever" and one who is a "believer" would be glaring in the after life. The reward God has for us for being "good" is reallly not evident in this world. This is the mistake some believers tend to make. Some believe that poverty should not be found amongst the people of God, hence the gospel of prosperity.

In as much as it is great to have wealth here on earth, we should understand that, this is not what God promised those who believe in him and it really does not separate the "believers" from the "unbelievers". Jesus asked us to store up treasures for ourselves in heaven, where thieves cannot get to. Heaven is what God promised to believers and this really is what separates those who believe from those who do not believe.

Please note that when I say "believer", I do not mean those who proclaim Jesus as Lord and Master alone. This is far from it. I am of the view that God alone knows his people. What God needs in us is SINCERETY of purpose. If someone is in the wrong unknowingly, I believe God has his way of bringing that person to the truth before he or she leaves this world.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: The Hand Of God Almighty, To Believers Alone by achinaboy(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2012
@striktlmi,,i appreciate your contribution still wants to hear from others
Re: The Hand Of God Almighty, To Believers Alone by marianaj(f): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
Aside 4rm d fact dat God is a loving father that allows the rain to fall on both d good & bad,,,true believers can boast of sometin dat unbelievers do not have,,,& dat is a kind of interior peace of d mind & even d soul,,,4 true believers,no matter wat they're going through they are at peace within themselves because they believe they have a God who never sleeps nor slumbers & who will work tins out 4 their good....I know dat they may face difficult times just like unbelievers,,,,,but the kind of peace they experience within makes d difference
Re: The Hand Of God Almighty, To Believers Alone by achinaboy(m): 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
mariana...j:
Aside 4rm d fact dat God is a loving father that allows the rain to fall on both d good & bad,,,true believers can boast of sometin dat unbelievers do not have,,,& dat is a kind of interior peace of d mind & even d soul,,,4 true believers,no matter wat they're going through they are at peace within themselves because they believe they have a God who never sleeps nor slumbers & who will work tins out 4 their good....I know dat they may face difficult times just like unbelievers,,,,,but the kind of peace they experience within makes d difference
am just wondering about this inner peace,,is it the belief that hasbeen installed in us that is giving us this or is it God that is giving us the peace,,because the unbelievers,don`t talk about inner peace but at the end of the day they are really really convinced that whatever they wants,they will get,and it usually works for them,but for us ( ),we hope that God will do it for us and then we still goes through torns and nails without even smelling what we are seeking for,,so,are we really wasting our time in hoping that God will help us out or
Re: The Hand Of God Almighty, To Believers Alone by wazobiaforu(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
I know what the Op want to hear is something of this world but i doubt if you will find one cus the mercy of God is on everybody in this earth.

Thief deyy pray before operations
Pastors deyy get acident
Imam deyy get diseases

My view

(1) (Reply)

How Was Your Christmas Celebration? / Jesus Christ Is Not For Sale / Masturbation Is It A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.