Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,376 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed (1366 Views)

[throwback] Audio - Booty Call - Mo'hits All Stars [download] / Wizkid, Eva, Ajebutter Other Music Stars To Set Lagos On Fire At COPA Lagos 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by dayopaul: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2006
Please i need advice and contacts . I have a contact with a group in US with Christopher Martin aka Play formally of Kid N Play and the House Party movies. They are coming to Nigeria for concert( Music, Dance, Art exhibition , motivational speakers , rappers ) . I am a banker and would not have all the time for the arrangement . we plan to take the show to unilag, OAU ife, Uniben , Uni abuja , muson center , national theather .
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by Seun(m): 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2006
Well you will need plane tickets, and a venue! grin

Ok, what exactly is the advice that you need? What sort of contacts do you require?
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by Idekeson(m): 3:29am On Apr 25, 2006
Sorry, we have no room for re-thread stars when we can have A-list like 50  cool
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by hotangel2(f): 5:17am On Apr 25, 2006
uhnnn?>
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by dayopaul: 8:26am On Apr 25, 2006
the advice I need is how to go about it , which organisation can i contact for the organisation and management of the events
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by 4real(m): 12:56am On Apr 27, 2006
well there alot of people you can reach from kennis music to NB, but the thing is kid and play are old stuff and alot of nigerian's won't even remember then, you would have to get new arts, but you can still try this guy's out, if you are not joking maybe we can work something out.
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by dayopaul: 8:49am On Apr 27, 2006
it is no Joke , It is gonna be a concert of singers, dancers, rappers , motivational speakers ,actors . They are all based in US and their target is Nigerian Universities so i gave them UNilag , Ife, Uniben , Uniabuja and places like muson center and national theather .
They might not be so much know but Nigerians any time any day love to see americans perform ,
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by 4real(m): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2006
that was b/4 my guy not any more even 9ja artist that is not good does not get our support not to talk of yankee guy. get a proposal down to me and lets see what we can do from there you can mail me on michael@9jamusiconline.com, be hoping to hear from you, but a person like steven wonder would be lovely to bring back to 9ja.
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by dayopaul: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2006
4real identify urself first before i go fit send u my proposal . tell me who u be .
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by 4real(m): 8:28am On Apr 28, 2006
well log on to your yahoo and lets chat
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by 4real(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2006
well am 4real and CEO xceptions web solution www.xceptions.biz and well i also own 9jamusiconline.com, have been an artist for like dunkey years now but had to stop when i had my first child to make a better living, now am going back, my company is soon to open it's own recording studio and multi media studio, am young and have alot of faith in this country, what else do you want to know
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by dquails(m): 2:14am On May 03, 2006
[b]hey Broda nigerians are growed up now, so like u said its nice to bring those ppl around here but if u cant bring some other artist who are the 6 sides of the dice now, i think wat u can do is to make it a full mix thing with the top nigerian artist, i guess with that you might have your way and your profit too, but u need to contact lot of people who hold events here like ,Kenny&D1,laface,Ayo animashaun etc, and if you want a direct link of your best nigerian artist i can help on that aspect so you can hav 1 on 1 phone chat with em, so they can tell you wat the game is like downhere. u can contact me on my chat id if u like. dquails2@yahoo.com or dquails@hotmail.com peace out Bro.
Dq.

Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by dayopaul: 12:11pm On May 03, 2006
dquails , thanks so much for ur responce , i am sending u a mail right away .
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by wise(m): 8:14pm On May 28, 2006
When are we going to start thinking of taking Naija artiste to U.S .

50 cent who is on top in the rap game was brought to Nigeria maybe last two year or last year, what impact did he make on Nigeria artiste as in did any Nigeria artiste featured him and did they record any track and stuff like that? Which means there are not benefit bringing more of international artiste without connecting them with the right Naija artiste that is in the same line with them

I just wish 50 ,Modenine and ruggedman did a track together when 50 came to Naija.
Am not saying it is not good bringing international artiste to Naija but they should at least feature NAIJA ARTISTE because that will make a good impact.

Look at 2face featuring bennie man, that is good achievement and i expect to see more of that.

A time will come that U.S will be inviting Nigerians to their country to perform.

Go and watch Modenine track title CRY, you will know that Naija music is advancing. I hope to see more of Naija clean video like faze alone remix, street life by question marks, baraje by ruggedman ,Dare art alade and many more.

Help promote Naija music.
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by tenik: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2006
hello
dayo i can help u out kinda idle rite now. am in showbiz .so just mail me mailtenik@yahoo.com.
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by paula5000: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2006
hey,

It is a good &lovely one but how do u think everthing will be, with ur job schedule and how to accomodate them, but i think first thing to do is to get the Nigerian producers informed be4 going ahead

best of luck

paula
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by dayopaul: 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2006
that is why i need contacts of people that can be of help
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by diyobdw(f): 9:05am On Jun 19, 2006
Good idea !
my advice is to feature fblend in the hits in 9ja industry in the same genre.
4get Kennis look toward westside, hiphop world and like.Their past shows and it success.
And since you are look toward Uni's dont over crowd the event with stars.(it will be to bright to watch grin wink )
Basically forget starters and failures ,work with experts and yeah good luck!!
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by Kurunmi(m): 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2006
Dayo

Just to add to your idea the last I heard of Play of Kin-n-play was that he was a born again christian and was no longer into base hip-hop but gospel music and such, your listing of motivational speakers, exhibition and the like as activities to be held gives me the impression that may still be his line of trade in that case you may be better off working with the big christian fellowships in Nigerian universities which are tied to some of the churches such love World (Christ Emabassy), house on the Rock etc they probably already have the infrastructure on ground for what you intend.

cheers
Re: I'm Bringing American Stars To Nigeria. Advice And Contacts Needed by ugomanity(m): 1:24pm On Mar 02, 2007
Guez u now know what 2 do? Incase u dont here it's;feature top naija acts 2 help glamorize d demishing image of Kid n Play. Partner with a religious enta10mnt body, hola me 4 mo

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Listen To Coolfm Online? / Eedris Abdulkareem Still Wack / Nineteen Top Naija Artist Album.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.