Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility? (5055 Views)

Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? / Should Women Do Hard Work? / Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility? by ronkebp(f): 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
I think if a parent is responsible enough, that is enough to an extent to teach your kids to be responsible, My son is just 2 (a very stubborn 2) but very wise, i noticed he loves to clean, and it is only because he sees me cleaning after any little thing, he knows to pick up his toys when he is done playing with them, he knows to wipe his hands and clean his table when he spills food or drink in it. God knows i don't have the time to teach a 2 yr old that can not speak so clearly yet, how to clean, but he loves to do everything he sees me or his dad do, that is why we are becoming extra careful with the language and attitudes around the house.

- A child should learn how to do chores around the house, whether male or female, they can be rewarded with anything the parents think is good enough for the kids, but the reward should not be always, maybe 2 in 10 chores successfully done, only beacuse they ought to know that hardwork is part of living, if you are lazy with house chores, there is no way that laziness will not be introduced into other aspects of life.

- they should learn how to communicate with others decently and not scream at the top of their voices, do not think you will get anything from me by being rude or throwing tantrums, hmmmmm!!!

-I can't do pets in my house, i know it is a good thing, but every little pet scares me, i love dogs but will never go close to them, cats, mbanu!!! i can't ooooo, they should make do with life-size toys.

- I believe in decency and moderation in everything, i love my kids dressing nice and living large, but in moderation, don't come home to me with a pierced ear if you are a boy, or tattoos, kai!!! you will tell me if you have ever seen tattoo on my body or your father's body. i would have been telling them by the time they are 8, because the kids here grow too fast for my liking. If they think they would be getting late-night outings and sleep overs, they have something else coming, because that is not going to happen. I am so ready for their teenage years.

- They should learn how to love and love genuinely, they should also learn to appreciate every little thing, it makes them self-sufficient.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility? by 190: 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2012
Flytefalls:

Their father will spoil them, I can see that happening tongue

[size=18pt]190 smiley[/size]
Re: What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility? by Jim241gidi(m): 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2012
Nice one
Re: What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility? by lastpage: 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
jidegirl12: My eldest earns money for cleaning up her room and sweeping the hallway. .... she asked me one day mommy $1 in 1 million places is $1M right? I dropped the soup spoon and thought about it again before I responded yes baby ..... this girl will make a fortune out of me eh grin

She also volunteers once a week at Salvation Army .

She has a pet ( chinchilla) she has to take care of everyday ....... she was on my neck for that pet , I didn't ask for it... so it's her responsibility to care for it and ofcourse with help.

We support / sponsor 3 kids from 3rd world countries and she makes sure she uses her clothes & toys gently so she can pass it on to 2 of them that are her age group.

I couldn't be prouder of her and so far so good I'm doing a great job.... grin

Is there no way you can reward her for "good deeds" ...other than using money? Especially that she is still young!

..and by the way, please teach her correct English ... like "I couldn't be prouder more proud of her".... grin grin grin

You are doing a great job on your daughter, can you tell me where she keeps all those dollars? I might just rob it! shocked shocked
Now thats just a joke! Dont take me serious.

Lastpage!
Re: What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
Lastpage all you had to do is suggest your own opinion but you chose to yell at me and correcting( correct that one too) my English language on NL that I typed in a hurry like everybody else .....,, I bet I'm the only one here with typo that you just singled out eh? Bad belle no go kill you o!

You meant she rather teach your a ss good and correct English ? Hehehe

As per the piggy bank .... as long as you can withstand gunpowder odour you can take a peek. tongue

Are you for real? how is that dry sarcasm / insult funny ? Not working for me. Went down the wrong tube !
Re: What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility? by aglomar: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2012
Your doing does the teaching; parenting by example

(1) (2) (Reply)

ANALYSIS: Why Do Lesbians Marriages Crumble Faster Than Gay Marriages / Help Save My Marriage / How Do I Tell A Friend I Have Outgrown Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.