Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Nigerian Hockey Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Hockey Players (9612 Views)

Women's Hockey Team Strip Off As They Practice Their Drills 4 Charity ( Photo ) / How Come When Hockey Players Fight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Hockey Players by mulattoboy: 2:32am On Feb 17, 2008
Id like to start a topic on nigerian hockey players. I will also put up some photos. There are few african hockey players in NHL already, most of them are nigerians or half nigerians. I hope someone here also enjoys hockey as much as I do. Peace.

Re: Nigerian Hockey Players by mulattoboy: 2:37am On Feb 17, 2008
Akim Aliu is currently playing for minor leaugue in Canada. He was drafted for Chicago BlackHawks, and is considered as a future star. Hes half nigerian and half ukranian. He lived in Nigeria and Ukraine and at the age of 11 moved to Canada.

Re: Nigerian Hockey Players by mulattoboy: 2:52am On Feb 17, 2008
Jerome Iginla is another great hockey player. He was born in canada, to a nigerian father and canadian mother. He is playing for Calgary Flames and became a captain of that team in October of 2003, which actually made him a second captain with african roots in NHL. Dirk Graham of Chicago BlackHawks was the first. I guess it also makes him the first captain with Nigerian roots though.

Re: Nigerian Hockey Players by mulattoboy: 2:53am On Feb 17, 2008
Jerome Iginla is another great hockey player. He was born in canada, to a nigerian father and canadian mother. He is playing for Calgary Flames and became a captain of that team in October of 2003, which actually made him a second captain with african roots in NHL. Dirk Graham of Chicago BlackHawks was the first. I guess it also makes him the first captain with Nigerian roots though.

Re: Nigerian Hockey Players by mulattoboy: 3:01am On Feb 17, 2008
Rumun Ndur is 100% nigerian. He was born in Nigeria, but later came to Canada. He was drafted by Bufallo Sabres in 1994. Presently, he plays for Coventry Blaze in the Brittish Elite Ice Hockey League. Rumun has captured the imagination of a section of the Coventry Blaze fanbase and now has a small fan club of his own that travels to the majority of home games from the town of Banbury. He also played for New York Rangers and Atlanta Thrashers, before joining Coventry Blaze.

Re: Nigerian Hockey Players by mulattoboy: 3:05am On Feb 17, 2008
Nigerian and african hockey players may be a rarity in NHL, but they are surely here to stay and possibly they numbers will grow with time. Maybe people in Naija need to start their own hockey league. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Hockey Players by Adebell4(m): 9:29pm On Apr 15, 2012
I appreciate ur post, but u have to be specific whenever u are talking about hockey in nigeria. We have 2 types of hockey and the one played in nigeria is field hockey and not ice hockey. So if u are talking about hockey u need to specify between the two.
Re: Nigerian Hockey Players by Joseph06: 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2012
I guess it also makes him the first captain with Nigerian roots though.
(Report Post) (Quote Post) Like[img]http://www.dubaa.info/iPad.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

UK Football Pools Special Key Release For Wk 7, 2015 / African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? / FIFA Rankings: Nigeria Finish 2021 In 36th Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.