Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Biting Pain In The Bosoms - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Biting Pain In The Bosoms (679 Views)

Ladies; 6 Reasons Why You May Feel Pain In Your Vagina / Staring At Women’s Bosoms Makes Men Live Longer And Healthier- Dr. Karen / Causes Of Waist Pain In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biting Pain In The Bosoms by Bowie11(m): 12:15am On Dec 16, 2012
Please I need a Doctor in the house to solve this riddle for me.

My wife who is with a 3 months old baby is experiencing occasional biting pain in her bosoms since the baby who is entirely on bosom milk feeding was 1 month old and it is given me heartache.
I would like to know: 1) What it means. 2) What can be done to stop it etc.

Urgent and precised medical professional response will be appreciated.
Re: Biting Pain In The Bosoms by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 16, 2012
So the pain has lasted for about 3months? Is it on both breasts? How long does each episode of the pain last? Does she have fever,probably comes with the pain? Does she have lump in any of the breasts?

*am tired and sleepy,hope to revisit tomorrow*
Re: Biting Pain In The Bosoms by Bowie11(m): 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2012
Thanks @centje. The occasional biting pain comes on the two bosom at different times, though far in-between time. The pain lasts on the average of ten to twenty minutes. She has no fever. She has checked the bosoms and she told me there are no lump in either of them. I hope my answers will enable you to enlighten us on what to do and what is happening to her. Reply asap.
Re: Biting Pain In The Bosoms by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
Its most likely just a physiological process,
Breast feeding mothers can sometimes have their breast engorged with milk. Especially if the baby is not on exclusive breast feeding or the breast is producing milk far more than the baby eats.

She can see a gynaecologist to be sure its not pathologic.

However,based on my line of thought...she can do the following...

Breast feed the baby more often,better still do exclusive breast feeding.

Use breast pump to express milk. She can either discard it or feed the baby from the expressed milk.

Take a warm shower just before breast feeding

Massage the breast during breast feeding

If the pain is restricted to the nipple only,check for crack around the nipple,or she may not be latching the nipple properly.

I guess she has not resumed menstruation?
Re: Biting Pain In The Bosoms by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
Pls the unmentionable is ni*pple
Re: Biting Pain In The Bosoms by Bowie11(m): 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2012
Once again thank you.
She has not resume mensturation and She is on strictly bosom feeding for the baby. The biting pain is not on or by the ni.pple but by the centre of the bosom. She said whenever she experienced the pain the bosom will be rush-filled with milk.
Re: Biting Pain In The Bosoms by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2012
Bowie11: Once again thank you.
She has not resume mensturation and She is on strictly bosom feeding for the baby. The biting pain is not on or by the ni.pple but by the centre of the bosom. She said whenever she experienced the pain the bosom will be rush-filled with milk.
that's it,she should try some of those recommendations i gave,lets see how it goes.

(1) (Reply)

Childhood Obesity—what Can Be Done? / Arthritis: There's More You Can Do Than Just Learn To Live With It If........... / How To Loose Man Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.