Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. (2578 Views)

Picture: Nat Geo Wild Cameraman Films A Boy As Live Python Wraps Around Him / Become A Videographer (cameraman And A Video Editor) / Im In Love With Godfrey Ndachima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by mulattoboy: 3:18am On Feb 17, 2008
Hello, Im half russian and half nigerian. I live in Canada at this moment but I would like to move to Nigeria to work as a cameraman or a director. I have a diploma in video production and worked on some student projects. My father lives in Abuja and I asked him to help me out, but I would like to get in touch with some people by myself. Could anyone tell me how can I reach some producers or studios. Also, how much cameraman gets paid in Naija? I also worked with lighting and video editing. I am also open for collaborations, so when I come to Nigeria this summer, I would be glad to meet some people and hopefully become partners with them. Thanks.
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by Seun(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2008
Trust me, you won't be happy in Nigeria unless you:
(1) run your own business, or (2) work in a very big multinational company.

Cameramen don't get paid a lot; nothing like what you're used to in Canada, afaik.
The way Nigerian videos are shot, the cameraman is like a replaceable commodity.

However, if you run your own professional and reliable videography business, then
you can earn as much as you need to earn by getting lots and lots of clients.
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by mulattoboy: 2:44am On Feb 18, 2008
Thanks for your answers. Its greatly appreciated. Im coming to Nigeria for few reasons, and one of them is also to learn the culture and my other part is it is important for me. I will be brining some equipment. I plan on buying a cannon xl2. Right now cameras are not that expensive, so more and more people can afford it. Thats wasnt the case 20 years ago. Today, it becomes more affordable. I also been wondering why cant people in Nigeria make some movie like Tsotsi. This movie played around the world, even in Asia and got great responce. I think nigerian banks need to lend money to young and inspired producers and give them a chance to do something great. Also a movie can not be done in a week if you wanna make a quality movie of course. So that needs to be changed, also if you pay your actors and the crew, you better be out there on the set and make sure that everything is perfect, if there was an error done, you better re film it again and again. Thats what its all about. Its not always pretty to film a same scene over and over agin, but thats what make diffrence between a good movie and a bad movie. Editing plays a vital role as well, and of course the script is probably the most important part of any movie. Everything is important in movie making process. I would appreciate any contact you can give me. Thanks again.

P.s that oyinbo thing grin grin grin I grew up in europe and canada, so I was always considered as a black person rather than white, so I caould never use it, and of course I only belive in personal achievments of one, there are plenty of broke ass whites in North America and Europe, and it wouldnt make sense to treat them any diffrent.lol However if it will help me get more jobs, then I gotta use it.lol
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by powerofmap(m): 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2008
grin WORD from da prof.

mulattoboy:

I also been wondering why can't people in Nigeria make some movie like Tsotsi.

Again don't even try to tell dem wat to produce because both countries Movie Budget 're not the same.

Ur Mullato go tooo give you work cos naija mentality be say ppl wey from jand dey too much.Anyway Naija Movie Industry awaits your arrival.
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by musbaunow(m): 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2008
guy, when u hit town please let meet, my company will like to do some collabo with you on a freelance base relationship.
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by Seun(m): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2008
What do you need a cameraman for? I thought we had lots of camera operators already, if not other things?
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by CrozRode: 3:43am On Feb 25, 2008
Hi there, am on the same boat with you Mulatoboy. I just came back fom Nigeria, thinking i could finda link to breakthrough in the film production business. But it seems to be hard. I have not lost the interest. I reside in UK. I shall be going back soon. Jimmy Cliff said Try, Try and Try. I will not relent in my effort to be a good asset to the nigerian film productions. Am into film editing/production graphic/web design. Anyway, if you are looking for guys to team up with kindly count me in. Thanks
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by richyodilu(m): 12:08pm On Mar 08, 2008
Mulato, get in touch with me on a collabo effort, richyodilu@yahoo.com
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by dominique(f): 10:26am On Mar 11, 2008
combrazor:

ahhh, mulattoboy! if you intend to enter the Nigerian movie industry with this kind of mentality, i can assure you that you are in for a very difficult and extremely frustrating time!

why are Nigerian movies not Tsotsi? well, for one thing, i can start by telling you that it is because Nigeria is not South Africa!

the Nigerian movie industry has its own way of doing things, and it's not likely to change anytime in the near future. you either accept it for what it is and work with it, or you can do your own thing outside the system and do it however you want to.

but in the name of God, i beg you: do not go to Nigeria and start trying to teach people about how they need to change!

well, totsi won an oscar and if we ever want our movies to get that kind of recognition, we need people who will do things a little differently with new ideas and concept, obviously the current state of nollywood will never get us anywhere .
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by mulattoboy: 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2008
@richyodilu
Thanks Im curently talk to my father and will be in Nigeria this summer. I will contact you before my arrival.
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by musbaunow(m): 10:11am On Mar 26, 2008
Seun , i need a freelance camera man not for any other thing but strictly business so if u have one, please recommend.
Re: Im Looking For A Job As A Cameraman. by valchris10: 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2011
i'm good but don't have a camera right now. you can contact me on 2347032472166
0r valchris10@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Movie Trailer;just Go With It Starring Jennifer Aniston And Adam Sandler / Movie Download Files Abbreviations And Their Meanings / Selina Tested – ( Episode 28 Endgame B ) Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.