Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Which Of These Do You Consider? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Which Of These Do You Consider? (675 Views)

How Much Do You Consider Broke? / A What Point Would You Consider Suicide? / Which 3 parts of your body would you consider most important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2012
Today, i saw a new topic and as i wanted to reply d last poster, i refrained and i noticed dt i did dt cos its a female and d last thing i wanted to do with a female was engage in an e-brawl, i try to avoid it as much as possible and dt stirred a thought within me, nairalanders, which of these prevents you from insulting a fellow nairalander even when d situation calls for it; belief, gender of d person, time d person registered eg.newbie, fear of ban, clique, forum, topic, others specify.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by Afam4eva(m): 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2012
I find it hard to engage people that are kinda nice in a brawl. I can curse out people like Bluetooth, geez, ekoile but find it difficult to engage people like Gbawe, demdem etc in an e-brawl. Though i can chip in a few slight maligning statements every once in a while.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
In other words you tend to consider personality?
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by Afam4eva(m): 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
ATMC: In other words you tend to consider personality?
Yeah...
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
*smile* i've been there
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by IZUKWU(m): 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2012
Cursing people,engaging in battles whether e- or otherwise has never been my forte ,i in about my business in my own peace,calm and gentle way. Don't have time for trouble ,even if it came looking for me , i usually avoid it. In the years i have been here ,don't think i have ever engaged anybody in fight and i don't have any plan to. In real life ,if i see a fight tomorrow that i can avoid today. I will avoid it. Unless it comes to my feet.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by k2039: 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2012
I try as much as possible to be civil but in a case where I just cant help the stupidity of the poster then I will retaliate. I'm allergic to stupidity, though I understand we are all entitled to be stupid but in cases where people abuse the privilege of being stupid then I call their bluff.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 9:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
k2039: I try as much as possible to be civil but in a case where I just cant help the stupidity of the poster then I will retaliate. I'm allergic to stupidity, though I understand we are all entitled to be stupid but in cases where people abuse the privilege of being stupid then I call their bluff.
so for you its stupidity of posters and silly posts dt trigger d button?
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2012
IZUKWU: Cursing people,engaging in battles whether e- or otherwise has never been my forte ,i in about my business in my own peace,calm and gentle way. Don't have time for trouble ,even if it came looking for me , i usually avoid it. In the years i have been here ,don't think i have ever engaged anybody in fight and i don't have any plan to. In real life ,if i see a fight tomorrow that i can avoid today. I will avoid it. Unless it comes to my feet.
i used to think i'm this way until of late when i noticed dt i'm sorta lenient to ladies than guys, i'd insulted a guy to his utter amazement but a lady committed d same offence and sailed through...that left me thinking dt there must be something dt fuels e-brawl like d aforementioned factors. So izu, inasmuch as you are yet to engage in an e-fight, there must be some factor you consider when replying a post which often determines your tone and your choice of words. Like i said before, for me, its d gender and also d forum like i can't imagine e-fighting in d religion section. So what could this factor be?
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by k2039: 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2012
ATMC: so for you its stupidity of posters and silly posts dt trigger d button?
sure
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by IZUKWU(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2012
ATMC: i used to think i'm this way until of late when i noticed dt i'm sorta lenient to ladies than guys, i'd insulted a guy to his utter amazement but a lady committed d same offence and sailed through...that left me thinking dt there must be something dt fuels e-brawl like d aforementioned factors. So izu, inasmuch as you are yet to engage in an e-fight, there must be some factor you consider when replying a post which often determines your tone and your choice of words. Like i said before, for me, its d gender and also d forum like i can't imagine e-fighting in d religion section. So what could this factor be?
if a post piques my interest,i usually responds if nobody has said what i want to say notminding whether its male or female. Though sometimes i may try to provoke or find trouble with posters around me. But when i don't have anything to say , i jump and pass or do i say read and pass. My base here has been the romance and sexuality section . It is these day that the writing section ,sports section ,diary section has caught my interest. These sections are less volatile . If i have kept my cool there,i will always keep my cool,i rarely loose my cool. Am very cool tampered. One of the problems i have with my father ,he keeps complaining that i never get angry even my he intentionally wants me fuming, i just leave the house for everybody.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by code0: 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2012
Just like k2039 have said, some people can make stup!d comment that you can't help but to scream on them. Again, it also depends on the personality involve, for example, I've been following k2039's contributions on topics and I must confess they have been fine and I like him but if one day I read some stup!d things from him, I'll just leave him alone thinking maybe he is high on something or... And even for someone like afam, I've also been watching him closely and I think he is also good except once that either he created a thread on some stup!d subject or made a bad comment and everyone was like: should this be coming from afam4eva (afam, remember?). Inside me, I was... no it's not this guy. I couldn't even comment. Just kept mute and watches others but since then he has been good.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by k2039: 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2012
code_0: Just like k2039 have said, some people can make stup!d comment that you can't help but to scream on them. Again, it also depends on the personality involve, for example, I've been following k2039's contributions on topics and I must confess they have been fine and I like him but if one day I read some stup!d things from him, I'll just leave him alone thinking maybe he is high on something or... And even for someone like afam, I've also been watching him closely and I think he is also good except once that either he created a thread on some stup!d subject or made a bad comment and everyone was like: should this be coming from afam4eva (afam, remember?). Inside me, I was... no it's not this guy. I couldn't even comment. Just kept mute and watches others but since then he has been good.

I'm not infallible, infact I have made a couple of stupid comments and I have been hurled insults(though most times they are always long posts I fail to read, I draw my assumptions from the topic heading and conclusion).
Ofcourse I dont have problems with insult provided you are objective enough to show me my stupidity.
So code_0, do not hesitate to let me know when you think I'm wrong, frankly I have learnt a lot on nl and I'm still learning.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by Mynd44: 5:46am On Dec 17, 2012
Hmmm. I don't consider ooo.

But most times, I try to remember the person's former post and see if it is consistent with that one so as to decide if the person is joking or serious. I don't even quote some people at all cos they have showed that their views are different from mine so it will be pointless.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by Alaafialoro(m): 7:13am On Dec 17, 2012
E-fighting is quite unavoidable on nairaland like some other forums but I try as much as possible to run away from it because I so much detest ‘insultive name calling‘ . But when there‘s no way out,I only consider how notorious you are for e-fighting because engaging you in one.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 7:27am On Dec 17, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:
E-fighting is quite unavoidable on nairaland like some other forums but I try as much as possible to run away from it because I so much detest ‘insultive name calling‘ . But when there‘s no way out,I only consider how notorious you are for e-fighting because engaging you in one.
so what you consider is notoriety? If d poster is known for hurling grade 1 insults, you pick race lol, otherwise you tackle such one...hehehe, fear dey look face...ok noted!
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 7:31am On Dec 17, 2012
Mynd_44: Hmmm. I don't consider ooo.

But most times, I try to remember the person's former post and see if it is consistent with that one so as to decide if the person is joking or serious. I don't even quote some people at all cos they have showed that their views are different from mine so it will be pointless.
people's previous posts, interesting!
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by Alaafialoro(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2012
ATMC: so what you consider is notoriety? If d poster is known for hurling grade 1 insults, you pick race lol, otherwise you tackle such one...hehehe, fear dey look face...ok noted!
Nope,it‘s the other way round. If you are notorious for e-fighting,I may engage you in e-fighting but if you are not,I will pardon you as a first time offender. I think religious section is the worst section to be for e-brawl,that‘s why I hardly go there.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by code0: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2012
k2039:

I'm not infallible, infact I have made a couple of stupid comments and I have been hurled insults(though most times they are always long posts I fail to read, I draw my assumptions from the topic heading and conclusion).
Ofcourse I dont have problems with insult provided you are objective enough to show me my stupidity.
So code_0, do not hesitate to let me know when you think I'm wrong, frankly I have learnt a lot on nl and I'm still learning.

If you say so.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
For those that loves insulting, keep up with the good works...of course it's a faceless forum...but i beg you, dont think you can get away with it offline. you might end up losing good set of teeth
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
1. First of all, I weigh the intelligence in such person's comments. It's bluntly of no use tackling a no-show.
2. I avoid feminine brawls cos naturally, they've got the weaker sense of reasoning and they seem to have this almost inexhaustible tank of nag-energy..So that when you start such, even if you didn't start it, You're on a LONG thing!
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

Nope,it‘s the other way round. If you are notorious for e-fighting,I may engage you in e-fighting but if you are not,I will pardon you as a first time offender. I think religious section is the worst section to be for e-brawl,that‘s why I hardly go there.
i agree with you on religion section being d oddest place to engage in a fight...so to notoriety, you added section, i see, your conscience is 'kicking' smiley
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
Vikin: For those that loves insulting, keep up with the good works...of course it's a faceless forum...but i beg you, dont think you can get away with it offline. you might end up losing good set of teeth
grin tell it to d birds! Of course they know d boundary.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by tpia1: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
It depends on a lot of things such as post history, present context, any extenuating factors, etc.

I generally give you lots of leeway, and if you decide that's a weakness, then i go there with you.

However, if what you're looking for is a mod position or some other goodies to help your low self esteem, i have no problem obliging you.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
CHYKMAN: 1. First of all, I weigh the intelligence in such person's comments. It's bluntly of no use tackling a no-show.
2. I avoid feminine brawls cos naturally, they've got the weaker sense of reasoning and they seem to have this almost inexhaustible tank of nag-energy..So that when you start such, even if you didn't start it, You're on a LONG thing!
lol, so its mainly personality and gender for you, good to know i can hurl insult at you without you retaliating...hahaha...chyke you are in for a looooong thing!

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2012
tpia1: It depends on...

However, if what you're looking for is a mod position or some other goodies to help your low self esteem, i have no problem obliging you.
i don't get this
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by Alaafialoro(m): 10:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
ATMC: i agree with you on religion section being d oddest place to engage in a fight...so to notoriety, you added section, i see, your conscience is 'kicking' smiley
What baffles me most about some of the e-fights on NL is the ‘clique‘ they attach to it. If you engage someone in e-fight,some of his faceless pals on here will definitely join him in insulting you. I so much detest that habit.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

What baffles me most about some of the e-fights on NL is the ‘clique‘ they attach to it. If you engage someone in e-fight,some of his faceless pals on here will definitely join him in insulting you. I so much detest that habit.
lol, we are made in bunchies, when you see yours you click...clique...lol. Some people find their bunch here so if you can't stand them, you stoop. Lol
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by Alaafialoro(m): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2012
ATMC: lol, we are made in bunchies, when you see yours you click...clique...lol. Some people find their bunch here so if you can't stand them, you stoop. Lol
Lol.. Stooping is definitely not an option. Clique only makes it difficult but not impossible. You just take them on until you are tired and then ignore them. You run away to fight another day.
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 18, 2012
ATMC: lol, so its mainly personality and gender for you, good to know i can hurl insult at you without you retaliating...hahaha...chyke you are in for a looooong thing!
Hehehe.. If I were you, I wouldn't bank on that.. A little bird once told me some ladies can be won only after a brawl.. I haven't tried that yet, but fully intend to.. *wink*
Re: Which Of These Do You Consider? by ATMC(f): 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2012
CHYKMAN:
Hehehe.. If I were you, I wouldn't bank on that.. A little bird once told me some ladies can be won only after a brawl.. I haven't tried that yet, but fully intend to.. *wink*
undecided

(1) (Reply)

World Without Women (part 3) / Olamide killed after shunning Foot Bridge / Money or Power?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.