Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? (1238 Views)

Plss Help Me Out! Im Finding It Hard To Browse On My Android Wit Mtn Bis / Finding It Hard To Let Go Of An Old Phone ??? / Please I Need Help From Anyone As To What To Do. I Have Been Finding It Difficult Downloading Anti V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by Spindus(m): 1:17am On Aug 09, 2005
Hi,

Is anyone finding it difficult browsing via CSD on the Vmobile network? then leave your email addy with the make and model of your handset and soon, help come thy way. Believe me, a detailed guide will be sent to you.

I was introduced to the trick by a friend.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by Seun(m): 2:08am On Aug 09, 2005
Thanks, Spindus, for this offer. We would be delighted to have another Mobile Telephony Expert on the forum, in addition to AYA.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by hotangel2(f): 5:07am On Aug 09, 2005
Just paste the information on here, so everyone can view it. smiley
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by Spindus(m): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2005
Thanks Seun and angel for your responses. But hot angel, you really have to be specific now because not all mobile phones have the same settings/settings location. So, if i have at least the make and model of your handset, then i'll be very helpful.

For instance, the settings/settings location below may not work with all the handsets. It's a template for Nokia 3220 and related.

[b]Configuration of Nokia 3220 to Access (CSD)

1. Select Settings from main menu.
2. Select Configuration settings.
3. Select Personal configuration settings.
4. Press Add new.
5. Select Services.
6.  Key in the following:
7.  Account name: Vactive
8.  Homepage: http://wap.vmobile4me.com
9.  User name: wap
10. Password: wap
11. Select Access point settings.
12. Proxy: Enable
13. Proxy address: 172.18.254.5
14. Proxy port: 8080
15. Data bearer: GSM data
16. Select Bearer settings.
17. Dial-up number: +2348022981000
18. Authentication: Normal
19. Data call type: ISDN
20. Data call speed: 9600
21. User name: wap
22. Password: wap
23. Display terminal window: No
24. Press Back three times to go back to Personal account.
25. Press Options.
26. Select Activate.
27. Press Back until you go back to the main menu.
28. Select Services. Select Home to launch the browser to access Vactive
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by ogo: 7:07pm On Aug 20, 2005
hey thanks 4 his link ive got a sagem v55,lilogzy@yahoo.com
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by Spindus(m): 8:05pm On Aug 22, 2005
WAP MANUAL CONFIGURATION SETTINGS FOR SAGEM v55.

1 Press the Menu button and scroll to WAP and then press Select
2 Scroll to Advanced and then press the Tick button
3 Scroll to Settings and press the Tick button
4 Select Connection Settings and then press the Tick button
5 Select a new empty profile and then press Options
6 Scroll to Provider Title and then press OK
7 Profile name should read Vactive, if not then enter this in then press OK
8 Scroll to Homepage then press OK
9 Enter http://wap.vmobile4me.com then press OK
10 Scroll to Preferred Connection; this should be set to GSM then press OK
11 Scroll to GSM Parameters then press Options
12 Scroll to Login then press OK
13 Enter user as wap then press OK
14 Scroll to password then press OK
15 Enter wap then press OK
16 Scroll to IP Address and then press OK
17 Enter 172.018.254.005 then press OK
18 Scroll to Port Type then press OK
19 Select Non Secure then press Done
20 Scroll to Dial-Up Number then press OK
21 Enter +2348022981000 then press OK
22 Scroll to Mode then press OK
23 Call type should be set to Digital then press OK
24 Press Back twice
25 Scroll to Vactive, it should have an asterix next to it. If not, press Options and then Activate
26 Once there is an asterix next to Vactive then press Back three times
27 Scroll to Vactive and press the Tick button to access the Vmobile WAP service

Hope it helps. Please feel free to air your views ASAP or simply refer to vmobile website

http://www.vmobile-nigeria.com
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by bambi(m): 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2005
hi, your peice makes good reading, I reset my phone and lost all my wap settings. I use a sony ericsson t630, please oblige me.
Bambi
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by mamba(m): 5:00am On Oct 01, 2005
how much do they charge for this service, or is it free?
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by Seun(m): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2005
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by afadun: 5:59pm On Nov 07, 2005
hello

i use a sony errisn, k500I, i can actaullay access some sites, however my yahoo account doesnot open, any advises!!
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by Seun(m): 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2005
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by skima(m): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2005
Help needed on Nec N21 i. After all the setting has been entered, it still ask us to choose CSD profile haven choosen it.

Also Sony ericsson t630
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by mamba(m): 4:25am On Nov 08, 2005
Are you sure you're in a gprs coverage area? if you're in a dead zone, the phone will ask for CSD when u try to use gprs. As for the t630, check above your signal strength indicator(top left on phone screen) if there's a full blue triangle.. if you have that, send wapgprs to 184 and install the settings u receive from Vmobile.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by mamba(m): 4:26am On Nov 08, 2005
Are you sure you're in a gprs coverage area? if you're in a dead zone, the phone will ask for CSD when u try to use gprs. As for the t630, check above your signal strength indicator(top left on phone screen) if there's a full blue triangle.. if you have that, send wapgprs to 184 and install the settings u receive from Vmobile.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by phatloomy(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2005
i saw this ad in punch yesterday about vmobile officially launching their 2.5g network and we have to send some key words to 184 to get the settings for the vmobile gprs but its available to nokia and sony ericsson, i use a sagem my X6 i dont know if anybody has d settings so it could be configured manually
thanx
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by lyon: 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2005
Hi guys  who's got the  info   on  Sagem MY V  -56? CSD
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by fred: 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2005
pls send the wap csd to my phone sagem 3020 08029484334 fred david
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by aniyikaye(m): 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2005
Hey,
Thanks 4 this wonderful opportunity.
I use sony ericsson p900 and i have hitherto been finding it difficult to browse with it.The Vmobile has sent to me some wapcsd configuration settings because i stay in ibadan,and they said it is only the csd that can work here and yet it is not working.Could anybody out there send me this manual setting to bail me out?
My box add is olou_olu@hotmail.com.
Regards.
Olu Aniyikaye
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by kommy27(f): 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2005
i have a nokia 6610 and vmobile sent me the settings which i saved but i still cant browse or send mmswhat do i do?
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by spikedcylinder: 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2006
I have the same problems with kommy.
Spindus,i use nokia 7610,can you help?
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by darqly(m): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2006
Hey Spindus, I use a Samsung D500. Finding it hard to browse via CSD as gprs is only in Lagos area for now. As a matter of fact, I've never connected via CSD! Let me know any tips.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by cushman(m): 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2006
I use nokia 6230i and i have probs using csd.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by oseahumen: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2006
hello all,
Can someone tell me more about this topic?I am a lover of vmobile network
and a 2100 nokia handset,can I be part of it.

Oseahumen
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by wormedup(m): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2006
oseahumen:

hello all,
Can someone tell me more about this topic?I am a lover of vmobile network
and a 2100 nokia handset,can I be part of it.

Oseahumen

Sorry mate, Nokia 2100 is not wap or gprs enabled. i guess u'll have to change phones.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria CSD...finding it difficult? by spikedcylinder: 10:00am On Mar 16, 2006
SPINDUS!!!WHERE ARE YOU O?!?!

(1) (Reply)

Can Number Portability Drive Etisalat Nigeria Market Share? / Anyone Using Starcomm Haier D1200p Cdma ? / Nokia N79,or E52 Or E5 Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.