Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,773 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense (717 Views)

I Give El Rufai 14 Days To Retrace His Steps Or Face The Wrath Of God - Dr Chris / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / Are Nigerian Pastors Not Scared Of The Wrath Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
God's wrath is being poured out upon the world as we speak, due to the wickedness and evil of man.

There is a difference between his Wrath and the final Judgement.

His present wrath which includes chastisement and punishment is to guide MAN back to the way of truth and righteousness , it is not for MAN's total destruction, though with time when God's word is ignored the heart becomes hardened and almost insensitive to the speakings of the conscience.

Judgement is final, i.e MAN has rejected the truth unto DEATH and the only remedy for his situation is eternal DEATH.

Let us be clear, a lot that is going on in the world today is a result of GOD's wrath on a wicked and perverse generation.

Heres how Paul succintly puts it.

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness " - Romans 1:18

In Revelation there is further evidence that the Wrath of GOD is an ongoing thing.

"Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of God’s wrath on the earth........8 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. 9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him." - Revelation 16 : 3 - 9

Who are those people that are recipients of GOD's wrath today ?

"24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie , and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator — who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

Could it be that the trouble in your life today is a result of GOD's wrath on your wicked actions, words and thoughts ? This is worthy of consideration.

God's wrath is a good thing , to turn us away from our sin and make us understand how much he hates SIN.
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Emusan(m): 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
Good write up, i pray it will make front page
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2012
Threatening unbelievers with the wrath of some god?

A rational mind knows that a staement of violence is not a logical argument and is the tool of an unreasonable thug
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by advocate666: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
That wrath is not working on me. The protection of Satan shields me from all godliness.
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by advocate666: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
I thought your god was the kind, loving one?
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by mumumugu(m): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
Dont fear God because of hell. Dont obey him for fear of his wrath. Just obey him out of love
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2012
mumumugu: Dont fear God because of hell. Dont obey him for fear of his wrath. Just obey him out of love

The fear of GOD is healthy.

It is not the negative fear of dread but a fear of offending a loving GOD who is perfectly holy and has an immense disdain for all that is sinful.

Wrath is a consequence of defiling the creation of GOD and is a natural process.

Sow evil , reap evil.

Sow good, reap good.

Only a FOOL will expect good when he sows evil.
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
Logicboy03: Threatening unbelievers with the wrath of some god?

A rational mind knows that a staement of violence is not a logical argument and is the tool of an unreasonable thug

violence ?

Tell us who perpetuates all the violence in the world today , such as the mowing down of 20 innocent kids in the US ? Answer : MAN

Man dishes out injustice and oppression to his fellow man 24/7 and then blames the consequences on GOD.

Man gossips about and maligns his fellow Man and blames God for the outcome.

We , as a race, invented the Nuclear bomb that can wipe out mankind in hours , in fact this same bomb was used to kill a little over 1/2 a million during the 2nd world war.

We keep inventing more diabolical and mass murderous tools for killing , we promote violence and grotesque video games and guess what , God is to blame for the outcome of mass shootings, serial murder etc.

MAN creates p.orn on the Internet, promotes the sexualisation of society and then stupidly wonders why there is so much AIDs and other sexual diseases, abortions , sexual addictions , rape , heart breaks etc . Oh I guess GOD is to blame.

Mate, don't be a FOOL, , think hard. The world is the way it is because of MAN not GOD.

MAN without GOD is a most inherently wicked creature and inclined to evil and violence.

Mind you I said MAN without GOD, not MAN without religion, religion is an invention of MAN.

Let us grow up for once and accept responsibility for our actions.

A child cannot keep blaming the parent for the consequences of it's bad behaviour.

But God does not exist, so he can't be the reason for all these bad things anyhow, lol . grin
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
frosbel:

violence ?

Tell us who perpetuates all the violence in the world today , such as the mowing down of 20 innocent kids in the US ? Answer : MAN

Man dishes out injustice and oppression to his fellow man 24/7 and then blames the consequences on GOD.

Man gossips about and maligns his fellow Man and blames God for the outcome.

We , as a race, invented the Nuclear bomb that can wipe out mankind in hours , in fact this same bomb was used to kill a little over 1/2 a million during the 2nd world war.

We keep inventing more diabolical and mass murderous tools for killing , we promote violence and grotesque video games and guess what , God is to blame for the outcome of mass shootings, serial murder etc.

MAN creates p.orn on the Internet, promotes the sexualisation of society and then stupidly wonders why there is so much AIDs and other sexual diseases, abortions , sexual addictions , rape , heart breaks etc . Oh I guess GOD is to blame.

Mate, don't be a FOOL, , think hard. The world is the way it is because of MAN not GOD.

MAN without GOD is a most inherently wicked creature and inclined to evil and violence.

Mind you I said MAN without GOD, not MAN without religion, religion is an invention of MAN.

Let us grow up for once and accept responsibility for our actions.

A child cannot keep blaming the parent for the consequences of it's bad behaviour.

But God does not exist, so he can't be the reason for all these bad things anyhow, lol . grin

Yaweh in the bible is the embodiment of violence.

-Wiped out humanity down to a family with a flood
-Sends people to hell for eternal torture or destroys people who die in disbelief
-Bombs Sodom and Gommorah for sins
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yaweh in the bible is the embodiment of violence.

-Wiped out humanity down to a family with a flood
-Sends people to hell for eternal torture or destroys people who die in disbelief
-Bombs Sodom and Gommorah for sins

' God ' does not exist, get over it !!!

You obviously cannot bear to live in a world where there is peace, harmony and lawfulness.

You would rather live in a lawless world which really says a lot about you, anyway your choice, live with the consequences.
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
frosbel:

' God ' does not exist, get over it !!!

You obviously cannot bear to live in a world where there is peace, harmony and lawfulness.

You would rather live in a lawless world which really says a lot about you, anyway your choice, live with the consequences.

You have never seen heaven and you are trying to explain that it is better than what we have here? That is re.tarded. It would be like someone telling me that 10 galaxies away there is a planet that is perfect with no evidence to support it.

I like christians like you. When shown the evil that Yaweh is, you go on useless rants that show how extremist and crazy many of you are
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

You have never seen heaven and you are trying to explain that it is better than what we have here? That is re.tarded. It would be like someone telling me that 10 galaxies away there is a planet that is perfect with no evidence to support it.

I like christians like you. When shown the evil that Yaweh is, you go on useless rants that show how extremist and crazy many of you are

and you are 'sane' to want to live in a world which is laden with the most horrendous types of evil , wickedness and man's inhumanity.

If this is what normal life means to you , no wonder you are confused and lost.
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
frosbel:

and you are 'sane' to want to live in a world which is laden with the most horrendous types of evil , wickedness and man's inhumanity.

If this is what normal life means to you , no wonder you are confused and lost.

It was not my choice to be in this world but since I am here, I will make the best of it. Love my neighbours because it is good and not because some Jewish man of god said so.

I am not like you that focuses on an imarginary place rather than developing the current place that you live in.

You are the wicked one. You are arrogant. You believe that your religion is the only way. You believe that your God is the only god. You believe that non-believers deserve whatever punishment thay get from that god.

You are a sadistic psychopath
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

It was not my choice to be in this world but since I am here, I will make the best of it. Love my neighbours because it is good and not because some Jewish man of god said so.

Can you honestly tell me that you love all your neighbors as yourself, and what does this love mean, what is it's scope and what is it's endurance limit.

Or is it ( most likely ) a wish-washy kindly of love, only giving lip service to the actual term without conforming to it's values.

Do you gossip about people behind their backs ?

Do you slander others ?

Do you rail abuse and insults at your fellow MAN ?

Do you covet what others have ?

Do you commit falsehood to cover-up your actions ?

If your answer to the above is positive, your love is null and void.

I am not like you that focuses on an imarginary place rather than developing the current place that you live in.

I don't focus on imaginary places, rather a new heaven and new earth, same location but refurbished and cleansed from all evil and evil doers.

You are the wicked one. You are arrogant. You believe that your religion is the only way. You believe that your God is the only god. You believe that non-believers deserve whatever punishment thay get from that god.

I believe that JESUS is the only WAY.

Besides, let us assume on your behalf that this were true, the consequence of your rejecting life is death. You cannot want God to allow you live in his world when you so abjectly hate him and his righteous ways.

You will bear the same reward of the lawless one if you persist on this path of vain foolishness.

You are a sadistic psychopath

Thanks lovely neighbor , lol. grin
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2012
I would expect my friend to tell me the truth when I behave like a sadistic psychopath grin. I am very justified in telling you so......do unto others.....

I love how you are asking me questions about "love".

However, I wish not to engage in such debate with you when your notions about love are at the extreme. To you, it makes sense for a loving god to drown babies and children because of the "sins" of their elders in Noah's time.

It is a waste of time explaining love to an unrepentant psychopath like yourself
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
[quote author=Logicboy03]I would expect my friend to tell me the truth when I behave like a sadistic psychopath grin. I am very justified in telling you so......do unto others.....

I love how you are asking me questions about "love".

You won't know what true love is , even it hits you in the face.

However, I wish not to engage in such debate with you when your notions about love are at the extreme. To you, it makes sense for a loving god to drown babies and children because of the "sins" of their elders in Noah's time.

Grow up and make some mature statements, how can a God who does not exist drown babies ? You are really confused.
Re: The Wrath Of God Is Present Tense Not Future Tense by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
Frosbel,

"assuming your god is true........."

I have always known that you are re.tarded because you cant acknowledge the above assumption

(1) (Reply)

Prove That God Does Not Exist And Jesus (is/ Is Not) The Son Of God? / Would You Obey ur Pastor/priest If He Asked U To Fast On A Day Lik Dis(new Year) / Matthew Ashimolowo Acquires Multimillion Pound Land In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.