Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,107 members, 7,849,455 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Christopher Katongo Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2012 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christopher Katongo Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2012 (546 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Vote For Vincent Enyeama As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2014 / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christopher Katongo Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2012 by missbond007: 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2012
Zambian captain Christopher Katongo has been named BBC African Footballer of the year 2012. The 30 year old who is also a soldier in his home country, made history as he is the first winner from southern Africa in the history of the award

He beat African footballers Didier Drogba, Demba Ba, Yaya Toure and Younes Belhanda, to clinch the title.

This is what Katongo told BBC Sport....
"This is a fantastic moment for me. I thank the people who voted for me. It is something I will never forget in my career.

"This means a lot for the young people and the young players who look up to me. I could not have achieved this without the support of my team-mates."

http://.com/2012/12/christopher-katongo-named-bbc-african.html

(1) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Dating Balotelli's Sister / Congratulations Baltimore Ravens!!! / Nff Thanks Tb Joshua For Cote D’ivoire Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.