Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy (6184 Views)

Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / Commander Daba: Pilot Of The Crashed Helicopter - A Tribute / Crashed Helicopter That Killed DIG Haruna John Was Faulty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by supereagle(m): 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
The Nigerian Navy has explained that its fleet of helicopters, including the crashed Agusta helicopter marked NN07 is properly maintained and serviced regularly in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ogebor in a statement issued today in Abuja said the Nigerian Navy conducts routine maintenance of its helicopters in conjunction with aircraft manufacturers, Agusta Westland, in response to suggestions that the helicopter crashed because of poor maintenance.

“In order to ensure serviceability of helicopters, a certified technical support engineer from Agusta Westland is retained in Nigeria by Nigerian Navy at a huge cost to support maintenance efforts. The engineer in collaboration with Nigerian Navy aircraft engineers certifies the air worthiness of the helicopters before any deployment.

“As at the time of the incident, the helicopter had flown 1704 flight hours. Her last scheduled routine maintenance was concluded on 19 November, 2012 and was cleared for operations on 20 November, 2012 by certified technical support engineer. When the aircraft crashed, it was having more than 80 flight hours before the next scheduled routine maintenance. The Nigerian Navy pilots are very experienced. Infact, the Captain in command has flown over 800 hours while co-pilot had flown over 300 hours….

“As you are all aware, an accident investigation board has been constituted to unravel the remote and immediate causes of the unfortunate incident. Therefore, the Nigerian Navy will not want to pre-empt the findings of the investigation….

“The aircraft just took off. About two, three minutes from take off when the incident happened. Whatever must have been responsible for the explosion, that Naval Headquarters cannot tell now. We will wait until the investigation board comes out with their finding.

Six persons died in the Saturday crash of the Agusta helicopter in the Bayelsa Creek. They included the governor of Kaduna state, Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa and the former National Security Adviser, Andrew Owoye Azazi, their aides, the pilot and co-pilot.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/12/17/nigerias-crashed-copter-well-maintained-says-navy/

a typical Agusta helicopter

Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
While some fools believed the helicopter was faulty?

I expect some people to say our Navy is inept and blah blah therefore their report in invalid.

Azazi was killed and me thinks it's because of what he knows.

7 Likes

Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by skyfall: 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
Ok let's assume the chopper was fine. If the investigation determines that it was blown up and those men intentionally murdered, will the navy release that information to the public?

I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by hakanai(m): 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
For me i believe alot of things could have gone wrong.If i am allowed to have my way it will be advisable to get the Italian manufacturers of this chopper to come and explain the high rate of accident with there product and why the fatality rate is so high. Alot of machines are made to survive difficult scenario, especially military spec machines and also to reduce risk of fatality.Since i have being hearing this chopper crash in Nigeria,no one has ever made it out a life. Are we sure we are buying the right things for our military/security personnel. undecided undecided undecided
Lets also include following
Human errors to include sabotage and negligence
Mechanical defects from manufacturer and if this can be improved.

1 Like

Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by TRUTHTELA: 12:49am On Dec 18, 2012
Did anyone else notice that in the past week Boko Haram, didn't carry out any bombing?? I thought they slowed down ( repented) or the "negotiation" is going on or they're losing the war, IN HINDSIGHT, they had some BIG TARGETS ( Yakowa & Azazi), hence they channel their resources and scheming on how to get these two gentlemen out of the way. The death of these two guys revealed alot of things, THERE'S A THICK PLOT TO HIT JONATHAN. If Jonathan is " UNHITABLE", these two guys were taken out ahead of 2015 election & their death will weaken Jonathan's camp & their plot.

My own conclusion? Yakowa & Azazi's death was not a mere accident ( THE NORTHERN ELITES, led by the INCUMBENT NSA, Dasuki knows about this), let's assume it is not an accident, the DESPERATION for political power on the side of the Muslim Northerners, are not doing them any favor & will never do them one.

From all indications, things are not looking good in naija, some of these QUESTIONABLE DEATHS plunged SOMALIA, RWANDA etc to a BLOODY CIVIL WAR and Nigeria will not be an exception.

Jonathan, wake up!!!! Keep Northern muslims, Obasanjo & all your enemies where they belong, before its too late for you. THE BATTLE IS ON!

8 Likes

Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Willy7(m): 1:02am On Dec 18, 2012
We dont even need d Navy to tell us,every sensible and smart follower of Nigeria's politics knows that those deaths werent accidental.It was a planned job,but who is responsible?PDP.The apple does not fall far from the tree.2015 is going to be a real determinant if Nigeria will remain one or not.God help us all
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by malele(m): 4:45am On Dec 18, 2012
This is the sixth time am saying this that helicopter had bomb in it.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Wendyslim(f): 9:03am On Dec 18, 2012
Why will people be saying dat crash is a planned work? I believe there should be securities at the station and the pilot actually communicated before the crash.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 18, 2012
undecided if i hear...
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by otokx(m): 9:09am On Dec 18, 2012
So the navy is saying there was an explosion but do not know what caused it.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Classicalman(m): 9:11am On Dec 18, 2012
I believe the Navy. The aircraft is relatively new and also routinely maintained according to shedule. The major cause of the crash was its overuse by our fat greedy and insensitive presidency. They converted a chopper into a flying molue/kabukabu and overstressed the engine. Naturally, it gave up at the 15th trip. Tell me why they wont go by road from bayelsa to P.H? Oh i forgot, they refused to repair the roads. They must continue crashing till they repair our roads.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by ujukala: 9:13am On Dec 18, 2012
Those that died are oblivious of what you are saying and doing. Maintain your aircrafts for the living.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by GeneralGaricks: 9:23am On Dec 18, 2012
Sure?
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by fkaz(m): 9:23am On Dec 18, 2012
0lumide: While some fools believed the helicopter was faulty?

I expect some people to say our Navy is inept and blah blah therefore their report in invalid.

hmmm the guy knows PDP member sponsoring BOKO HARAM and PDP can't afford to stop the boko boys now.

1 Like

Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Eisenhower(m): 9:24am On Dec 18, 2012
It's obvious that the helicopter was blown and we know that the two men are jonathan's consiliglere.also,azazi's bold comment on PDP,boko haram while yakowa, the first xtian governor of kaduna.
The political terrain is shaping up for 2015...be watchful nigerians!
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2012
Wendyslim: Why will people be saying dat crash is a planned work? I believe there should be securities at the station and the pilot actually communicated before the crash.
It is obvious there was a time bomb planted on the helicopter.GEJ should be very very careful of people he has surrounded himself with.there is an under way plan to assassinate him,please don't ask me,ask the current NSA.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Eneze1(f): 9:28am On Dec 18, 2012
the truth is unfolding gradually, naija i hail thee
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by ujchief(m): 9:31am On Dec 18, 2012
The most hilarious thread, containing conspiracy theories of the crashed helicopter. Check out the thread.
www.nairaland.com/1135764/gov-yakowas-helicopter-shot
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2012
TRUTHTELA: Did anyone else notice that in the past week Boko Haram, didn't carry out any bombing?? I thought they slowed down ( repented) or the "negotiation" is going on or they're losing the war, IN HINDSIGHT, they had some BIG TARGETS ( Yakowa & Azazi), hence they channel their resources and scheming on how to get these two gentlemen out of the way. The death of these two guys revealed alot of things, THERE'S A THICK PLOT TO HIT JONATHAN. If Jonathan is " UNHITABLE", these two guys were taken out ahead of 2015 election & their death will weaken Jonathan's camp & their plot.

My own conclusion? Yakowa & Azazi's death was not a mere accident ( THE NORTHERN ELITES, led by the INCUMBENT NSA, Dasuki knows about this), let's assume it is not an accident, the DESPERATION for political power on the side of the Muslim Northerners, are not doing them any favor & will never do them one.

From all indications, things are not looking good in naija, some of these QUESTIONABLE DEATHS plunged SOMALIA, RWANDA etc to a BLOODY CIVIL WAR and Nigeria will not be an exception.

Jonathan, wake up!!!! Keep Northern muslims, Obasanjo & all your enemies where they belong, before its too late for you. THE BATTLE IS ON!

You took the words out of my mind. Just said my whole mind.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by nwabuife: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2012
These men were killed, well planned by expert in killing. They want it to happen out side their territory so dat we won't suspect them. But,We no their handwriting,wat gives dem joy! God is watching
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 18, 2012
TRUTHTELA: Did anyone else notice that in the past week Boko Haram, didn't carry out any bombing?? I thought they slowed down ( repented) or the "negotiation" is going on or they're losing the war, IN HINDSIGHT, they had some BIG TARGETS ( Yakowa & Azazi), hence they channel their resources and scheming on how to get these two gentlemen out of the way. The death of these two guys revealed alot of things, THERE'S A THICK PLOT TO HIT JONATHAN. If Jonathan is " UNHITABLE", these two guys were taken out ahead of 2015 election & their death will weaken Jonathan's camp & their plot.

You took these words out of my mind.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by nuelkaosi(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmhmm.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by ak47com: 9:42am On Dec 18, 2012
Jst wonderin if he meant the captain in command has 800 overall flying hrs or 800 hrs on that particular aircraft. Cos 800 overall flying hrs is rudiculously small for a pilot to become the captain of an helicopter.

1 Like

Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Ikwerefistson: 9:46am On Dec 18, 2012
0lumide: While some fools believed the helicopter was faulty?

wat do u expect wen gej made an hausa muslim d nsa.d banza bokwens hs jst made a very gud move on d ches board atleast dia knite in a strategic position
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by dederocs(m): 9:48am On Dec 18, 2012
Nigerians are gullible fools,is it not the same conspiracy that killed Bola Ige, The Dana Air-crash was shrugged off as just an accident.When will Nigeria hold these criminal leaders responsible for all these deaths.As for me,i do not believe its an accident.Shame on us,for allowing a few greedy bleeps lead us into doom.We should be wise,else these misguided leaders lead us into anarchy.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by jamace(m): 9:48am On Dec 18, 2012
Yes, I said it. This accident is not normal at all. I smell a FAT rat. cry
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Ikwerefistson: 9:49am On Dec 18, 2012

d nxt target mite be gej
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by dederocs(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2012

leave the deluded president,he can't smell the coffee brewing in his kitchen.These Northerners are hypocrites,they smile with you,but behind they plan to cut off your neck.take them out before they hit at you Jonathan.a word is enough for the wise.damn!
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by nduchucks: 10:00am On Dec 18, 2012
supereagle: The Nigerian Navy has explained:

“The aircraft just took off. About two, three minutes from take off when the incident happened. Whatever must have been responsible for the explosion, that Naval Headquarters cannot tell now. We will wait until the investigation board comes out with their finding.

Six persons died in the Saturday crash of the Agusta helicopter in the Bayelsa Creek. They included the governor of Kaduna state, Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa and the former National Security Adviser, Andrew Owoye Azazi, their aides, the pilot and co-pilot.

What an admission!!! I trust my people will remain in denial even after this information.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/648223_rak_jpg3be10a689dcae3eda0158a90666e866e
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by sajawagu: 10:41am On Dec 18, 2012
They were murdered .azzizi for bolo haram and Yakima for change of Barton .all the handwork of Kaduna mafia,if not why the jubilation in Zaria and Tudun Wada area of Kaduna town
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by slimfit1(m): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2012
My first question why are they using military air craft for private use? Someone need to be court marshalled its like the whole force in Nigeria don't no there right and there duties as a matter of fact no body knows what they are doing in Nigeria. The aircraft don't don't even look like a military aircraft in the first place which says a lot of things about Nigeria seriously. The top military officials in Nigeria need help. These officers do need help or more training because to acquire this type of craft shows that you don't truly know your job description at all And they know nothing about management . Apart from a car you should nt have anything too do with such craft because you would nt deployee this kind of aircraft when needed in a war or natural disaster situation.
Re: Crashed Helicopter Well Maintained - Navy by Hailedin9ja: 11:03am On Dec 18, 2012
The Governor's are already calling for 'private investigation'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Critical Look At The Senators That Left Apc Today / Exclusive Picture Of Sowore Released In Custody / Simon Ekpa Appoints Gen Innocent Orji As The Head Of Biafra Armed Forces- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.