Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. (5469 Views)

Photo of a goat tied to a tree roasted alive during weekend's Boko haram attack / The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by fatdon2(m): 10:27am On Dec 18, 2012
The national Christmas tree was initiated by the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) with the aim of showcasing Nigerian culture to the world.

A statement issued by the special adviser on media and publicity to the minister of state for FCT, Oluyinka Akintunde, disclosed that the Christmas tree, which is 20.9 metres high, is located at the Unity Fountain Park beside Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja and designed in the national colours of green and white.

Prominent Nigerians expected to grace the first of its kind ceremony, according to the statement, are, members of the National Assembly, wives of governors, members of the Federal Executive Council, chairmen of Area Councils in the FCT and their wives, heads of ministries, departments and agencies of government, heads of secretariats, departments and agencies of the FCT administration, diplomatic corps and the media, among others.

According to the statement, Minister of State for the FCT, Oloye Olajumoke Akinjide have described the event as part of efforts to showcase Nigeria and the FCT to the world as a centre of tourism.

It reads, "The Christmas time is traditionally recognised and celebrated as a season of peace, goodwill and hope across national boundaries. It also offers us a unique opportunity to reinforce this same message of love, unity, reconciliation and peaceful coexistence.

"It is consequently our anticipation that an annual lighting of the Nigerian National Christmas tree will play a similar unifying role for our people," Akinjide added.
www.m.naij.com/news/17354.html
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by fatdon2(m): 10:40am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by Akshow: 10:48am On Dec 18, 2012
so?
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by sheff(m): 10:55am On Dec 18, 2012
That will give nigerians a little bit of patience christmas I guess

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by RedLight1: 10:57am On Dec 18, 2012
who cares? undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:00am On Dec 18, 2012
Why all the hidden posts is Nairaland now run by govt agents I think all the hidden are posts that are against govt and this waste of money

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by Hailedin9ja: 11:01am On Dec 18, 2012
First public function of late I guess.

Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by obi123: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2012
The national Christmas tree was initiated by the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) with the aim of showcasing Nigerian culture to the world.

what a load of bollocks!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by free2ryhme: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by Willy7(m): 11:03am On Dec 18, 2012
Ok,for those who have been missing her,here she is.No day passes now without getting to hear about her.From wardrope malfunction at a burial ceremony to weeping at d state house,kaduna to lighting christmas tree.Point is,PEJ is back.
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by slimyem: 11:03am On Dec 18, 2012
i hope she won't be required to say something before lighting the tree make the tree nor go fall under the annointing of the gbagauns..cheesygringrincheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by samuelkaykay(m): 11:04am On Dec 18, 2012
EXPECT HIGH LEVEL AND REFINED GRAMMAR.
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by samuelkaykay(m): 11:05am On Dec 18, 2012
Red-Light:
who cares? undecided
I CARE !
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by sesanrota(m): 11:05am On Dec 18, 2012
After crying for Yokowa place......Lighting X-mas tree next agenda.....biz continue
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by slap1(m): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2012
This is a great news! OMG! I can't believe this!
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by mofuflex(m): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2012
How does that put food on the table na̶ђ ??
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by solomon111(m): 11:10am On Dec 18, 2012
Make una free this woman abeg.
Of what use is your grammar,if you can't command millions of naira/dollars.
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by Standing5(m): 11:11am On Dec 18, 2012
People are dying left right and centre and this is all our first can be involved. Can't she go on a pothole fixing spree and fix some 100 potholes along with the weedtree lighting exercise as a way of affecting the masses positively? or fix 100 traffic sign post?
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by BlueMurder(m): 11:12am On Dec 18, 2012
If it were a Muslim-inspired monument, we would have been inundated with delirious shouts of "islamization of Nigeria".

10 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by garrix8: 11:18am On Dec 18, 2012
[size=38pt]
Her husband's brain need lighting up as well.....
[/size] cool cool

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by Otono77: 11:21am On Dec 18, 2012
Wait until they tell una that the christmas tree sef gobbled 50 Million Naira! cry
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by GeneralGaricks: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2012
Prepare for the fireworks.

***Dusting my dictionary****
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by billynoni(m): 11:27am On Dec 18, 2012
After d lighting....d xmas tree will be under d annoiting of grammar gbagauns,therefore any1 dat sees d tree will be sayin 'christmas merry' instead 'merry christmas' grin

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by ba7man(m): 11:37am On Dec 18, 2012
Kini big deal?? Plug the tree into the power outlet, press the on-switch, tree lights up, people cheer, make a couple of Christmas related gbagauns,wave, shake hands with butt kissers, enter convoy, zoom off.
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by Teejayphillip(m): 11:43am On Dec 18, 2012
Zo because of her lightening d xmas tree,make i no chop my rice n chicken....

I laff dem pieces... Only God knows ow much BILLIONS wil ave gone on dat again
Re: Patience Jonathan To Light National Christmas Tree In Abuja. by ffo(m): 11:59am On Dec 18, 2012
This post has been hidden

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bauchi New governor Appoints Wife And Younger Sister In Key Position / Vivian Gist And Her Dead cousin ( The Full Story ) / Niger Delta Avengers List Out Terms And Condition For Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.