Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,243 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Do Not Buy An Hp Pavillion. If You Do So U Do At Your Own Peril - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Do Not Buy An Hp Pavillion. If You Do So U Do At Your Own Peril (1252 Views)

Whats The Value Of An Hp Elitebook 8530p (core 2 Duo -webcam-fingerprint-bluet) / An Hp Compaq Nc6230 Laptops Is For Sale N15k (motherboard Problem) / An Hp Nc6000 Board Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Buy An Hp Pavillion. If You Do So U Do At Your Own Peril by dukefama: 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2008
Hi all,
On the above subject matter please do not ever think of buying HP Pavilion, I just got to HP office this morning and I was told they do not support it here in Nigeria. Spend your hard earn income on other models. It is only supported in North America. Please, be warned and don't think you will not have issues with them.
Re: Do Not Buy An Hp Pavillion. If You Do So U Do At Your Own Peril by hayprof(m): 4:10am On Feb 24, 2008
lol, u dnt knw wot u av got.
Re: Do Not Buy An Hp Pavillion. If You Do So U Do At Your Own Peril by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 25, 2008
how many laptop models do you think are supported in nigeria?

we may as well buy low spec crapware laptops if its support we are looking for. instead of going on about HP support, post your problem in the computers section. someone may be able to help you.

you can take your laptop to Kavex computers in pc village. they sell pavilions, and th

warning: make sure you STAY with whoever is repairing your laptop. . .otherwise. . .
Re: Do Not Buy An Hp Pavillion. If You Do So U Do At Your Own Peril by earthrealm(m): 8:22am On Mar 12, 2008
newbie,
Re: Do Not Buy An Hp Pavillion. If You Do So U Do At Your Own Peril by internek: 7:34am On Apr 11, 2008
Duke, first of all - HELLO EVERYONE!

You are right HP does not support their products in the market it was not manufactured for. Most companies DO NOT.
For example, if you bought a laptop/notebook that was manufactured for the U.S market (usually the SKU ends with US), for that product to be supported by warranty, or non-warranty support, it has to be brought back to the U.S (not realistic - of course would be too expensive).

On the contrary, since most of the U.S/European companies have a Middle East/Africa market, if you purchase one made for that market they should support it. The fact is that most people in Nigeria/Africa usually, are interested in the U.S Specs because it comes fully loaded with the latest technology - and this is a great thing. Its a great thing because it opens lots of doors for techies to make a living off of.

My case in point is that most people are concentrating in purchasing/selling of this high tech gadgets, and less folks are doing any independent repair/support type business. A couple of years from now, when those pieces are old and start breaking - there will be huge demand for techies.

With that being said, I continue to ship to Nigeria as there is demand. Checkout our online store - www.electrovasion.com

Good Luck!
Re: Do Not Buy An Hp Pavillion. If You Do So U Do At Your Own Peril by blacklion(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2008
i'd appreciate more info on kavex computers e.g. their street address, phone numbers etc. i have an hp pavilion 6000 series purchased abroad a few months back. its not giving any trouble but i just want to know where i can get support if need be

(1) (Reply)

Samsung-i900-omnia With International Sim For Free Browsing: "RESERVED" / Sony Ericsson Satio For Sale: Pick Up Only@lagos / The World's Cheapest Tablet Computer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.