Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Gay Crime: Man Arrested In Younda Cameroun For Sending ‘i Love You’ SMS To A Fel - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gay Crime: Man Arrested In Younda Cameroun For Sending ‘i Love You’ SMS To A Fel (496 Views)

Do You Remember Sending Files Like This ( Photo) / 300 Boko Haram Fighters Surrender In Cameroun. / It's Not A Crime To Be Ugly And We Ugly Girls Need Some Love! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gay Crime: Man Arrested In Younda Cameroun For Sending ‘i Love You’ SMS To A Fel by TeenageMoney(m): 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2012
Yaounde – A court in Cameroon has upheld a conviction against a man found guilty of homosexual conduct last year for sending a text message to another man saying: “I’m very much in love with you.”

The Court of Appeal ruled early on Monday that Jean-Claude Roger Mbede, 32, must serve out his three-year jail term. He was provisionally released on bail in July after spending a year and a half behind bars.

Mbede told The Associated Press he’s not sure hecan put up with the anti-gay attacks and harassment he faced from fellow inmatesand prison authorities. Gay rights activists say the upheld sentence marks yet another setback for gays and lesbians in Cameroon, widely viewed as the most repressive in Africa when it comes to prosecuting same-sex couples.

http://.com/2012/12/gay-crime-man-arrested-in-younda.html

(1) (Reply)

56m Nigerian Adults Have Never Had Bank Accounts, Transactions – Survey / If You Had An Opportunity To Box Someone today Who Would That Be?? / Why Is It That Women Go More Naked Than Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.