Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

How Did You Learn To Drive??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Did You Learn To Drive??? (1978 Views)

Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully / Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Learn To Drive??? by boxerss: 12:54am On Dec 19, 2012
Believe it or not 95percent of the road/traffic hazards seen in Nigerian roads are solely caused by lack of good driving foundation. Nigerians dont believe in "driving schools" and majority of nigerian road user do not understand or even notice the simplest road sign talkless of obeying them. for instance, i started driving my dads car when i was 19yrs old. i drove for 13years without even noticing any traffic sign or care about any but yet i could drive to any part of the country at ease. Not until 3yrs back when i suddenly decided to take up a driving lesson that it dawned on me why nigerians are so so frustrated on our roads.
please my fellow NLers share with us how u learnt driving!
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by KingSolomonI: 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
Believe it or not, i learnt driving by observing people drive....Especially when i am seated in the front seat...then the first day i moved the car, i started with reverse and scratched the car by the garage door...after then,the confidence took over and till date i drive wella.
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
King Solomon I: Believe it or not, i learnt driving by observing people drive....Especially when i am seated in the front seat...then the first day i moved the car, i started with reverse and scratched the car by the garage door...after then,the confidence took over and till date i drive wella.

Same here. I've always been adventurous - a DIY person.
I never used the L sign even for 1 second neither was i formally taught.

Another interesting thing is that in my 15yrs of driving i have never hit another car but i've scratched objects.
I've scratched gates, walls etc. Funny enough i've been hit half a dozen times by others and the last one was so severe the car was never the same again after repairs.
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by DisGuy: 9:50pm On Dec 20, 2012
I paid through my nose winter, summer

failed four bloody times!!
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ah! I drove on Lagos-Ibadan expressway the very next day I got my car (never driven before), was so scary but once I got to Berger I was wtf?! So easy? On going home I drove like I have been in the business for years and the confidence and the 'skill' stuck! Though I had the bumper peeled off by another car and drove into a drainage that same day LOL!
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by boxerss: 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2012
Dis Guy: I paid through my nose winter, summer

failed four bloody times!!

lol
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by boxerss: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
King Solomon I: Believe it or not, i learnt driving by observing people drive....Especially when i am seated in the front seat...then the first day i moved the car, i started with reverse and scratched the car by the garage door...after then,the confidence took over and till date i drive wella.

bros believe it or not you have been making too many traffic blonders without even knowing....i thought i drive wella too until i got traffic lesson
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by shepherdO: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
Brotherly,I bashed my n'bour's car. Was pressurizd 2 pay 4 d damag evn though I was unemployd bt GOD willing, dat led me 2 a job wit 25K salary jst 2 pay my debt bt surprisingly I got married dt same yr n had my first ride. Na GOD O! Bt now, if U b car, I go drain all Ur fuel wit overspeedin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by shepherdO: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
Wt speed n no single scratch evn on my second ride, An envy in my area,,,,,,U no now borrow me! borrow me! borrow me! I tire
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by bigx(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
I've no idea what they do in driving schools, picked the car keys and hit the road, 2 miles an hour, then, 10, then 30. Been driving for roughly 10 years (& I love speed) but no accidents till date.
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by DisGuy: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
^^ auto?
Re: How Did You Learn To Drive??? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
I've been driving since I was 16 but I first got serious lessons at age 14.
I was taught by my parents (automatic) and older brother (*stick shift).

*[size=5pt]still have more to learn.[/size] tongue

(1) (Reply)

I've Been Accussed And I Apologise! !! Please Join In The Birthday Giveaway / Can I Replace My Manual Injector Engine With An Automatic One? / How Durable And Fuel Efficient Is An Acura SUV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.