Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How Will You Feel If Your Wife Is More RICHER Than YOU? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You Feel If Your Wife Is More RICHER Than YOU? (1095 Views)

"My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will You Feel If Your Wife Is More RICHER Than YOU? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:12am On Dec 19, 2012
How will you feel if your wife is more richer than you?
Will there be submission at home?
Man earns N50K while wife earns N250K monthly.
Man gets salary but woman runs exclusive business enterprises.
Man teacher wife Vice Chairman LG.
Man owns phone shop and wife level 12 as civil servant.
This and many more are experiences of men out there. Money they say is the root of pride. How will you fill in this case? I heard a man said he will go to any lenght to ensure his wife does not get richer more than him! I dont know what he meant by any lenght.
Can you advise him pls. Or what is your own experience?
Lets share thought
Re: How Will You Feel If Your Wife Is More RICHER Than YOU? by Techwriter: 6:50am On Dec 19, 2012
It all boils down to understanding. Adam did not need to fly or swim in order to have dominion over other animals that do. If you really understand and practice your God-given role as head of the family and you married a woman who is subject to God's word, then that wouldn't be a problem. But if your basis of attraction or subduction is material: determining what she gets or looses, when she becomes or richer she will feel superior. Or worst still if you married her becos of her money, sorry.

Your role as a man is to love your wife, ones that is done, your wife will naturally submit to you so money or no money is not an issue. I have seen people divorce for lack of money and others for too much of it that suddenly came. Its all a mindset and spiritual upbringing

1 Like

Re: How Will You Feel If Your Wife Is More RICHER Than YOU? by Tsmooth1(m): 7:31am On Dec 19, 2012
God forbid! I would just... I wld just... Divorce her.

Re: How Will You Feel If Your Wife Is More RICHER Than YOU? by Mynd44: 7:34am On Dec 19, 2012
If my wife earns more than me, that is not a problem as long as we are both matured and can manage our egos
Re: How Will You Feel If Your Wife Is More RICHER Than YOU? by greatgod2012(f): 11:24am On Dec 19, 2012
Its not about being richer, its about d type of d woman involved in d marriage. The fact is that not until a person is rich that u will know (if u are very observant) if d person is arrogant or not.
In a normal marriage, 1+1=1, none of d partner is richer not poorer, everything owned should be to d betterment and development of d family.
For those who decided to separate their resouces, it shouldnt be a problem if d wife is richer, afterall, its going to be a relief for d man, because, women tends to have more love and passion for their children, so, when a woman is richer, definately, d man of d house will be relieved of some responsibilities. But that does not mean d man should not be alert to his responsibilities, infact, when a man loves his wife and he is always alive to his responsibilities, based on his capability, no woman will disrespect such a man, except d woman has mental problem.
For d woman, if a wife is richer than d hubby, that should not be an excuse for her to be arrogant to her hubby, if she is a good wife.

All in all, God has already specified it in his word............ Husbands, love your wives,..........wives, submit to your husbands....submission here means......accepting his headship, so even, if d wife is richer, that does not rule out the fact that d man is still d head of d family. So, to d husbands, when you love your wives, you get their submission, everybody loves being loved, there is no sane person that will be shown genuine love, and he/she will not want to reciprocate.
May God help us all.....amen.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Feel If Your Wife Is More RICHER Than YOU? by dlight1(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2012
I don't wish or pray for such a thing o but nevertheless if it happens it's no big deal provided she still respect and honour me as her husband not being puffed up because of her financial status. It might not even be so evident if she is exceptionally humble, but I must confess cases like this make men lose their authority over the family and it can sometimes be socially frustrating but anyway understanding among the couples is the most important thing

(1) (Reply)

Please What Can We Do To Stop My Friend Boy Friend To Stop Beating Her / Date Räpe Drug Indicator / Man Purchased A Nigerian As Son's Playmate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.