Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop (914 Views)

Hibernating Or Logging Out: Which Is Preferable? / Fairly Used Pentium M Laptop Needed (cheap) / What Is The Different Between Pentium 4 And Pentium M Motherboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 19, 2012
My system runs on window xp. To improve the appearance of the themes I had to install windows vistas inspirat. Things have been going smonthly except for yesterday.
I installed avast antivirus to get rid of the viruses in the system. In the course of installation, I was prompted to restart the system for complete scanning. This I accepted. After the scan was completed, and the system finished rebooting, a command with the inscription of windows vistas popped up, demanding I supply a password to my username. The only place I used any password was at the hp centrino page, immediately after starting the computer. I don't use any password beyond this area. I even tried logging on safe mode but the password vistas page still appeared.
Please what do I do?
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by cdz: 11:45am On Dec 19, 2012
You may have to boot your system from a bootable windows xp cd and reinstall your operating system. I suspect that the software enhancement you made requires a licence which you don't have. You have to be careful with Microsoft software. Microsoft is fighting software piracy and illegal use in Africa viciously.

Reinstalling your opreating system won't harm your data. But don't format while reinstalling. Just reinstall the OS.
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2012
cdz: You may have to boot your system from a bootable windows xp cd and reinstall your operating system. I suspect that the software enhancement you made requires a licence which you don't have. You have to be careful with Microsoft software. Microsoft is fighting software piracy and illegal use in Africa viciously.

Reinstalling your opreating system won't harm your data. But don't format while reinstalling. Just reinstall the OS.
thank you. Another problem is that my Disk drive is faulty. I'm thinking if there is any default password that can be used.
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by cdz: 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
Your disc drive being faulty shouldn't be a problem. You can use an external USB disc drive. I wonder, did you try using the esc key when the password prompt came up. Sometimes this gets rid of the prompt. I'm not aware of any default password that may be used.
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 19, 2012
cdz: Your disc drive being faulty shouldn't be a problem. You can use an external USB disc drive. I wonder, did you try using the esc key when the password prompt came up. Sometimes this gets rid of the prompt. I'm not aware of any default password that may be used.
thank you very much. I thought so, only that I have the service pack in cd only. Thank you. Do you know how safe and possible it is to remove the hard drive into another system to extract the files I need? I need these files urgently. If it is possible, I can do that for now, and format the entire system later.
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
Please somebody should say something
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: Please somebody should say something
If the data's that important, get a hard disk casing for the hard disk. It would work just like an external hdd.
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 19, 2012
musKeeto:
If the data's that important, get a hard disk casing for the hard disk. It would work just like an external hdd.
Hard disk casing. Will it help me bypass the password?
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 20, 2012
Reyginus: Hard disk casing. Will it help me bypass the password?
Yeah. You would have access to the files on the hard disk. The password shows up because it's a part of the operating system. Plug out the hard disk, put in a hard disk enclosure (make sure you get the right one), then plug it into a usb port on another pc..

Good luck.. smiley
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2012
musKeeto:
Yeah. You would have access to the files on the hard disk. The password shows up because it's a part of the operating system. Plug out the hard disk, put in a hard disk enclosure (make sure you get the right one), then plug it into a usb port on another pc..

Good luck.. smiley
Thank you. But how do I locate the hard disk? Any description?
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 24, 2012

Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 24, 2012
Lol. Just noticed this. No vex.

The location of the hard disk will be dependent on your laptop model. I'd advise you take it to a professional if you're not too tech savvy.

Or you could post pictures cheesy

Laptop opened at owner's risk sha..
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 25, 2012
musKeeto: Lol. Just noticed this. No vex.

The location of the hard disk will be dependent on your laptop model. I'd advise you take it to a professional if you're not too tech savvy.

Or you could post pictures cheesy

Laptop opened at owner's risk sha..
Lol. Thanks. I did it myself. Since friday. Only that I'm yet to find a perfect hard-disk case match.
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
Solved.
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
Reyginus: Solved.
Yayyy...
Re: Please I Need Help Logging To My Pentium M Laptop by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2012
musKeeto:
Yayyy...
Pop palm wine.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Recommend A Computer To A Graphic And Website Designer / Affordabe Laptops / How Do I Use My Monitor As Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.