Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:30 AM

Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections (819 Views)

Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome / Youth Leaders To Jonathan: Don’t Contest 2015 Election / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by Idokojimmy: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2012
The saying that old soldier never dies appears to be finding practical manifestation in the life of Buhari as info making rounds suggest that the Rtd. Gen. may again test his political popularity in 2015. Although Buhari just celebrated his 70th birthday, he will be 73 by 2015, a development that leaves many with the question of his suitability, capacity, and ability to steer the ship of the nation.
Mallam Nasir Elrufai who once told nigerians that the Rtd Gen remains perpetually unelectable is at the forefront of this campaign. NL, are Youths truly the leaders of tommorrow.

Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by PrettyRita(f): 11:53am On Dec 19, 2012
First to comment.
The man wants to die in the presidency. Me think that is his wish grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
And Elrufai is busy fanning the unrealistic dream. How does he intend to lead the country into prosperity?
The only appointment he would have enjoyed(Boko Haram Appointment) he turned it down. We can't help him, me too need power.
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by AbdulAdam56(m): 11:53am On Dec 19, 2012
I luv dis soldier buhari,him nd olusegun obasanjo
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by slimming: 11:54am On Dec 19, 2012
from twitter page
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by takedat(m): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
@Op so what is the fuss for? El Rufai is a loyal CPC member and its only normal to root for his leader. You people keep lambasting men like El Rufai and Melaye but your day is never complete without their tweets. Yeye dey Smell
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by ben4ever(m): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
i thought he said it was his last time in 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by GARRIx7(m): 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
I don't think El-Rufai meant Buhari was gonna contest in 2015. Whatever the case, we are watching......
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by Idokojimmy: 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2012
take dat: @Op so what is the fuss for? El Rufai is a loyal CPC member and its only normal to root for his leader. You people keep lambasting men like El Rufai and Melaye but your day is never complete without their tweets. Yeye dey Smell.
Good question. This has the mandate of exposing the inconsistency, and irrational crave for power. Before the 2011 elections, Elrufai publicly declared that Buhari is perpetually unelectable, predicating his argument on age, failure in his handling of national issues and assignment and his irreparably dictatorial character.
After the 2011 elections, Gen. Buhari told us that he has closed his political ambition, but may support younger politicians in subsequent elections. Now Elrufai is wishing him well as he leads this country to..... TO WHERE? GRAVE? People with negative chameleonic tendencies, are not worthy to be sent to ASO ROCK.
Can't youths become president? I suspect you are an old man.
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by takedat(m): 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2012
Idokojimmy:
Good question. This has the mandate of exposing the inconsistency, and irrational crave for power. Before the 2011 elections, Elrufai publicly declared that Buhari is perpetually unelectable, predicating his argument on age, failure in his handling of national issues and assignment and his irreparably dictatorial character.
After the 2011 elections, Gen. Buhari told us that he has closed his political ambition, but may support younger politicians in subsequent elections. Now Elrufai is wishing him well as he leads this country to..... TO WHERE? GRAVE? People with negative chameleonic tendencies, are not worthy to be sent to ASO ROCK.
Most politicians have been known to make pronouncement only to back track. GEJ was a signatory to the rotational policy of PDP only to rescind later.
El Rufai tweeted this in his personal capacity and I doubt if he is the spokes person of CPC or Buhari. Youths will become President when the quasi intellectuals among us stop being butt lickers of corrupt politicians.
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by truth4meal(m): 12:47pm On Dec 19, 2012
Idokojimmy:
see i think this should help you understand that we as human are prone to error of judgement. if El-Rufai says Buhari is 'perpetually unelectable" before the 2011 elections it might be that with the available knowledge then he believes in his assertion - but with recent knowledge of Buhari he has every right to say otherwise. Most Nigerians called Jonathan the saviour during the 2011 election but will you say we have "negative chameleonic tendencies" because his clueless and ignorant policies gave us palatial knowledge of his ineptitude which inversely make us say otherwise? Am sure you know how Nigerians praise Mr Integrity, Farcrook Lawan before he messed up; will you say we don't have a right to see something differently if we have fresh fact or knowledge about someone or something?
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by truth4meal(m): 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
Idokojimmy:
youth like GEJ?
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by Idokojimmy: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
take dat: Most politicians have been known to make pronouncement only to back track. GEJ was a signatory to the rotational policy of PDP only to rescind later.
El Rufai tweeted this in his personal capacity and I doubt if he is the spokes person of CPC or Buhari. Youths will become President when the quasi intellectuals among us stop being butt lickers of corrupt politicians, a large number of youths are part of the cultic broth holding us down!
I think documented policies that are inimical to the growth of the nation differ from candid opinion about a person's character, his potentials, or credentials. Moreover, I'm yet to know if the rotational policy you are referring to finds reflection in the party's constitution. Lol I'm sure it was an informal arrangement, like beer parlor gist.
If my understanding of your second position is correct, then you need to be out of this platform. To me, we have young and intelligent minds that can place this country on the path of greatness. This platform has revealed so many. If few youths in your neighborhood are this quasi intellectuals, then generalizing same will be an injustice to majority that know their right, the problem of the country and have painstakingly come up with solutions to it.
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by Idokojimmy: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
truth4meal: youth like GEJ?
Youths like me
Re: Gen. Buhari To Contest 2015 Elections by Idokojimmy: 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2012
truth4meal: see i think this should help you understand that we as human are prone to error of judgement. if El-Rufai says Buhari is 'perpetually unelectable" before the 2011 elections it might be that with the available knowledge then he believes in his assertion - but with recent knowledge of Buhari he has every right to say otherwise. Most Nigerians called Jonathan the saviour during the 2011 election but will you say we have "negative chameleonic tendencies" because his clueless and ignorant policies gave us palatial knowledge of his ineptitude which inversely make us say otherwise? Am sure you know how Nigerians praise Mr Integrity, Farcrook Lawan before he messed up; will you say we don't have a right to see something differently if we have fresh fact or knowledge about someone or something?
Are the said fresh facts new behavioral/character traits or actions buried in history? Farouk Lawan was seen as Integrity personified until he was exposed. It was his subsequent actions that exposed him, not his antecedents.
Elrufai's declaration that your Buhari remains unelectable was based on facts, has the Gen changed his ways? Is he behaving differently now? If yes, the same man that told us about him then, should come and tell us that he has changed, maybe that way, he might win more votes.

(1) (Reply)

FUNNY : Osun Orders Owners Of Arrested 5 Goats To Pay N10,000 Fine Each / Osita Nebo Is Nigeria’s New Power Minister / 2015: Bad News For Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.