Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated (5962 Views)

Where Are The Pastors, And Evangelist? Provide An Answer To These. / Does A "Faith Healer" Heal With The Same Power As Jesus Did On Earth? / My Visit To Heaven- Maurice Sklar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by therationa(m): 12:40am On Feb 19, 2008
Does Maurice Cerullo (or God) really heal? Watch him (Him) at work in the attached video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4l_r_JnH8

Enjoy
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by simmy(m): 10:20am On Feb 19, 2008
guy what do u have against xtianity?
we all know many false prophets exist but it doesnt mean anything
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by therationa(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2008
Am just hoping someone will be saved from the likes of Cerullo, Hinn, Oral Roberts, Swaggard etc. And sure enough, I am an advocate for scientific rationalism. I think religion (xianity and all religions) poses a threat to our civilisation.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by zukkie4eva(f): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2008
quote author=therationa link=topic=113871.msg1971587#msg1971587 date=1203413729]
Am just hoping someone will be saved from the likes of Cerullo, Hinn, Oral Roberts, Swaggard etc. And sure enough, I am an advocate for scientific rationalism. I think religion (xianity and all religions) poses a threat to our civilisation.
[quote][/quote]

Don't worry, those of us who BELIEVE in the work God is doing thru them dont need to be saved. Its those dat dont believe dat need to be saved from ignorance!!

Some pple never believe in divine healing until they need one themselves. . . shocked
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by oloriooko(m): 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2008
Am just hoping someone will be saved from the likes of Cerullo, Hinn, Oral Roberts, Swaggard etc.
Bros save yourself first, the others can take care of themselves.
These guys you mentioned are not the problem, if you have a personal grudge against them, thats you cup of tea.
You have not been appointed to decide if they are good or bad so back off.
nd sure enough, I am an advocate for scientific rationalism
No wonder you dey vex with these people.
I think religion (xianity and all religions) poses a threat to our civilisation.
I agree with you to an extent though
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by cgift(m): 11:04am On Feb 20, 2008
therationa:

Please tell me in your own words what you mean by that statement in bold. I think it lacks merit. I want to know how!
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 20, 2008
therationa:

@therationa
Scientific rationalism should be able to stand on its own as a complete system. If it has to survive by bashing the belief systems of other people, then it is a weak system and also a threat to our civilization.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by therationa(m): 11:15am On Feb 20, 2008
imhotep:

@therationa
Scientific rationalism should be able to stand on its own as a complete system. If it has to survive by bashing the belief systems of other people, then it is a weak system and also a threat to our civilization.

Astronomy has triumphed over astrology as a way of understanding the cosmos. Today, you do not consult astrologer to determine the nature of stars in the cosmos.

Religion will eventually go the way of astrology.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 20, 2008
therationa:

Astronomy has triumphed over astrology as a way of understanding the cosmos. Today, you do not consult astrologer to determine the nature of stars in the cosmos.

Religion will eventually go the way of astrology.

@therationa

Now you sound like a communist. Communists believed that religion is the opium of the people. Communist states are atheistic.

Stalin headed communist Russia and is responsible for at least 20 million murders and the physicial destruction of over 3000 church buildings. This should also count as one of the achievements of rationality.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by therationa(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2008
imhotep:

@therationa

Now you sound like a communist. Communists believed that religion is the opium of the people. Communist states are atheistic.

Stalin headed communist Russia and is responsible for at least 20 million murders and the physicial destruction of over 3000 church buildings. This should also count as one of the achievements of rationality.

Back to your old tactic again. Look at the title of this thread and let's discuss on topic. Otherwise, am out.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2008
therationa:

Back to your old tactic again. Look at the title of this thread and let's discuss on topic. Otherwise, am out.

@therationa
Stop running away, face the music you started for once!!!!

Your friend bawomol(o) will say you are copping out.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by therationa(m): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2008
If you want to talk on this thread, lets talk on topic, please, please, please. There's a separate thread for the other stuff.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 20, 2008
therationa:

If you want to talk on this thread, lets talk on topic, please, please, please. There's a separate thread for the other stuff.

@therationa
You always fail to see the link ->

1) Rationalism is "any view appealing to reason as a source of knowledge or justification"
2) Atheism is based on rationalism
3) Communism is based on atheism (among other things)
4) Stalin was a communist
5) Over 3000 church buildings were demolished during the Russian revolution
5) Stalin murdered at least 20 million of his country men

So, all rationalists [b]must [/b]claim Stalin as their elder brother and communist Russia as a [i]beautiful [/i]example of a state run on reason alone.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by therationa(m): 11:37am On Feb 20, 2008
imhotep:

@therationa

1) Rationalism is "any view appealing to reason as a source of knowledge or justification"

So, all rationalists [b]must [/b]claim Stalin as their elder brother and communist Russia as a [i]beautiful [/i]example of a state run on reason alone.

Since you do not understand, I will start a separate thread, just so we can talk about Reason, Rationalism and faith. Please, leave this thread alone for discussion about faith healing and Cerullo
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 20, 2008
therationa:

Since you do not understand, I will start a separate thread, just so we can talk about Reason, Rationalism and faith. Please, leave this thread alone for discussion about faith healing and Cerullo

@therationa
You will be all alone on whatever new thread you are starting. Instead of tackling the core of issues, you are distracted by particular instances.

BTW, do you think you are better than all these people you are lampooning
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 20, 2008
@therationa

Scientific rationalism does not believe in the supernatural.

Now, you are trying to use the methods of[i] scientific rationalism[/i] to investigate the supernatural.

Can you see the tight corner you have gotten yourself into?
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by therationa(m): 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
imhotep:

@therationa
You will be all alone on whatever new thread you are starting. Instead of tackling the core of issues, you are distracted by particular instances.

BTW, do you think you are better than all these people you are lampooning

I did not make a claim of superiority over these people, or any one else. I am simply saying, let's examine what they are claiming to be able to do. Why is their evidence?

I have started a new thread to discuss you favorite subject, since you want to bash rationalism
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 20, 2008
therationa:

I did not make a claim of superiority over these people, or any one else. I am simply saying, let's examine what they are claiming to be able to do. Why is their evidence?
@therationa
Since your rationality does not believe in the supernatural, it should[b] remain silent [/b]about the supernatural.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by therationa(m): 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2008
imhotep:

@therationa
Since your rationality does not believe in the supernatural, it should[b] remain silent [/b]about the supernatural.

OK, let's talk about this on the other thread.

BTW, I submitted an article about the prophecy of the virgin birth for your review. I am still awaiting your response. Have you reviewed it yet?
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by matrim: 11:08pm On Aug 20, 2009
[Am just hoping someone will be saved from the likes of Cerullo, Hinn, Oral Roberts, Swaggard etc. And sure enough, I am an advocate for scientific rationalism. I think religion (xianity and all religions) poses a threat to our civilisation[quote][/quote]

@ therationa you seem to forget that our "civilization"is based on christianity.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by huxley(m): 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2009
matrim:

[Am just hoping someone will be saved from the likes of Cerullo, Hinn, Oral Roberts, Swaggard etc. And sure enough, I am an advocate for scientific rationalism. I think religion (xianity and all religions) poses a threat to our civilisation

@ therationa you seem to forget that our "civilization"is based on christianity.

There is absolutely no doubt that our current civilizaion has been impacted by Christian thought, but this has been a mixed bag.  On the one hand Christian ideas have impeded progress (like causing multiple wars, crusade, book burning, wicthhunts, persecutions, burning of libraries, etc, etc). On the other hand, Christian scholastic instiutions have created environments for some thinkers and scholars to thrive.

But the major impact to modern civilization come from he enlightenment thinkers and from the advocates of the scientific method, many of whom were lukewarm about christianity.

Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by matrim: 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2009
@huxley
at the risk of contradicting myself i don't think "multiple wars, crusade, book burning, wicthhunts, persecutions, burning of libraries"can be said to be christian ideas if you consider christianity to be a way of life patterned on that of christ
all these actions were taken by a political system and those who corrupted the original christian ideals but the true ideals which Christ showed forth-love for neighbours,turning the other cheek, respect for authority and a life void of offence toward God and man hardly seem to be a danger to me.
Re: Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated by jayriginal: 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2012
imhotep:

@therationa

Poor logic.

imhotep:

@therationa

So, all rationalists [b]must [/b]claim Stalin as their elder brother and communist Russia as a beautiful [/i]example of a state run on reason alone.
More poor logic.
Open another thread to discuss this. Do not worry that the thread will be empty. Open it first and responses will come.
imhotep:

@therationa

Scientific rationalism does not believe in the supernatural.

Now, you are trying to use the methods of[i] scientific rationalism
to investigate the supernatural.

Can you see the tight corner you have gotten yourself into?

imhotep:

@therationa
The so called "tight corner" is only imaginary.
If someone says he does not believe in the supernatural and you proclaim some occurrence as supernatural, one cannot disprove claims of being supernatural by being quiet. Rather, careful inquiry may show the supposed occurrence to be completely natural indeed.
In making your above argument, you are assuming that which you argue. Its a form of circular reasoning. Just because people call it supernatural does not mean it is.
Ironically, it is in your best interest to have a supposedly supernatural occurrence investigated by the so called rational mind.

(1) (Reply)

Lucifer Was A Choir Master / The Members Of Rccg,mfm,cac,catholic,deeperlife,ccc E.t.c Should Stop Doing This / You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.