Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,229 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Reactions After The Glo CAF Awards - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reactions After The Glo CAF Awards (506 Views)

South Africans Reactions After Keshi "Resignation" / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reactions After The Glo CAF Awards by Napolitano(m): 8:37am On Dec 21, 2012
An excited Yaya Toure.
"I have a lot of emotion," he said after climbing the stage to accept the award. “I think this night is so special for me. I thought this year was tough. I knew it was going to be a huge fight to be at the top. To be a winner twice is just wonderful and l am honoured to get this award again. This win is for the people of Cote d’ Ivoire and for the Ivoirian national team and l hope it will galvanise us to do well at AFCON 2013 next month”

Didier Drogba
"After coming second in the 2012 African Player of the Year the Shanghai Shenhua striker said
I am happy for Yaya Toure to win tonight and he deserves it. I knew it was going to be a close call with all three nominees but Yaya has maintained his consistency over the last two years and is a worthy winner of the award. Being in competition against Yaya and Alex was for me very difficult but for me, I don't mind if Yaya wins. I'm very proud of his achievements."

Herve Renerd: 2012 Coach of the Year:
“This is great indeed and first of all l am grateful to Football Association of Zambia president, Kalusha Bwalya and l am happy that the achievements of the Zambian team have been honoured. A big thank you to Claude Leroy who in 2007 first took me to Africa. I hope this great year of football for Zambia continues”

Anonman Genoveva: 2012 Women African player of the Year
“I am very pleased with the two top awards for Equatorial Guinea tonight. I hope these will encourage other female players to work hard and be disciplined. I think this year our team was outstanding and we will look at this year with fond memories and that which we achieved. Tonight is the most important moment in my playing career so far and l am honoured to receive this award”

Kalusha Bwalya: The FAZ president on receiving the National Team of the Year 2012 on behalf of Zambia
“Zambia feels very honoured to win this award and that means the bar has been raised even higher. The Football Association of Zambia is pleased and satisfied with what the national team has done. We will be ready for next month’s Africa Cup of Nations and would like to defend our title. We went to Gabon and Equatorial Guinea with a good team and good coach and what you see here is a very happy for player and president of FAZ who wants this good work to carry on.”

http://www.sportinferno.com/article/50/2012-glo-caf-awards/

1 Like

Re: Reactions After The Glo CAF Awards by Napolitano(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2012
Drogba's speech was just a facade. He was highly dissapointed he wasn't merited as the winner

(1) (Reply)

Kenneth Omeruo, Brown Ideye, Bright Dike & Uche Kalu Arrive Eagles Camp / Sailing - Francois Gabart Wins Vendee Globe In Record Time / Congrats To Nigeria But Don't Celebrate Too Much: -emmanuel Eboue-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.