Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End (11483 Views)

Amazing: Psy's "Gangnam Style" Reaches Maximum Number For Youtube Views Counter. / P-Square's Personally Surpasses 3Million Youtube Views In 8 weeks / Dammy Krane – Condom Sir (Gangnam Style Cover) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by adewasco2k(m): 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
Today is December 21, 2012. It’s the conclusion of b’ak’tun, the last day of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. According to Olmec and later Mayan traditions, today marks the last day of Fourth World Age, and thus associated with the apocalypse. But we are still here. As of this post’s writing, the world has not ended.

In other news, Gangnam Style just became the first YouTube video to have more than 1,000,000,000 views.
At this point Gangnam Style is utterly ingrained in Internet culture. It’s spawned countless memes and parodies. There are now Gangnam Style merchandise, apps and gear. You don’t hit 1 billion views without becoming a thing.

PSY’s lack of stance on copyrights has led greatly to the video’s success but it doesn’t bring in the cash. That comes from PSY’s commercial deals, YouTube ads, and iTunes says. The AP reported in early December that PSY is said to make $8.1 million this year alone. Not a bad haul for a video that’s only 6 months old.

The video made its YouTube debut on July 15 and surpassed Bieber’s “Baby” video in November– which had a nice run at the top of YouTube’s charts since its debut in February 2010. At least Bieber’s corporate parents won’t be too unhappy about this development: since September, PSY and Bieber work for the same music label.

The Olmecs and Mayans weren’t the only ones to forecast the end of the current age of life. Others, like Nostradamus, were less specific but predicted the world would end once certain conditions were met. Looks like he was wrong, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0&list=PLEC422D53B7588DC7&index=9

Source

1 Like

Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Shaw007(m): 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2012
HaHahaha . . .In psy's vOice

"Oppan gangnam stYle,ohm ho oh ,oppan gangnam styLe . . .heeeeeyyyy....sexY Layday"

GOod 4 him man,GOod 4 hIm . . .a LoveLy record . . . Jb shud be haPPy 4 him 2gringrin

meanwhIle,op . . .the day is nOt yet over,dnt be so quick 2 concLudecheesy
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by adewasco2k(m): 9:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
Shaw007: HaHahaha . . .In psy's vOice

"Oppan gangnam stYle,ohm ho oh ,oppan gangnam styLe . . .heeeeeyyyy....sexY Layday"

GOod 4 him man,GOod 4 hIm . . .a LoveLy record . . . Jb shud be haPPy 4 him 2gringrin

meanwhIle,op . . .the day is nOt yet over,dnt be so quick 2 concLudecheesy
grin grin
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by DonColz(m): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
Thats good.. Clap for yourself!!!

Third to commentcheesy
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by lafuria1(m): 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
not suprising, dont like it though. the more people talk about it, the more youtube views it will get.....it surely gonna hit 1.5B by next year december.
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by k2039: 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
The man who died dancing Gangnam must have contibuted to it.
They would want to know what so special that someone could die(though it was due to heart-attack)
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by olapluto(m): 10:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
Here's the African version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmEQKe-evlY

6 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Intrepid1(m): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
Our artistes run to SA to shoot videos with semi-nude females, and generate less than 100,000 views. See how this guy achieved stardom with a simple, carefully-thought out video. Would he have achieved this much if every Janet, Jane and Joan were wiggling their jugs and posteriors in the video?

12 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Clemzy16(m): 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
And i haven't watched the video on youtube yet. Immediately i hit the watch video button Itz gonna be 2billion views. Lolz..

2 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Mostly from the "Asian and Chinese" folks. . .

1 Like

Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Khayordhe: 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
Nawa o...1 billion naira....oh! Sowie,i mean 1 billlion view......
[size=28pt]no b smal mata[/size]
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by kokoye(m): 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
This proves you dont have to cater to the west to blowwww up!

Be yourself and one stay, your star may shine!

The PSY guy has even cursed out the U.S.A before...but because of his talent, people were ready to forgive.
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by buchito1(m): 10:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
Wat is even dois gangnam style of a dance!!!!! Wat is even dois gangnam style of a dance!!!!!
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by mrkels(m): 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2012
At this very moment:
6146222 likes, 446946 dislikes

This would get to 2 billion in no time, imagine if he had ads showing on this video lipsrsealed
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
oppa gangnam style grin

congrats to psy

he deserves it for such a nice concept
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by sportfeva(m): 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
This got me thinking. I need to get this video.
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
Me like gangnam style.
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by pekelepekele(m): 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
MEN THAT GAY MUSIC VIDEO IS MAKING LOT OF WAVES and that music ain't better than AWILO LOGOMBA ONLY if you know music but the difference is that when AWILO came out year 2000 very few people had INTERNET CONNECTIONS THEN in AFRICA 2 be able to watch the hell out of it on youtube .

2 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Tolexander: 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
asians are ruling the world, coming out in style and claiming there birthrigit!
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Wow, that is awesome!
*continues dancing gangnam style* cool
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by chelseabmw(m): 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
NICE ONE
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by claremont(m): 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Revolva(m): 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2012
Tolexander: asians are ruling the world, coming out in style and claiming there birthrigit!
Ruling which world -- ur world na- they are only trying ok don't hype them here nobody knows them when it comes to music ok that PSY fagged as man just try small its the power of social media that helped his song - I hate the song from the first day even till now - if e like make e reach one zillion youtube views -
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by 190theclown: 11:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
what the heck is GANDAM STYLE angry angry
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
To start with I didn't know this guy was real, always saw him dancing in 1 music show advert. Wow, nice one. I just hope the hits one way or the other are reflecting in his pocket.

1 Like

Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by tomakint: 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
there is something about that beat, that just wanna make you feeeeeeel and groooooovvveeee it all night lonnnnnngggggg! It deserves the attentions and the accoladessss!..
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by visionbiafra: 11:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
There's nothing special in the video. It's not worth all these razzmatazz. I've seen some Azonto dance tracks that are much better than this crap on Youtube.

1 Like

Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by freecocoa(f): 11:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
I have watched that video and don't see why its making so much wave.

2 Likes

Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
freecocoa: I have watched that video and don't see why its making so much wave.

i still haven't seen that video. tongue
dont plan to either.
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by safarigirl(f): 11:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
Intrepid!:
Our artistes run to SA to shoot videos with semi-nude females, and generate less than 100,000 views. See how this guy achieved stardom with a simple, carefully-thought out video. Would he have achieved this much if every Janet, Jane and Joan were wiggling their jugs and posteriors in the video?
abeg, this had nothing to do with video, but everything to do with the dance step, he could have shot it in the amazon forest and it would make the same impact.

Africans can't achieve this cos don't nobody wanna lift em higher than they should be. Koreans/chinese are generally viewed as funny, hence they have a higher appeal. The red-necks in the US and the KGB in Russia would rather advance an Asian than an African.

The world just isn't psyched up bout y'all, so stop going 'if they had shot it...' Blah blah blah.

D'banj's Oliver Twist despite the whole hype no even reach dem Rihanna song, so this has nothing to do with the location, but everything with the World's mentality.

@topic, congrats to him, hope he isn't just a one-hit wonder

1 Like

Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
freecocoa: I have watched that video and don't see why its making so much wave.
visionbiafra: There's nothing special in the video. It's not worth all these razzmatazz. I've seen some Azonto dance tracks that are much better than this crap on Youtube.

I really dug the beats and the wackiness of the whole thing. I don't understand you people that don't see anything special in it.
Re: Gangnam Style Hits 1 Billion Youtube Views, The World Does Not End by djeezy(m): 11:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
I don't like the video but all the same it is indeed a nice feat. He's full of creativity and has just broken record on youtube beating Bieber's baby.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing / Nigeria's Top 5 New Beatmakers/producers / Simi And Adekunle Gold - ‘By You’ (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.