Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,676 members, 7,862,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

Ipad Users Or Fans, Please Help - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ipad Users Or Fans, Please Help (759 Views)

Nokia V3 Users Or Nokia 6120c Users Pls Com To My Aid / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! / Live Profile For Ma Bb, Adriod, Ipad Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipad Users Or Fans, Please Help by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
I just bought ipad 3 3g and aitel micro sim card which I have already inserted into the ipad. The problem now is how do I recharge the aitel and get data subscription without removing the sim card from ipad?
Re: Ipad Users Or Fans, Please Help by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
I jsut googled to find solution to the problem only to discover it is a general problem with ipad. You have to remove the sim and insert it to a phone before you can subscribe to a data plan. Woe to you Apple and your products. No wonder I have strong hatred for all your products. I had to buy this useless ipad for my wife as she prefered ipad to other tabs simply beacause some of her colleagues in the office use ipad.
To set it up the first took a lot of time
You have limited free apps selection even basic apps.
it does not multitask
and many other limitations and restritions.
Re: Ipad Users Or Fans, Please Help by Francheezy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
b0sS, me sef 8 dem aPplE, buh d way u deY talk, e b lyk saY u n0 f!t 0peRate am. Aw wld u say dere iZ n0 muLt!taSk!nG, av u heard 0f ja!LbrEak!nG ?
Re: Ipad Users Or Fans, Please Help by 2kurupt(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
@OP. I ain't digging Apple's restrictions on their devices but the ipad 3 sure can multitask, though not as effective as an android device would. Why not Google more on basic ipad functions & how to activate them.

PS. you can load, check balance & activate data subscriptions without taking off your sim from the device. Go to settings/sim management (I think), it's there somewhere
Re: Ipad Users Or Fans, Please Help by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
2kurupt: @OP. I ain't digging Apple's restrictions on their devices but the ipad 3 sure can multitask, though not as effective as an android device would. Why not Google more on basic ipad functions & how to activate them.

PS. you can load, check balance & activate data subscriptions without taking off your sim from the device. Go to settings/sim management (I think), it's there somewhere

You have option to load and check balance but there should be USSD for codes and data activation. This Is obvious lacking. There is no option like that in Airtel sim, may be MTN and glo have it. When you load the card, you still have to pop out the Airtel sim for data activation using phone. I understand Airtel has a special recharge card for data which activates data instantly without sending activation code, but I don't want the option.
Anyway for now, I will keep using my Android to send hotspot data to the ipad.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Update My Nokia 6670 Help / New NNC Call Rate, MTN Calls Now 15K Per Seconds To All Network / Etisalat BIS Is No Longer Unlimited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.