Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup (1618 Views)

Oliseh Rejects ‘top’ African Nation’s Offer [PHOTOS] / Sunday Oliseh, Invites 23 Players For Tanzania Match / Martins Quits Nation Cup Team :o (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by CLT123(m): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
Defender Danny Shittu has been recalled to the Nigeria squad ahead of next month's African Nations Cup.

But striker Osaze Odemwingie has been ignored in what could signal the beginning of the end of the West Brom forward's international career.

Also out is left back Taye Taiwo, who has also been overlooked since a Nations Cup qualifier against Rwanda.

Shittu has not been involved with the Super Eagles since Samson Siasia's last game in charge, a friendly against Ghana in which he was called up as a back-up.

But with recent defensive frailties, Stephen Keshi has called up the 32-year-old to bolster his defensive options.

However, with a surfeit of attacking riches, Keshi appears to have decided against the outspoken Odemwingie.

The squad is composed of 14 domestic league professionals and 18 from the foreign legion.

The squad will be led by skipper Joseph Yobo, who has appeared five previous tournaments from 220 to 2010 and is Nigeria's record international player with 89 caps.

All 16 participating countries have until midnight of January 9 to submit their final list of 23 players to CAF.

NFF executive committee member Barrister Chris Green explained that 14 home boys will travel to Portugal to be joined by 10 overseas-based professionals for the clash with Catalonia on January 2, with the remaining eight foreign-based stars to link up with the squad on January 4.

THE FULL LIST OF PLAYERS:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel); Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be’er Sheba, Israel); Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria); Daniel Akpeyi (Heartland FC, Nigeria)

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (FC Braga, Portugal); Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod FC, Israel); Benjamin Francis (Heartland FC, Nigeria); Joseph Yobo (Fenerbahce, Turkey); Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland); Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves, Nigeria); Danny Shittu (Millwall FC, England); Kenneth Omeruo (ADO Den Haag, Netherlands); Godfrey Oboabona (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria)

Midfielders: Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Nosa Igiebor (Real Betis, Spain); Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); Raheem Lawal (Adana Demirspor, Turkey); Obiora Nwankwo (Calcio Padova, Italy); Fegor Ogude (Valerenga FC, Norway); Reuben Gabriel (Kano Pillars, Nigeria); Rabiu Ibrahim (Celtic FC, Scotland)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Emmanuel Emenike (Spartak Moscow, Russia); Brown Ideye (Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine); Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England); Uche Kalu (Rizespor, Turkey); Bright Dike (Portland Timbers, USA); Shola Ameobi (Newcastle FC, England); Ikechukwu Uche (Villarreal FC, Spain); Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria); Sunday Mba (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria)
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by Emusan(m): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
Good list, but we already know our first 11 now undecided
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by babyboy3(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
All I see is a lot of players Keshi wants to be an agent for by getting them into Europe Osazi and Martins are a million times better than the Uche duo
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
Je leur souhaite tout le meilleur. J'espère qu'ils
nous rendent fiers cette fois-ci.
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by CLT123(m): 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
Wish Odemwingie was included
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by bingbagbo(m): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
comparing the list to....

...kwarasey, paintsil, afful, vorsah, boye, annan, atsu, kwadwo, ayew, badu, gyan ,

...mismatch?? grin
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by honeric01(m): 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
baby-boy:
All I see is a lot of players Keshi wants to be an agent for by getting them into Europe Osazi and Martins are a million times better than the Uche duo

What are you saying na? angry
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by honeric01(m): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
bin gbagbo: comparing the list to....

...kwarasey, paintsil, afful, vorsah, boye, annan, atsu, kwadwo, ayew, badu, gyan ,

...mismatch?? grin

I hope you haven't forgotten the Liberian treatment?
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by honeric01(m): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
Emusan: Good list, but we already know our first 11 now undecided

From this list, who are you start 11?
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by bingbagbo(m): 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
honeric01:

I hope you haven't forgotten the Liberian treatment?

Liberia?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by honeric01(m): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
bin gbagbo:

Yes don't you watch ball?
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by tzooh: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
bin gbagbo: comparing the list to....

...mismatch?? grin
Am Ghanaian and I can tell you that our afcon squad is full of useless players like john paintsil,derek boateng, rabiu mohammed, solomon asante, emmanuel clottey, anthony annan,yahaya mohammed just useless. Considering the fact that Essien and Muntari just came back from injury, Daniel Opare injured, and Kevin Prince Boateng no longer a Ghanaian international, Ghana's afcon squad should have been:
GK-Kwarasey, Robert Dabuo, Daniel Agyei
DF-Boye, Vorsah, Akaminko, Rashid Sumaila, David Addy,Afful,Kissi Boateng
MF-Mubarak Wakaso, Afriyie Acquah, Agyemang Badu, Kwadwo Asamoah, Christian Atsu, Andre Ayew,Albert Adomah, Quincy Owusu-Abeyie, ishmael yartey.
FW-Jordan Ayew, Gyan, Majeed Waris, Boakye Yiadom
Nigeria holds more firepower than the Ghana squad Appiah listed. Looking at Yobo, Emenike, the two uches scares me. The only player who does not scare me is Mikel Obi. Pretty good squad by Nigeria. Hopefully they teach those insurbodinate Zambians a lesson.

2 Likes

Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by sambos994(m): 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
bin gbagbo:

No, Sierra Leone.....YES Liberia that beat you 2-0.
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by sambos994(m): 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
tzooh:
Am Ghanaian and I can tell you that our afcon squad is full of useless players like john paintsil,derek boateng, rabiu mohammed, solomon asante, emmanuel clottey, anthony annan,yahaya mohammed just useless. Considering the fact that Essien and Muntari just came back from injury, Daniel Opare injured, and Kevin Prince Boateng no longer a Ghanaian international, Ghana's afcon squad should have been:
GK-Kwarasey, Robert Dabuo, Daniel Agyei
DF-Boye, Vorsah, Akaminko, Rashid Sumaila, David Addy,Afful,Kissi Boateng
MF-Mubarak Wakaso, Afriyie Acquah, Agyemang Badu, Kwadwo Asamoah, Christian Atsu, Andre Ayew,Albert Adomah, Quincy Owusu-Abeyie, ishmael yartey.
FW-Jordan Ayew, Gyan, Majeed Waris, Boakye Yiadom
Nigeria holds more firepower than the Ghana squad Appiah listed. Looking at Yobo, Emenike, the two uches scares me. The only player who does not scare me is Mikel Obi. Pretty good squad by Nigeria. Hopefully they teach those insurbodinate
Zambians a lesson.

What ever happened to Kingson? I liked that guy...
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by GUNSLINGER: 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2012
sambos994:

What ever happened to Kingson? I liked that guy...

Out of form
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by sambos994(m): 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2012
GUN_SLINGER:

Out of form

Yea, I suppose...
Re: The Full List Of Players For African Nation's Cup by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
Keshi should play a 4-3-3 formation during the group stages. One of the midfielders should be a defensive midfielder, while the others should be a playmaker and an attacking/box-to-box midfielder.

I favor this formation because our Group opponents are not to tough to beat; they'll in fact, play a defensive game against the Eagles. When the Super Eagles meet more dangerous opposition in the q-finals or semifinal, the coach can use a 4-4-2 formation with 2 purely defensive midfielders.

(1) (Reply)

Done Deal. Ozil Signs For Arsenal / James Rodriguez Attacked By Giant Insect(pictures) / The Worst Hairstyles In Football History (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.