Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify (1127 Views)

Software To Edit/modify ID Card / Firefox Modify Headers: I Need More Access, With. / Subnetting Urgent Plz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by terryboob(m): 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2008
plz i need your help on tis assignments,

i  have been asked to design a basic local area network,for a small company,they have 100hosts in the network.you have been asked to provide a detailed plan of the physical layout of this local area network, their will be a single gateway from this network whcih will be administered by isp , peripheral devices must be included,host machines,network devices,severs and peripherals,,,,i must produce potential sources and prices for the devices.i have been given class b ip address 172.16.0.0 and asked to perform subnetting to provide efficient address allocation to all devices in the internetwork which includes the 100 client machines on site, it should be presented in a table formatted.

from my own ideas,subnest mask should be 225.255.128.0 since we borrowed 7bit to create 100 hosts , what the increment  would it be ? would it be 128 ?
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by Maleeq(m): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hmmm, a lot of people could help you out here but the truth is that, we wont be doing you any good if we do your assignments for you.

I'd suggest you read up on it some more. I'll provide a few basic points for you start on(since you say you know about IP configurations).

- You don't have to split the 100 host into four parts! They all can be accommodated on the network. . .regardless of the host type (PC, printers etc), provided the are all IP enabled devices.
- To achieve a network that can hold the 100 hosts, you should bear in mind that you can only subnet within certain ranges. Meaning, you cannot have a exact 100hosts network(i.e usable IP addresses = 100). But you can have a subnet that has 128 usable hosts. This is the subnet size you should work with.

Try it out!
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2008
Maleeq:

we wont be doing you any good if you do your assignments for you.

please tell em - sometimes i have to wonder if 95% of the posters making requets here have never heard of a nifty little tool called a search engine. naija, land of the spoon fed
undecided
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by mmonwuba(m): 2:57pm On Feb 20, 2008
oyb:

please tell em - sometimes i have to wonder if 95% of the posters making requets here have never heard of a nifty little tool called a search engine. naija, land of the spoon fed
undecided

do u know it or not?
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2008
no. does that make u feel better?
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by mmonwuba(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2008
yes it does so shh!!!
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by terryboob(m): 1:11pm On Feb 21, 2008
maleeq, yeah thanks i got the idea now but for u [color=#000099]oyb[/color], seach engine cant really solve tis kind of problem it can only give u rubbish sometime
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by defmonk: 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2008
Have you been specifically asked to create subnets or are you trying to see what subnet masks to use? I don't really understand your question. Maybe I could help if you would shed a little more light.
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by defmonk: 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2008
172.10.0.0 is a class B address.

You want 4 subnets thats 25 addresses apiece.

first subnet could be 172.10.0.1-24, 172.10.0.25 is your broadcast address

second subnet could be 172.10.0.27-51 172.10.0.52 is broadcast etc until you get to the 4th.
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by DualCore1: 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Poster
GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND
WIKI IS YOUR PAL

@Any stupid person
don't even start flexxing ya fingers to type a sh1tty post in reply to ma post.

@others not in any of the aforementioned cartegories
Gracias
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by DualCore1: 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Poster
let me tell u something, google is a powerful tool, google can't even control its powers
get a clue from that
hell, when i get pms from people for pc help, half the time i google and get them answers and i wonder, why can't we all just google it, lol.

and hey, networking isn't ma fav cuppa, but if i give u an answer today, won't u be running back to me for an answer tommorow?

u don't beg for food, u beg to know how to get food.

P.S:
"Subject must be a concise summary of what your topic contains. No teasers or 'smart' titles please."
please learn to use right subjects for ur threads
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by Maleeq(m): 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2008
defmonk:

172.10.0.0 is a class B address.

You want 4 subnets thats 25 addresses apiece.

first subnet could be 172.10.0.1-24, 172.10.0.25 is your broadcast address

second subnet could be 172.10.0.27-51 172.10.0.52 is broadcast etc until you get to the 4th.
shocked shocked
Are you for real? Seems you have re-invented subnetting!!! grin
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by uspry1(f): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2008
They are plain lazy not to use search engine to research finding "subnetting".

Same thing with deaf people they asked me too many computer questions especially jargons and errors they not understand what it means---WHAT THE HECK OF USING search engine FOR?
Re: Subnetting Experts Is Urgently Needed modify by SayoMarvel(m): 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2008
go and read sybex ccna study guide. Topic to read: IP Subnetting. subnetting for u here dosnt help.

(1) (Reply)

Sharing MTN internet on client computers / Notice To Our Punch Online Readers / Helo Guys Nd Chicks,can Anybody Give Me D Key 2 Download Accelerator Premium (da

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.