Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,988 members, 7,952,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters (12151 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / Commander Daba: Pilot Of The Crashed Helicopter - A Tribute / Crashed Helicopter That Killed DIG Haruna John Was Faulty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Maduale: 9:14am On Dec 22, 2012
Going by the "success" recorded so far by Sahara reporters in deceiving people with fabricated stories form ghost sources, I think I may have to open my own online news site too.
All it takes is just to sit down in my bedroom and write that SOURCES told me this and that.
I will come up with catchy headlines that will catch the fancy of the gullible and denigrate my enemies.

I could just write " Minister of Foriegn Affairs in 150 billion dollars scandal"

I will proceed as follows: Sources have revealed to Mango reporters that the Minister of Foriegn Affairs, Mr Balla Briggs, is enmeshed in a 150 billion dlollar scandal" sources say the monies were withdrawn on a first line charge basis from an escrow account domicilled with chase Mahhatan bank in South Carolina USA with account number CH 234742789"
SOURCES say the transaction was effected after approval was given by Seun Osewa on 14th December 2012 at Nairaland hotel off premum tines street, Ikeja at 2.35 pm.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Gbawe: 9:15am On Dec 22, 2012
koruji: Why is it always black or white with you guys?
Sahara Reporters has done nothing by reporting what a source told them.

At least SR helped us to know that Maku left b4 the crashed copter. Maku didn't say that but that is what happened.

My brother, 'whistle-blowers' are revered worldwide. It is only only Nigerians, deranged by 'Stockholm-Syndrome', who prefer to hold brief for those destroying them with lies, misrule and corruption. If Maku is lying, should he not be exposed? Is he a private individual or an important government appointee? I don't get Nigerians at all.

In the UK, a very well run Nation, whistle blowers actually have more credibility and audience than politicians. Yet in Nigeria that has been destroyed by politicians, you find the poverty-ridden people cursing Saharareporters et al while vehemently defending their oppressors masquerading as political leaders. Fela was right with his "suffering and smiling" observation. The mentality of Nigerians has been bastardized by years of misrule. That is why it is common to see Nigerians talking and behaving abnormally today in comparison to citizens of other Nations.

2 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by hagma37yahoocom: 9:15am On Dec 22, 2012
Even though he lied,he is still goin to get away with it. Sorry to know that we dont have opposition in nigeria 'So Sad'. Susan Rice used unconfirmed FBI report to address the issue of Bengazzi US enbassy attack. It later turns red for her which affect her nomination as US Secetrary of state. Its all cooked by republicans (John Mccain and Co).
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by franchizy(m): 9:18am On Dec 22, 2012
Arobam: This level of hatred against Maku by saharareporters really calls for concern. What business has SAHARA REPORTERS with whether Maku boarded before or after the crash.
The fundamental truth is that there was a crash and Maku, either before or after, was supposed to be in the helicopter but he did not.
What problems does Sahara have with that?

I think this Sahara guys are getting too disparate.

I wonder where this hatred will take sahara Reporters to, if we judge Maku's speech and press release from a reporter that evening the crash occured, we will conclude that Maku was right.

Sahara Reporters should please leave Maku alone.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by born2boink(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2012
"MAKU" means "Don't Die" in yoruba
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Jerie(m): 9:20am On Dec 22, 2012
Elueme, Billyonaire and co, I don't know why you are crying more than the bereaved. Even your oga (GEJ) gave credence to SR news when he told the whole world that he learnt of his brother's death through SR. Therefore, if your boss believes SR, you had better do or go headbutt a rhinoceros.

2 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Dollarman101: 9:24am On Dec 22, 2012
Maduale: Going by the "success" recorded so far by Sahara reporters in deceiving people with fabricated stories form ghost sources, I think I may have to open my own online news site too.
All it takes is just to sit down in my bedroom and write that SOURCES told me this and that.
I will come up with catchy headlines that will catch the fancy of the gullible and denigrate my enemies.

I could just write " Minister of Foriegn Affairs in 150 billion dollars scandal"

I will proceed as follows: Sources have revealed to Mango reporters that the Minister of Foriegn Affairs, Mr Balla Briggs, is enmeshed in a 150 billion dlollar scandal" sources say the monies were withdrawn on a first line charge basis from an escrow account domicilled with chase Mahhatan bank in South Carolina USA with account number CH 234742789"
SOURCES say the transaction was effected after approval was given by Seun Osewa on 14th December 2012 at Nairaland hotel off premum tines street, Ikeja at 2.35 pm.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by honeric01(m): 9:24am On Dec 22, 2012
Jerie: Elueme, Billyonaire and co, I don't know why you are crying more than the bereaved. Even your oga (GEJ) gave credence to SR news when he told the whole world that he learnt of his brother's death through SR. Therefore, if your boss believes SR, you had better do or go headbutt a rhinoceros.

You dey mind them? grin

1 Like

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by ballabriggs: 9:27am On Dec 22, 2012
Rewind

ballabriggs: Here are the comments of some posters in the punch on Maku.

oye December 20, 2012 at 8:32 am
Maku has shown his level of intelligence if he can publicly expressed self centered and unsympathetic statement without making regards to victims of ill fated chopper and their love ones. May God fortify the deceased love ones

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-almost-travelled-in-crashed-copter/#comment-968805

Sholajohnolor December 20, 2012 at 9:16 am
This Maku is a goat. Yes you escaped, praise God personally not during the valedictory session for these men. It was their moment not yours.
http://www.punchng.com/news/we-almost-travelled-in-crashed-copter/#comment-968998

You see, Maku is a confirmed m0r0n, everyone knows this.

JONA FIRE MAKU NOW!!! cool
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Dollarman101: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, 'whistle-blowers' are revered worldwide. It is only only Nigerians, deranged by 'Stockholm-Syndrome', who prefer to hold brief for those destroying them with lies, misrule and corruption. If Maku is lying, should he not be exposed? Is he a private individual or an important government appointee? I don't get Nigerians at all.

In the UK, a very well run Nation, whistle blowers actually have more credibility and audience than politicians. Yet in Nigeria that has been destroyed by politicians, you find the poverty-ridden people cursing Saharareporters et al while vehemently defending their oppressors masquerading as political leaders. Fela was right with his "suffering and smiling" observation. The mentality of Nigerians has been bastardized by years of misrule. That is why it is common to see Nigerians talking and behaving abnormally today in comparison to citizens of other Nations.

There is a big difference between whistle blowing and rumor blowing. The distinction lies in the fact that the former is facts based while the latter is rumor inspired.
There is nothing like whistle blowing in what Sahara is doing. What they re doing is complete rumor blowing with impunity.
You don't come up with fictitious reports and call it whistle blowing.

2 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 22, 2012
Omoh, See me rolling on the floor with laughter while reading this story. This country is very very funny kai
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Mekusnwa: 9:35am On Dec 22, 2012
Gbawe:

Which whistleblowing? Flo rida's own I guess?
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 22, 2012
Abdul Adam56: Maku linus mba,pls don,t ban me.

Labaran Gbagaun!
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Vansnickers: 9:41am On Dec 22, 2012
Some people love to form "familiarity"! Why are people so desperate to be associated with this Helicopter-crash?!
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by ikennaobi(m): 9:42am On Dec 22, 2012
Don't worry, i will call Maku to comfirm ; cool Though he may still lie again
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Demdem(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2012
Liars roll call:
Abati
Okupe
Reno
Maku
Iweala
Wogu
Madueke
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Arobam: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2012
honeric01:

Stories like? grin
Sahara has a rich dossier of fake stories. They gave out fake reports of Yaradua's death so many times far before his eventual death. They said Patience Jonathan was caught in Dubai airport with loads of billions, it turned out to be totally false and unfounded.
They said Abuja night club-Xyrstal lounge has been bombed. It turned out to be a car explosion away from the club.
They said Diezani was sick and rushed to UK for treatment. Diezani was found the next morning at FEC meeting looking very hale and hearty.
The list is just endless.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Gbawe: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2012
Dollarman101:

There is a big difference between whistle blowing and rumor blowing. The distinction lies in the fact that the former is facts based while the latter is rumor inspired.
There is nothing like whistle blowing in what Sahara is doing. What they re doing is complete rumor blowing with impunity.

What on earth are you talking about? Saharareporters may not be perfect but do you and others want a few example of the revelations they brought to the awareness of the Nigerian public while other news sources collected brown envelops to lie to us?

When the Presidency , through liars like Maku and Abati, told you the first lady was "resting" in Germany, who revealed the true state of affairs to Nigerians? When Saharareporters was busy telling an entire Nation the truth about the real situation with Yar Adua's health, what was all other news source doing if not attending Aso Rock to collect bribe abd sign an oath of secrecy "in the interest of National security". Who reveals GEJ's appointees correctly before they are announced? I think people like you confuse whistle-blowing to be a science. Even in advanced nations, whistle-blowers are allowed to get it wrong by virtue of how they use sources who often don't wish to be quoted !!!!! Whistle-blowing is more similar to espionage because it involves exposing what Politicians want to keep secret by all means - and truthful folks know saharareporters do that very well !!!!

I have lost count of how many factual breaking news saharareporters have delivered that all other news sources were conveniently ignorant of. I really don't understand Nigerians. Saharareporters, imperfection and all, would be superstars in Nations where people still have properly calibrated compasses to appreciate one of the few sources of truth in an ocean of compromised and corrupt reportage.

Folks can insult saharareporters all they want. It just confirms what Nigerians are becoming. A people who hound goodness yet embrace and defend evil willingly.

5 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by honeric01(m): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2012
Demdem: Liars roll call:
Abati
Okupe
Reno
Maku
Iweala
Wogu
Madueke

And the grand master GEJ, chief lying officer.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by divatosin(f): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2012
Bukkyade: Àwón Òlófofò tì dé ooo! Sahara reporters and useless gossip. Wetin be dem own over Maku's testimony? Perhaps, they wished Maku to be in that Ill fated helicopter and much to their disappointment he wasn't. Im beginning to add up one or two things from this Sahara gossip.

Prior to that crash, a topic came up here on Nairaland with the header " RIP LABARAN MAKU" I joined in condemning the op for wishing an obvious performer dead. Somehow the crash later happened that weekend. So is it a case of the witch cried in the night and the pikin nearly died in the morning?

Whatever, I'm happy that Maku, contrary to the expectation of witches And wizards including Sahara, survived the crash.
Abi ooo!
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by OmoTier1(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2012
Bukkyade: Àwón Òlófofò tì dé ooo! Sahara reporters and useless gossip. Wetin be dem own over Maku's testimony? Perhaps, they wished Maku to be in that Ill fated helicopter and much to their disappointment he wasn't. Im beginning to add up one or two things from this Sahara gossip.

Prior to that crash, a topic came up here on Nairaland with the header " RIP LABARAN MAKU" I joined in condemning the op for wishing an obvious performer dead. Somehow the crash later happened that weekend. So is it a case of the witch cried in the night and the pikin nearly died in the morning?

Whatever, I'm happy that Maku, contrary to the expectation of witches And wizards including Sahara, survived the crash.
May God help you! Don't you know as information minister credibility, honesty and truthfulness is expected of such who old that office? If indeed Maku lied, then He should simply apologise. We know how wicked Nigeria government officers always like to feel important.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by ballabriggs: 10:02am On Dec 22, 2012
Why did Labaran Maku use a valedictory session of the deceased to celebrate the fact that he escaped the crash?

Because he is a BIG FOOOOL angry

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by kacheezy: 10:14am On Dec 22, 2012
I was supposed to be on that helicopter but they didn't have space for the bag of garri I bought from Ijaw traders.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Mandelaguy(m): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2012
Excellence has a way of drawing heavy admirers and haters alike. I think that is the lot of Maku today.
We have in Maku, the best Minister of Infirmation ever in the history of our country. So I'm not surprised that a guerilla Internet magazine sponsored by the sworn opponents of Jonathan's administration will continue to attack the shinning lights of the administration even if it means clinging unto lies and cheap gossip.

Tell me. if Saharareporters were not on a mission to find any strand to hold on against Maku, how would the story of how he survived an air crash be an issue that will deserve this editorial attention and publicity? Are there no more serious gist to write about that borders on good governance?

It is Maku's business whether he survived an air crash or not. It is not our business whether he lied about his personal experience or not. It's left for him.
What should concern us is his stewardship in office. It will be understandable if all these hairsplitting was that Maku' told a lie on Budget 2013 or any other salient issue of governance, not his survival of a crash. It's personal.

1 Like

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Mandelaguy(m): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2012
And someone should please tell Sahara Reporters that their lies are becoming very unbearable to people as so many comments reflect on this thread.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by blazingtrain: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2012
Dude just doing his job.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by emmatok(m): 10:20am On Dec 22, 2012
Dollarman101:

Rumors are OK, if they are confirmed to be true.
The Irony is that your likes will start rushing to SR when GEJ regime is over
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by emmatok(m): 10:24am On Dec 22, 2012
Mandelaguy: Excellence has a way of drawing heavy admirers and haters alike. I think that is the lot of Maku today.
We have in Maku, the best Minister of Infirmation ever in the history of our country. So I'm not surprised that a guerilla Internet magazine sponsored by the sworn opponents of Jonathan's administration will continue to attack the shinning lights of the administration even if it means clinging unto lies and cheap gossip.

Tell me. if Saharareporters were not on a mission to find any strand to hold on against Maku, how would the story of how he survived an air crash be an issue that will deserve this editorial attention and publicity? Are there no more serious gist to write about that borders on good governance?

It is Maku's business whether he survived an air crash or not. It is not our business whether he lied about his personal experience or not. It's left for him.
What should concern us is his stewardship in office. It will be understandable if all these hairsplitting was that Maku' told a lie on Budget 2013 or any other salient issue of governance, not his survival of a crash. It's personal.

Sure you are paid agent.

Frank NWoke Jr is the best ever. The men knows how to talk, not like your MAKU.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by brownlord: 10:38am On Dec 22, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
May God help you! Don't you know as information minister credibility, honesty and truthfulness is expected of such who old that office? If indeed Maku lied, then He should simply apologise. We know how wicked Nigeria government officers always like to feel important.

Bros this ur gbagan don pass maku own na
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Gbawe: 10:58am On Dec 22, 2012
ballabriggs: Why did Labaran Maku use a valedictory session of the deceased to celebrate the fact that he escaped the crash?

Because he is a BIG FOOOOL angry

My guy, some Nigerians simply don't appreciate how ridiculous they make themselves and Nigeria look with their non-stop defence of utter garbage rejected and unseen elsewhere. Maku, Okupe, Abati, Omokri et al are nothing but discredited hacks who show that Nigeria is still in the dark ages in regards to folks being loyal to Nigeria and her institutions rather than selling their soul and credibility to one individual. Everybody who joins the Presidency automatically lies and deceive others on its behalf because Nigeria is a joke where every Prresident personalises, perverts and debases the Presidency while insisting other join him in doing such.

http://saharareporters.com/column/beyond-oronto-douglas-irresponsibility-statecraft-pius-adesanmi

Notice that I called the Presidency the apex “body” of our state. If I were talking about other responsible presidencies, say in America, France, South Africa or Ghana, I would have used the word “institution”. The culture of irresponsibility has never allowed the Nigerian presidency to develop into an institution in the real sense of that word. When, for instance, we speak of the Kennedy White House, the Carter White House, the Bush White House, the Clinton White House, the Obama White House, we know that beyond party affiliation and deep-seated political differences, all of these ‘White Houses’ are connected by their subscription to certain transcendental attributes of American self-fashioning, reducible to the philosophical core of buzzwords like “freedom”, “promise”, “values”, “enterprise”, “can-do”, and the sacrosanct “American dream”. In over two hundred years of existence, the American Presidency has evolved as the first institution of state which immediately embodies these immutable attributes of the American being. The state evolves and behaves in such a way as to project and protect these transcendental values of American-ness. And the American Presidency is an institution because these values are greater and grander than any incumbent President and his team – cabinet and aides.

[b]Contrary to these normative attributes of responsible presidencies, the Nigerian Presidency is a transient, ephemeral embodiment of the egomaniacal idiosyncrasies of the incumbent, his cabinet, his aides, and the political jobbers and hangers-on who constitute the President’s bubble. No philosophical core, no transcendental attribute of Nigerian self-fashioning links the Obasanjo Aso Rock, the Yar’Adua Aso Rock, and the Jonathan Aso Rock in the sense in which I have sketched out what connects successive American White Houses. In the absence of an enduring deontology of responsibility, every Nigerian President and his team approaches Aso Rock not from the perspective of being custodians of the sacred, great, and grand values of the Nigerian people but as guarantors of the immediate prebendal moment of their ilk and political benefactors – even if such benefactors are convicted criminals.

Once they invest the Presidency with this narrow vision, this baser instinct, the President and his aides become greater and grander than the collective will, vision, and aspirations of the Nigerian people. From here, it is open sesame to irresponsibility as statecraft and to crass personalization of the state and her resources[/b]. From here, it’s only a matter of time before we get to Okoroba. This is not just pure theoretical talk. When a Presidency is a genuine institution, she recognizes the power and value of symbolism. Presidential symbolism devolves mainly from the personal example of the incumbent. His style, his preferments, his priorities, when collectively adopted and projected by his team, become symbolic expressions of the character of the state. What sort of symbolism have President Jonathan and his team been sending out to the Nigerian people?
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Mandelaguy(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2012
emmatok:

Sure you are paid agent.

Sure you re a paid hater. It is your habit to dodge the issue and raise hypothesis about the identity of other commentators.
What assessment did you make that placed Nweke ahead of Maku? Or is it because Nweke talks like a white man?
What major projects can you recall of Nweke in information disemination?

Maku has gone beyond mere rhetorics and sloganeering "Good People, Great Nation" to initiating innovative policies and programmes aimed at expanding the frontiers of information disemination.
In just 2 years, Maku has succeeded in ensuring the passage and signing into law of the long awaited revolutionary Freedom of Information Bill. FOI Act.
He has initiated the Ministerial platform, first of its kind, for ministers to give an account of their stewardship to Nigrtians.
He is presently undertaking a good governance tour across the 36 states of the federation in order to showcase govt activities and also collate feed backs from the people directly through the citizens forum initiative.
What did Nweke do?
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Mandelaguy(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2012
emmatok:

Sure you are paid agent.

And got get find yourself a good job. Quit boot licking

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olusegun Mimiko Emerges ZLP Presidential Candidate / 28 States Can Not Finance 2019 Budgets - NEITI / The President Of Niger Republic, Mohammed Bazoum Congratulates Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.