Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:46 AM

An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka (23552 Views)

Photos: Child Actress Sharon Ezeamaka Is All Grown Up / Sharon Ezeamaka: Nollywood Child Actor (Pictures) / Sharon Ezeamaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 22, 2012
"I Don't Want to Go to The University"
" I Have a BOYFRIEND but I won't Tell YOU anything About HIM"

" I'm Not in a HURRY to Marry" ::: I will Marry at the Age of 27.::

'At 20, people still treat me like a little girl"
– Nollywood actress Sharon Ezeamaka Reveals to Journalist.

Sharon’s got a boyfriend!’ would be a colourful way to introduce this piece. It would help you transcend beyond the kid actor image of the five year old talent who starred in the 1997 movie, Narrow Escape, to the 20 year old young woman who took time off her busy schedule to share her story with Showtime Celebrity. Of course, Sharon’s got a boyfriend. But that’s just a tiny portion of the maturity that this quintessential actress exhibits. In THIS INTERVIEW with Journalist. the 'Dear Mother' actress, Sharon revealed her past, present, and future as well as romance, Nollywood and fashion, see for yourself how grown up she has become.

READ THE INTERVIEW BELOW::

INTERVIEWER:
What was it like as a kid actor?

SHARON'S REPLY: It was fun. My mum always tells me that if you do what you love, you’ll never have to work a day in your life. I love hitting location, going through my script and interpreting my role. Combining it with my studies wasn’t really easy, but God saw me through. I had amazing grades in school, and I was one of the best in my class.

INTERVIEWER:: What is the difference between when you were growing up and now?

SHARON'S REPLY: I think people are beginning to take the industry a lot more seriously. I remember when I was still a kid actor, people thought Nigerian movies were jokes and nothing to write home about. But now, it’s so good when you go to the cinemas and you see people going to see Nollywood movies.
People are beginning to see Nollywood movies and know that we are not here to play, that we are here to provide Africa with this amazing movie industry. There’s still so much we have to do, and we need to work on, but we’re getting there. Now, we have really good movies that we can be proud of, script writers that are amazing and directors that are awesome.

INTERVIEWER: Do you think there are some things you missed out on as a child because you started your career early?

SHARON'S REPLY: My parents were very supportive, and they knew that being a child actor was going to take up a lot of time, so in their own way, they helped me have a normal childhood. I did everything a child is supposed to do. I played with my friends, I had a very good childhood, I didn’t miss out on anything.

INTERVIEWER: We heard that you took some time off to ‘reinvent’ yourself, what was that about?

SHARON'S REPLY: I have been acting since I was 5, and even though I’m 20 now, people still see me as that little girl. So, I took a two year break to do other things, get more mature, and explore other areas of the media. I worked in a fashion magazine for about a year, FAB magazine. After that I took a break before I debuted on the M-net show, The Johnsons. On the Johnsons, I play a really young character who is fifteen.

INTERVIEWER: How difficult has it been for you to prove to people that you’re no longer a kid actor?

SHARON'S REPLY: It’s not such a big issue for me. I know it’s not going to be so easy to shed off that kid actor image. I’ve realized that a lot of kid actors especially outside the country tend to go the exact opposite route so they can get out of that image. But I don’t plan to that because I’m not a loose person. But it is sort of weird when people say things like: “You’re so grown up now.”
And I’m like “yeah, I’ve been acting since I was five, I was supposed to grow up.” It is funny, but it’s to be expected, so it doesn’t really surprise me. It’s not like I’m tired of playing young characters but it would be nice to play older characters because I’m getting older. I’m trying to get my management team to get me projects that I can play older characters.

INTERVIEWER: What’s your dream role at the moment?

SHARON'S REPLY: Fifty shades of grey. I would give an arm and a leg to play Ana Steele, the lead girl in the movie, because I love the progression of her character. It’s just that the production is all the way in Hollywood and the character is white. More realistically, I am looking forward to playing roles that will challenge me. Roles that are different from who I am in real life. And there are very few characters like that.
Naturally I’m daring, adventurous, simple, nice; I’m a whole lot of things put together, and I would love something that would push me beyond my limits. Creativity should not have limits or boundaries. You should be able to push beyond what you think you can do or what you’ve done before. So, whatever I haven’t done before is ideal for me.

INTERVIEWER:: Do you have any plans to further your education outside the movie industry?

SHARON'S REPLY: I finished secondary school before I was sixteen, but I decided not to go to the university. The reason is that there are no higher institutions that teach film making as a course,but Theatre Arts. I didn’t want to study Theatre Arts. I want to study film making from a director’s perspective. I already know what I want to do with my life, that’s something I think a lot of young people lack.
I have friends that tell me how lucky I am that my parents are very understanding, how they wish they didn’t go to school to waste time on something that they don’t love. What’s the point in going to school for four years, studying something that you aren’t going to use, and then dumping the certificate somewhere? It doesn’t make any sense.

INTERVIEWER:: Do you want to go behind the camera anytime soon?

SHARON'S REPLY: Yes, I want to go into directing before I turn 25. That is why I want to go to the New York film Academy, at least before I get to that age. I know I’d be ready to start directing my own projects at 25, so I want to get a lot of experience. I think directing is way more serious than people think it is.
So I’d like to learn it from professionals, and then try out experiments of sort, before I do something of my own I write, but I don’t really enjoy it as much. I’m an imaginative person, so of course I need to put my ideas down. But when I do, I get bored. So it’s much easier to work with someone that writes, and I can tell the person what’s in my head.

INTERVIEWER: What else do you plan to do before you’re twenty five? Get married, have kids?

SHARON'S REPLY: I’m not in a hurry to get married at all. Hopefully if everything works out, I’d settle down before I’m 27.

INTERVIEWER: Don’t you have a boyfriend ?

SHARON'S REPLY: I do have a boyfriend. But I’m not saying anything about him. I am keeping my private life out of my career. All I can say is that he’s a guy, and he’s a couple of years older than myself. We just started dating.

INTERVIEWER: Is he someone you can marry?
I can’t really say for now. I’m not ready to go into marriage now. I still have about seven years before I get to that point, so when we get to that bridge, we’ll cross it. Marriage is supposed to be a lifetime commitment. I still have so many years ahead of me, so I don’t see why I should rush into marriage and start having kids. I still have a lot of time to do that by God’s grace.

INTERVIEWER: Can you marry someone in the industry?

SHARON'S REPLY: Yes I can. I would actually love to marry someone who does what I do; who is somehow involved in the media. Because I have found out that only someone who is involved in the business can understand what we do, and I wouldn’t want my husband to complain about how I’m never around, or how I travel too much. I can’t deal with that kind of pressure.

INTERVIEWER: Have you ever had a crush on anyone on set?
SHARON'S REPLY: No I haven’t. The thing is, I’ve been working since I was two. I started out as child model before I went into acting, and I have learnt over the years to handle my work professionally. I do not mix business with pressure.

INTERVIEWER: Who would you choose as a male co-star for a romantic movie?

SHARON'S REPLY: From Hollywood, it would be Robert Pattinson. I love him, he takes my breath away. In Nollywood, I don’t know. Most of the guys that do all the romantic scenes are older than myself. We don’t have a lot of young actors in Nollywood, and I can’t say that I want to play a romantic scene with Ramsey Noah, that would just be weird. Hopefully, very soon, there’d be one.

INTERVIEWER: Who are you looking forward to working with?

SHARON'S REPLY: There are quite a number of people, but topping my list is Nse Ikpe Etim. I love her. I only started watching her movies earlier this year, and she’s flawless. I would really like to work with her. I’d love to work with Genevieve. She’s a living legend who’s been there for so long, but is still very relevant. The directors I’m looking forward to working with are Kunle Afolayan, and Mildred Okwo. I always go to see a Kunle Afolayan film. He does amazing work. Those are the ones I can remember for now, but there are lots of people.

INTERVIEWER:: Who do you look up to at the moment?

SHARON'S REPLY: Natalie Portman. She’s really versatile. I fell in love with her in Black Swan. I like the different actors in Nigeria for different reasons, but I’m not sure if there’s anyone who entirely embodies all that I see in my future.

INTERVIEWER:: What do you see in your future fifteen years from now?

SHARON'S REPLY: I see a girl who is going to be a living legend. I work really hard, and hopefully God will reward my hard work. I also see myself married with a couple of kids. There’s so much I want to do; own my media company, own a fashion line because I love fashion. We’ll just have to wait and see.

INTERVIEWER: Tell us something that people don’t know about you?

SHARON'S REPLY: People don’t know that I’m a very quiet person. I’m extremely quiet. A lot people think I’m a snob, but when they get to know me, they realize that I really am a nice person.

INTERVIEWER: Nollywood recently lost a veteran actor, Enebeli Elebuwa, did you ever work closely with him?
When I heard what had happened, I was very sad, because he was a fantastic actor; very amazing to work with. I hope that God comforts his family and help them get through this difficult time, because I know it must be really hard to lose someone that you love.

END OF INTERVIEW:::

My Own QUESTIONS::
1. What is YOUR ADVICE for Sharon as a young person who is planning big for her career?
2. What is your VIEW of her decision of not going into the University to study? Rather She opted to go to Film Academy?
3. From the Interview, How would describe her?
4. Have You watch her movies before?
5. Do You Love her MOVIES?

Let's have your VIEWS....
Thanks.

www.facebook.com/endy.edeson

2 Likes

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by martyns303(m): 7:50am On Dec 22, 2012
Did anyone else noticed she didn't make reference to any Nollywood actor that she appreciates? Only Hollywood folks, girl is full of herself.
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by Gombs(m): 8:54am On Dec 22, 2012
Yawns...pls can someone feed mε †ђξ summary?

She's fat tho

My Own Answers::

1. What is YOUR ADVICE for Sharon as a young person who is planning big for her career?

Ans:∂α̇̇̇†̥ she shd knw ∂α̇̇̇†̥ she won't last ΐϞ nollywood,so she shd buy Jamb form fast

2. What is your VIEW of her decision of not going into the University to study? Rather She opted to go to Film Academy?

Ans: ∂α̇̇̇†̥ wα̲̅ڪ a dumb move by her...

3. From the Interview, How would describe her?

Ans: waiting for Ʊ to giv mε †ђξ summary of the interview,but I tink she's jst naïve

4. Have You watch her movies before?

Ans: am not jobless na!...cnt evn watch aki n paw paw Йą her I wan watch (mε think ΰ٢ 'watch' shd be 'watched')

5. Do You Love her MOVIES?

Ans: I'd Pass

4 Likes

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by homesteady(m): 8:59am On Dec 22, 2012
loll....i'm nt sure Robert Pattinson 'll like to act a romance scene with a fat shapeless gal.....
Abeg who has watched Dorathy my love.....she acted with it with Bobo...loll....sha weda fat or shapeless i luv her
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by sarutobie(m): 9:05am On Dec 22, 2012
martyns303: Did anyone else noticed she didn't make reference to any Nollywood actor that she appreciates? Only Hollywood folks, girl is full of herself.
Yea I did notice it..apparently no nollywood actor/actress is worth her salt..
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by day0(m): 9:10am On Dec 22, 2012
NO WAY!!! This cannot be 20 yet...she lied. shocked shocked shocked
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by safarigirl(f): 9:33am On Dec 22, 2012
She doesn't know what the world is like, you no wan go school because you don turn Genevieve abi? Wey your pikin?

Does she think getting roles will be as easy as she did when she was younger? Someone needs to show her the competition
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 22, 2012
I don't even know her!
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by mrkels(m): 9:41am On Dec 22, 2012
[size=13pt]Girl, if you are reading this loose some weight, no one would call you for a romantic scene with that weight, even if you lobby and somehow get called, the scene wouldn't be as romantic as it ought to be, you are 20 and tyou are already looking like those 29yr old mamas in my junoir sister's masters class[/size] undecided
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by billionman: 9:43am On Dec 22, 2012
I think I remember her face. She starred in the TV series Dear Mother back in the days. I don't know if they still show that sitcom on TV.
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by maggilove(f): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2012
Pls can someone tell me the film she acted as a child.
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by billionman: 9:50am On Dec 22, 2012
maggilove: Pls can someone tell me the film she acted as a child.

Aside Dear Mother, I don't know of any. Am not a nollywood fanatic anyway.
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by sholay2011(m): 9:56am On Dec 22, 2012
Bad belle plenty for dis nairaland sef. Y d fuss abt her size? Isn't ini edo in d same size range or a bit bigger? And as for ppl saying she didn't mentn d names of nollywood stars, dat may av been done unconsciously. We read too much meaning into statements. At least, she recognised d fact that Nse-Ikpe etim nd genny re senior colleagues shez hitching to work with. If you are very well xposed to hollywood filmmaking, what is done in Nollywud wud be like ABC. U dnt xpect me to be aware of great actors like daniel-day lewis and robert deniro who took method acting to another level and still be shouting Olu jacobs, even though I will give him his total dur respect. Free d girl joor!

8 Likes

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by blazingtrain: 10:06am On Dec 22, 2012
shocked
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by FKO1(m): 10:19am On Dec 22, 2012
mrkels: [size=13pt]Girl, if you are reading this loose some weight, no one would call you for a romantic scene with that weight, even if you lobby and somehow get called, the scene wouldn't be as romantic as it ought to be, you are 20 and tyou are already looking like those 29yr old mamas in my junoir sister's masters class[/size] undecided
You are blind !!!

6 Likes

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by Francheezy(m): 10:20am On Dec 22, 2012
n0TtY gurL.
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 22, 2012
Apparently, she thinks she knows what she wants...
If she eventually comes across this interview piece 5yrs from now she just might understand why people still see her as a kid (that's if she's wiser by then)

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by oliidell(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2012
1. She's on track. So she shud stay focused and maintain her passion, zeal and hardwork. Things would surely fall into place.
2.My view: she can achieve both. She wud hav been tru wit university by now or close to it. Though I respect the fact that she knows wat she wants and has defined her target.
3. She's got an amazing personality and she knows her mind. Shez very intelligent,smart, matured and reasonable. Iv always known she was precocious, so i'l add dat too.
4. Yea iv seen some: Romantic attraction, Burning desire, Bobo my love and others I cant remember the titles. Shez very entertaining.
5. Yea. Sure. She makes dem rock.

6. Some nairalanders shud realy get a life. Hating never got anybody anywhere.

8 Likes

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by hydiciousb: 11:00am On Dec 22, 2012
space booked.....i wan reach toilet come back.
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by EzePromoe: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2012
How will this stop the spliting of 30 minutes Nigerian movie into part 1 to part 4 and how will this make them stop using the rest 1 hour for advert.
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2012
yehh dis girl don grow o,,dat small girl for DEAR MOTHER. EYAA i wish her well in any plan she have for herself.if that she continued her acting in nollywood she would have gone far.cos i believe she is the only child actor we have in niaja.she started acting fulltime in primary 4, while others started either in ss3 or after waec.if you people like continue hating on other peoples progress and be expecting yours to come.

3 Likes

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by Taeewo(m): 11:25am On Dec 22, 2012
koto orun,iru esin,kosegbe,ti oluwa nile

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by londoner: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2012
I don't know who she is, but she has her head screwed on straight. For her, acting is a passion and she has obviously courted that passion for a while. She wants to be a director, not just someone who is known and gets to be part of the glitz and glamour.

I like her attitude.

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2012
mrkels: [size=13pt]Girl, if you are reading this loose some weight, no one would call you for a romantic scene with that weight, even if you lobby and somehow get called, the scene wouldn't be as romantic as it ought to be, you are 20 and tyou are already looking like those 29yr old mamas in my junoir sister's masters class[/size] undecided
just give me one reason why thunder no go fire you. Yvonne nelson is too skinny abeg make she go add some meat jor, now the person is some how ok,not like she is still fat like wen she was too young.now you want her to go slice herself.show us your sister or maybe your own picture too make we see if una be models for una family.ode

3 Likes

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2012
See how people are hating on her ah! ah!. She is one of the best child actors Nollywood had. Apart from Princess Orji, Bobo in Dorothy my love etc, we all know how other children act in Nollywood movies. You guys should leave her alone with her weight. It's not like Ini Edo, Tonto Dike, Mercy Johnson and a few others are slimmer. Besides, she's not one of those children who become ugly when they grow older, she's still pretty.
I suggest she goes to study film making after getting a degree in the University. It's worth it.

2 Likes

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by idinc(m): 11:59am On Dec 22, 2012
OP wch kin jamb question u set dia
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2012
Nigerian mentality, i know hundred if not thousands of Nigerian so called graduate that cant spell cupboard some cant spell naira, im not joking.lets not go to grammar part cos that one na trouble. some will study political science ,international relations,public admin,microbiology etc and you want to work in oil company, ok continue walking round and round the country until that your shoe disappear for your leg.film making is a very big business that Nigerians dont even know about.forget dis quack directors we have now,some of them are regretting now,if they had known they would have gone abroad to upgrade themselves. now there will soon be cinema in all states and all tv station will go digital by 2015 that means dis girl will be a millionaire by the time she is 27/28.we are lacking in visual effect and directing aspect if is oyibo dey will dedicate their life to it to be the one to correct that area,but for naija everybody want to work in the bank or oil company that want ten years experience.if i tell you how much a typical good Nigerian director can make in a movie, it will annoy everybody here.continue laughing at her,one semester fee in film school is $20,000 that will cover all your education in Nigerian university including hostel and feeding money.clerance peter said after secondary school he went straight to a film school in south africa,do you know how much he makes from music videos?and moreover as a filmmaker to get visa to any country is easy dats wat Nigerians dont know.continue laughing

3 Likes

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by StOla: 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
martyns303: Did anyone else noticed she didn't make reference to any Nollywood actor that she appreciates? Only Hollywood folks, girl is full of herself.

So I suppose her references to Kunle Afolayan, Nse Etim, Genevieve etc in the paragraph before references to Natalie Portman was invincible to you? BTW, i dont know a young football startlet looking up to a local league player, do you?

4 Likes

Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by tessiko: 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2012
She has great dreams, though still naïve I think she should reconsider her marriage dreams at 27 instead from 23yrs she can think of marriage it will give her more time to actualize her dream. Can't she see Omotola who married so early she had her kids and is still enjoying her careers and is even looking younger. Had it been she has gone for univ, she shd hav finished her 1st degree and maybe thinking of Masters (Well that's poor dad for you in d book: RICH dad POOR dad) but as the rich dad will advice she is still on track to success. Baby carry go nothing do u but no regrets and stop talking 2much u stll hav a long way to go!
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by secreyor: 3:18pm On Dec 22, 2012
She waz ma secondary school classmate,she's a nice gurl but some ppl tot she waz a snub...neva got to know her well till ss3..i wish her all d best of luck,she has always been a very good actress.
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by DollyParton1(f): 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
Did she say she wishes to act fifty shades?
Gurl you trippin!!!!
Re: An Interview With Child Actress, Sharon Ezeamaka by SisiKill1: 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2012

Err. ...I believe it is you who is full ot yourself. Just because you identify and respect mediocrity does not mean everyone should follow suit. She is allowed to appreciate whoever the hell she wants to and should not be penalized for it.

How would you feel if someone took your love for all things Nollywood as a sign that you are unintelligent....bet you wouldn't like that? Well, you don't have to worry about that coz..unlike you, most respect other people's choices.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija: I Stopped Supporting Mercy Because Of Her Management – Bobrisky / Annie Idibia Becomes A Super-hero In New Painting / Patoranking Shines In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.