Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler (10050 Views)

This Man Believes He Is Jesus Christ...pope Benedict Him. / Pope Benedict XVI To Resign / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Iaz93: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
Pope Benedict XVI has pardoned his former butler, Paolo Gabriele, who is serving an 18-month jail sentence for stealing confidential papers. The pope visited Gabriele personally in the prison to inform him of the decision, the Vatican said in a statement.
In October the former butler was found guilty of stealing and copying the pope's document and leaking them to an Italian journalist. Gabriele said he acted out of love for the church.
''This morning, the Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI visited Gabriele in prison in order to confirm his forgiveness, and to inform him personally of his acceptance of Mr Gabriele's request for pardon,'' the vatican statement said.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20824814

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
Good example. I pray for the butler.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Ymodulus: 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: Good example. I pray for the butler.
you cant be crius?? why did he allow the man to go to jain in the first place? y not forgive him dem? i tot the bible say forgive pple so ur heavenly father can forgive u?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by caesaraba(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2012
Yep. Thank you Pontif. Case closed.
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by dareyking(m): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
third to comment osshheeeeee!
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by brrrr(m): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ymodulus: you cant be crius?? why did he allow the man to go to jain in the first place? y not forgive him dem? i tot the bible say forgive pple so ur heavenly father can forgive u?
which 1 be jain again ?or ur vocal chord. No sabi english?

3 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by omarky(m): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
Leading by example
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by MaAngwa: 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ymodulus: you cant be crius?? why did he allow the man to go to jain in the first place? y not forgive him dem? i tot the bible say forgive pple so ur heavenly father can forgive u?

My friend do u really know ur bible. U shuld remember that d bible say no sinner shall go unpunished,even if the sins are forgiven. He is serving the punishment of his sins while been forgiven. Sentiments apart, let's always think normal.

5 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Leboska(m): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
Well in the spirit of the season.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Series22(m): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
So pope dey drink beer? Na waoh

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by aglomar: 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
His Holiness! hmmm
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by yuzedo: 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
Roman Catholics..... undecided
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by kagari: 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
Thank God iam on the front page. No more garri and salt.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by caesaraba(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
yuzedo: Roman Catholics..... undecided

Wetin we do you?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by 80million1: 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2012
*speechless*

Didn't Pharaoh do the same too,when Joseph interpreted dreams.

Bible days are here again?

Pls can sum1 remind me the date of d Mayan Apocalypse?
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Digriz(m): 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
are u a fooooool?complete ur sentence.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by TeenageMoney(m): 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2012

One of the ppl wey no suppose see 1st Jan. 2013

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Lovethywilbedon: 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ma Angwa:

My friend do u really know ur bible. U shuld remember that d bible say no sinner shall go unpunished,even if the sins are forgiven. He is serving the punishment of his sins while been forgiven. Sentiments apart, let's always think normal.
Dont mind the creature, he doesn't know that any man who won't ask for forgiveness has automaticaly cut off himself from the unquantifiable mercy of God.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by aryzgreat: 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
In the spirit of christmas, papa weldone! forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespassed against us...........
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
Even the Church has her own SECRETS. What other secret is there to hide than to keep the world peaceful with the deceptive propaganda on the true nature of Cosmic energy that transmutes universes replacing it with a non-existent personacy codenamed God.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Bishop4bella(m): 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
4give those who sined against bt d sin to d Holy spirit is nt 4give. Holy papa thanks for d 4giveness.
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by ojoko1(m): 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
Teenage Money:

One of the ppl wey no suppose see 1st Jan. 2013

Na U̶̲̥̅̊ wan kill am. Religious bigot. Mtsheeew

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by yuzedo: 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
caesaraba: Wetin we do you?
Nothing o! I just dey enunciate the people wey dis gist concern! grin

Digriz: are u a fooooool?complete ur sentence.
Your granny ugly son there...! Eeeeeeediot! angry

Teenage Money: One of the ppl wey no suppose see 1st Jan. 2013
And join yer dadda in purgatory? No sir.. White Jesus has better plans for me! grin Uchu! angry
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by nagoma(m): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
Iaz93:
In October the former butler was found guilty of stealing and copying the pope's document and leaking them to an Italian journalist. Gabriele said he acted out of love for the church.

We here that these documents point to corruption in the Vatican and sexual misdemeanors. Did the butler also forgive the pope? What happened to his love for the church?
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Iykecollins(m): 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
You r 4given when u ask
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Digriz(m): 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2012
nagoma:

We here that these documents point to corruption in the Vatican and sexual misdemeanors. Did the butler also forgive the pope? What happened to his love for the church?
u hear,they hear and they said and u then post.As a messenger then.?

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by Iaz93: 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
nagoma:

ah no know oh...
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by patholaw: 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
some pple are just so daft...always looking 2 fault others...he has 4given d guy dats all dat matters
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by caesaraba(m): 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
nagoma:

Yes, the documents which were leaked included letters by a certain Cardinal addressed to the Pope with complaints of corrupt practices going on in the Vatican and the Church in general. It might interest you to also know that in the light of the Cardinal's persistent complaints, he was purportedly transferred out of Vatican City. This saga is still on-going.

As to whether Gabriel forgave the Pope, I have no idea.

Hope that answers your question?

P.s: I'm just answering based on what I know o. No vex abeg.
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by yohannazack(m): 10:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
Dat was a gud one there. But butler shuld count himself lucky he is not frm another society or faith, he wuld hav been gistin wit his late grand parents now. Jesus is indeed LORD.
Re: Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler by nagoma(m): 10:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
Digriz: u hear,they hear and they said and u then post.As a messenger then.?

Listen to the news baby." High level corruption "and "sexxtual misconduct" and " power tussle" is what is been reported on all international media. The butler was revealing these for the love of the church. Now that the Pope has forgiven him, we need to know about his love for the church and whether he has also forgiven the Pope. This is simple and straight forward please.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Announces Cross Over Service To 2022 (Video) / Reason For Creating Islam Section With Ridiculous Conditions / Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.