Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same (23059 Views)

Nigeria Pidgin Proverbs & Their Meanings / Some Nigerian Proverbs – In PIDGIN / Nigerian Pidgin English as Our National Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by ogochukwunasa1: 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
aribisala0: Yar'adua ti ku ?
Yar'adua ti ku
am tellin u'
u ask d question in form of surprise' then the other person reply normally
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by PosCaricature: 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
masperano: Pls wat is d meaning of this! In as much I aint an active nairalander threads like dis futher discourages me frm being active on nairaland! Mr seun sir whoever is d moderator dat brought dis thread to front page should b queried.However I will like to appreciate some moderators who are painstakingly doing dat job without any iota of unprofessionalism! Dis sir is my humble submission
Why is it that some of you are fond of seeking unnecesary attention? Must you comment to all threads with your grammatical blunders?
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by omenziate(m): 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
Q. Craw craw dey bisi ynash?
A. Craw craw dey bisi ynash

Q Na belle Ileke-idi carry?
A Na belle ileke-idi carry

Q Ijeoma fail exam?
A. Ijeoma fail exam
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by ogochukwunasa1: 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
masperano: Pls wat is d meaning of this! In as much I aint an active nairalander threads like dis futher discourages me frm being active on nairaland! Mr seun sir whoever is d moderator dat brought dis thread to front page should b queried.However I will like to appreciate some moderators who are painstakingly doing dat job without any iota of unprofessionalism! Dis sir is my humble submission
go n get a life''''' mo.ron
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by omenziate(m): 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2012

Ogbeni, kindly Stfu, na ur money seun use open nairaland? U no see Tonto dike story go read abi?
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
PosCaricature :
Why is it that some of you are fond of seeking unnecesary attention? Must you comment to all threads with your grammatical blunders?
are u ok?
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by nwa4me(f): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
Q ♌ǻ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ e b?
A ♌ǻ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ e b
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Onyenna(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2012
Kslib: Q::: Na garri be dis?
A:::: na garri be dis oh..

Q::: Garri don cost for market?
A::: garri don cost for market oh...

Q::: Garri with milk dey sweet?
A::: garri with milk dey sweet oh...

You have made my weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by chessguru1(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2012
petokey: Pidgin english is the only language where question and answer can be the same.
Eg:Q- Eba dey?
A- Eba dey..
Q- Mummy dey house?
A- Mummy dey house.

Please post your own if you are a nigerian,
Chei see old bb jist!!
Nah dis kind topic wey abraham bin dey complain give isaiah in d book of lamentations say e old pass methuselah
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by controlseven: 11:03pm On Dec 22, 2012
Dat tin dey sweet?
Dat tin dey sweet well well!
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by usdane: 11:03pm On Dec 22, 2012
Madrid go beat Man utd for UCL?
Madrid go beat Man utd for UCL
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by ipromise: 11:03pm On Dec 22, 2012
ÏƥƦơмίۑӛ u wan sleep?
I wan sleep oh.
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by surveyProf(m): 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
Wetin dey here happen?
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by aribisala0(m): 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
Gentle Naaz: guy its nt askd as question. Dia is diffrnc btw
"he is coming"(correct) n "he is coming?"(wrong)
u must learn ds. A wise man is a man hu is earger 2 learn.
U don learn?
U don learn
A foolish man is a man who thinks he knows but does not know. Rather than speak with authority of unknown provenance tell the room why it is wrong. You do not like it or don't know it does not make it wrong. That you say it is wrong does not make it so . Do dot dive into waters way beyond your depth.You'll only end up as flotsam

We can do

It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right It is wrong it is right

till 2014

So if you are NOT ABLE to tell which rule of grammar makes "He is coming?" incorrect please be quiet and let us enjoy the thread.
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Omede2u2(m): 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
Q.yam dey pot? A.yam dey pot. coolQ.yam dey pot? A.yam dey pot.
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by aribisala0(m): 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
He is here?
He is dead?
He is alive?
He is "any interrogative" ?
He is saying stuff he knows nothing about?

ARE ALL CORRECT

2 Likes

Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by normaljenny(m): 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
Wendyslim and Berem dey enjoy joystick?
Wendyslim and Berem dey enjoy joystick.
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by mrrock: 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
@plendil
He is coming ''without'' the question sign is correct.
He is coming?. Is not correct. There's something called conotation in languages. The conotation in this instance is not correct. You are only saying that because you're translating literally from pidgin.
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Emeka, na which kain tura you dey use?

Na Alao Akala toothpaste.
This one cracked me up!
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by evinduks: 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
John dey house? John dey house.
The food sweet? The food sweet.
Felix smell am? Felix smell am.
Kpomo dey the soup? Kpomo dey the soup.
Go slow dey? Go slow dey.
The rice burn? The rice burn.
Peter sleep? Peter sleep.
Teacher come? Teacher come.
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by dewize01(m): 11:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
Silly topics dey come nairaland too?
Silly topics dey come nairaland too...i mean no harm,jst passing by
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Jyde89: 11:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
JideTheBlogger: Nairaland go share christmas gift?

Nairaland go share christmas gift....
na true abi na lie?
Na true lie
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Olaone1: 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
Gentle Naaz: guy its nt askd as question. Dia is diffrnc btw
"he is coming"(correct) n "he is coming?"(wrong)
u must learn ds. A wise man is a man hu is earger 2 learn.
U don learn?
U don learn

Sorry, you are wrong
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Olaone1: 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
omo_to_dun: @ topic

That is not true. In English, for example, one may say, "Joshua gave the book to Tom," as a statement and also ask "Joshua gave the book to Tom?" as a way of confirming an assumption.

The difference is always in the tone of the sentence.

Thank you!
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Sunnibenty: 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
i won shoP
u won shop?
e don do
e don do?
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
Who be dis? Ans: Na Onye ara be dis
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Olaone1: 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Emeka, na which kain tura you dey use?

Na Alao Akala toothpaste.
grin grin
You be case, Ileke.

You and Igbo this Igbo that
Re: Pidgin: The Language Where Question & Answer Are The Same by Nightshift(m): 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2012
It's almost as if Chief Zebrudaya and Mr. Clarus Mgbeojikwe (The Masquerade) invented Pigeon-English. One can also add Countryman Bouma Erekosima(RiP) of Radio Rivers 2 FM Stereo Port -Harcourt. Those men could turn that language to your salad-dressing....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African / Endangered Languages Of Nigeria + Others / Chief Tajudeen Gbadesere Is Dead (The Eletu Odibo Of Lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.