Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,137 members, 7,953,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:40 PM

P-square Vs. D'banj - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-square Vs. D'banj (16490 Views)

P-square Vs Michael Jacking Pic / 2face Appreciate It Vs D'banj's Falling In Love / P-square vs Styl-Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2012
So the long-awaited thread is here. Time and time again this arguement has popped up in various thrrads, but I think it's time to settle who's truly the Lord of African music.

Drop your arguements (with solid facts) as to who rules the game.

Airmark and the other Koko monsters, y'all berra bring it

I'll be back with mine, for now I'll just say two heads are better than one
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by iamtheprincipal: 11:35pm On Dec 22, 2012
As for me, TuBaba rocks.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by AbdulAdam56(m): 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
2 baba was the best ever in naija music naw.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Afam4eva(m): 11:52pm On Dec 22, 2012
Psquare are the biggest Nigerian artiste at the moment. Even bigger than 2face, though don't command the respect that 1face commands.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by EzePromoe: 12:39am On Dec 23, 2012
Mtscheeeeew! Is this even an issue? P square busy body reign 2004 why D'banj made his debut song 2005. This is no issue.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Rapmaestro(m): 12:40am On Dec 23, 2012
awa ti Mr Baddo Olamide say na DBANJ

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 12:57am On Dec 23, 2012
Stats so far

Net worth:
P-square- over 700 million Naira(Nigeria's richest artistes as of now)
D'banj- 3 million dollars (about 480 million Naira)

Facebook
P-square- 172,464
D'banj- 589,901.

Twitter
P-square- 269,648
D'banj-492,---

Youtube (main songs in 2011/2012)
Chop my Money- 12,069,467
Oliver Twist- 13,205,911

Alingo- 1,116,229
Bachelor- 6,357

Total Youtube hits
P-square- over 25,000,000(highest in Africa)
D'banj- ---.

Arguments like it's IDJA/Akon/Kanye are not allowed.

Please note, the topic is who rules AFRICA.

That being said, here are some pics from P-suare's concerts in Rwanda, Zim and Ghana

Videos are allowed too, only for performances in Africa, no digressions please

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by airmark(m): 1:02am On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: So the long-awaited thread is here. Time and time again this arguement has popped up in various thrrads, but I think it's time to settle who's truly the Lord of African music.

Drop your arguements (with solid facts) as to who rules the game.

Airmark and the other Koko monsters, y'all berra bring it

I'll be back with mine, for now I'll just say two heads are better than one

Let's go global, cos thats the in-thing. Dbanj got 4 nominations at WORLD MUSIC AWARD 2012 though it has been postponed. How many has Psquare got at the WORLD MUSIC AWARD, since they have been singing? That question is a pointer as to who is bigger at the moment.
Just compare and contrast the awards collected by the two of them.

PSQUARE GLOBALLY RESPECTED AWARDS

2007 Channel O Music Video Awards - Best Duo or Group
2008 Channel O Music Video Awards
Best Duo or Group
Video of the Year ("Do Me"wink
MTV Africa Music Awards 2008 - Best Group
MTV Africa Music Awards 2009 - Best Group
2010 KORA Awards - Artiste of the Year
2012 Channel O Music Video Awards - Best Duo, Group or Featuring Music Video ("Chop My Money" with Akon and May D)

DBANJ GLOBALLY RECOGNISED AWARDS

Most Promising Male Artist - KORA All African Awards 2005
Best African Act MTV Europe Music Awards 2007
Best Special Effects - 2007 Channel O Music Video Awards(“Why Me”)
Artist of the Year - MTV Africa Music Awards 2008
Best Male MTV Africa Music Awards 2008
Listeners Choice - MTV Africa Music Awards 2008
Artist of the Year - MTV Africa Music Awards 2009
Best International Act - Africa BET Awards 2011
Best African Act – MOBO Awards 2012
Channel O Most Gifted Male Video of the Year Award 2012
Best African Act MTV Europe Music Awards 2012

It will interest you that any category Psquare and Dbanj are nominated, Dbanj always win the category. Take for example at the M.O.B.O awards 2012, Dbanj dusted them to win the BEST AFRICAN ACT. That was not the first time, he did same to them by winning ARTIST OF THE YEAR at MTV Africa Music Awards 2008.

Psquare has never won BET and MOBO awards in their singing carreer.
This is enough for non-sentimental heads to judge. cheers

5 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 1:10am On Dec 23, 2012
airmark:

Let's go global, cos thats the in-thing. Dbanj got 4 nominations at WORLD MUSIC AWARD 2012 though it has been postponed. How many has Psquare got at the WORLD MUSIC AWARD, since they have been singing? That question is a pointer as to who is bigger at the moment.
Just compare and contrast the awards collected by the two of them.

PSQUARE GLOBALLY RESPECTED AWARDS

2007 Channel O Music Video Awards - Best Duo or Group
2008 Channel O Music Video Awards
Best Duo or Group
Video of the Year ("Do Me"wink
MTV Africa Music Awards 2008 - Best Group
MTV Africa Music Awards 2009 - Best Group
2010 KORA Awards - Artiste of the Year
2012 Channel O Music Video Awards - Best Duo, Group or Featuring Music Video ("Chop My Money" with Akon and May D)

DBANJ GLOBALLY RECOGNISED AWARDS

Most Promising Male Artist - KORA All African Awards 2005
Best African Act MTV Europe Music Awards 2007
Best Special Effects - 2007 Channel O Music Video Awards(“Why Me”)
Artist of the Year - MTV Africa Music Awards 2008
Best Male MTV Africa Music Awards 2008
Listeners Choice - MTV Africa Music Awards 2008
Artist of the Year - MTV Africa Music Awards 2009
Best International Act - Africa BET Awards 2011
Best African Act – MOBO Awards 2012
Channel O Most Gifted Male Video of the Year Award 2012
Best African Act MTV Europe Music Awards 2012

It will interest you that any category Psquare and Dbanj are nominated, Dbanj always win the category. Take for example at the M.O.B.O awards 2012, Dbanj dusted them to win the BEST AFRICAN ACT. That was not the first time, he did same to them by winning ARTIST OF THE YEAR at MTV Africa Music Awards 2008.

Psquare has never won BET and MOBO awards in their singing carreer.
This is enough for non-sentimental heads to judge. cheers
if you can't read, find the closest person that can to read to you...if you want to go global, open your own thread...the topic is based on Africa, not places like London wey Yoruba people done overtake dey hype una person....don't derail abeg

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by airmark(m): 1:15am On Dec 23, 2012
^^^ Aint derailing anything, read those awards they are for african artistes and dbanj beat your twins hands down. I knew you would like to throw the ethnic sh!!t that was why i did n't include Nigerian awards. Channel O, MTV, KORA , BET have turned yoruba stuffs? You sounded rediculous, sincerely

5 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 1:21am On Dec 23, 2012
airmark: ^^^ Aint derailing anything, read those awards they are for african artistes and dbanj beat your twins hands down. I knew you would like to throw the ethnic sh!!t that was why i did n't include Nigerian awards. Channel O, MTV, KORA , BET have turned yoruba stuffs? You sounded rediculous, sincerely
p-square's awards are limited cos they are a duo, groups aren't nominated in many cats...and even when they are, well...you can tell me how many groups win awards to begin with...

Is that your only arguement? Gimme something else. Shakespeare didn't need awards to be the most recognised writer of all time.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by kay29000(m): 1:26am On Dec 23, 2012
P SQUARE rule africa hands-down, but D Banj is light-years ahead of them when it comes to global achievements.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by airmark(m): 1:27am On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: p-square's awards are limited cos they are a duo, groups aren't nominated in many cats...and even when they are, well...you can tell me how many groups win awards to begin with...

Is that your only arguement? Gimme something else. Shakespeare didn't need awards to be the most recognised writer of all time.

Bring a better defence, dearie. They won as best African artiste of the year 2010 in KORA awards. Not once were they nominated along with Dbanj, and he floored them in BET and MTV awards. Excuse of a bad worksman.

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by RickyRoss1(m): 6:10am On Dec 23, 2012
Psquare rocks, and Psquare is by far bigger and most recognized artiste in Africa at this moment.
Dbanj won everything he got under Don Jazzy, his last hit song is oliver twist which is a Don Jazzy product.
Now we have been waiting for the almighty Dbanj to give us hit song since they parted ways but all we got is crap songs like oyato etc.

Meanwhile, so many Africans are learning Igbo language bc of Psquare. I cant count how many peeps from Ghana and Liberia that keeps calling me daily to translate some Psquare songs for them.

1. WEALTH: Psquare wins hands down
2. TALENT: Psquare wins hands down
3. MANNERS: PSquare wins hands down
4. SWAG/GOOD LOOKS: Square wins hands down
5. ALBUM SALES: Psuqre wins hands down
6. GOOD MUSIC: Pquare wins hands down
7. NUMBER OF AWARDS WON: Dbanj has won more
8. REPUTATION: PSquare wins hands down. Dbanj and Jazzy are 419 scammers, they made their money tru equity line of credit scam, every Nigerian in London knows this fact. People respect them bc after they made their 3 million pounds racket they relocated to Nigeria to establish their record label.

All in all, these are Nigerian stars, though they wont share their money with me and you but am happy for them and I pray they go far than this.
Small American rats like Lil Wayne makes over 50 million dollars yearly by singing crap and calling women biitches. I cant wait to see our stars make half of this money per year. So far Psquare seems to be on course. Even Whizkid was said to have made 1 million dollars this year from album sales which is not bad at all.

3 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by RickyRoss1(m): 6:13am On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: Stats do far

Net worth:
P-square- over 700 million Naira(Nigeria's richest artistes as of now)
D'banj- 30 million dollars (about 480 million Naira)

Facebook
P-square- 172,464
D'banj- 589,901.

Twitter
P-square- 269,648
D'banj-492,---

Youtube (main songs in 2011/2012)
Chop my Money- 12,069,467
Oliver Twist- 13,205,911

Alingo- 1,116,229
Bachelor- 6,357

Total Youtube hits
P-square- over 25,000,000(highest in Africa)
D'banj- ---.

Arguments like it's IDJA/Akon/Kanye are not allowed.

Please note, the topic is who rules AFRICA.

That being said, here are some pics from P-suare's concerts in Rwanda, Zim and Ghana

Videos are allowed too, only for performances in Africa, no digressions please

Bros edit your post: 30 million dollars is 4.8 BILLION naira or even more...
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by charlesopp(m): 7:25am On Dec 23, 2012
Psquare D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shut down africa wasteland lik liberia and co, dbanj is shuttin it down all ova the worldperformin alongside major artiste...dts say it all...hehehehheh..I laff in swahili

4 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Rapmaestro(m): 7:51am On Dec 23, 2012
I dnt knw abt dier awards or wealth,i just thnk DBANJ has been doin gr8(wit or witout JAZZY).. PSQUARE too re doing gr8,if i were you,i wouldn't match dm 2geda(duo nd single act).LET PSQUARE PICK ON SOME1 DIER OWN SIZE

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 8:14am On Dec 23, 2012
Rap maestro: I dnt knw abt dier awards or wealth,i just thnk DBANJ has been doin gr8(wit or witout JAZZY).. PSQUARE too re doing gr8,if i were you,i wouldn't match dm 2geda(duo nd single act).LET PSQUARE PICK ON SOME1 DIER OWN SIZE
there isn't anyone their own size, Bracket I'd the only other Nigerian group and there are no arguments there. It's always been P-square vs. D'banj
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 8:16am On Dec 23, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Bros edit your post: 30 million dollars is 4.8 BILLION naira or even more...
first off, I'm not a bros...will re calculate and check for more info (there's barely any precise info on networth for them both, but P-square is richer.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Abagworo(m): 10:54am On Dec 23, 2012
D'banj only has one album which is "The Entertainer". That "Tongolo" was crap. P-square has only 2 albums "Get Squared" and "Game Over". Tuface has 4 albums "Face2face", "Grass to Grace", "Unstoppable(international)" and "Away and Beyond". The original "Unstoppable" was crap. Anyone can judge.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Rapmaestro(m): 11:10am On Dec 23, 2012
Abagworo: D'banj only has one album which is "The Entertainer". That "Tongolo" was crap. P-square has only 2 albums "Get Squared" and "Game Over". Tuface has 4 albums "Face2face", "Grass to Grace", "Unstoppable(international)" and "Away and Beyond". The original "Unstoppable" was crap. Anyone can judge.
Hey,how many albums hav u gotten,dat u re callin odas crap...
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2012
Abagworo: D'banj only has one album which is "The Entertainer". That "Tongolo" was crap. P-square has only 2 albums "Get Squared" and "Game Over". Tuface has 4 albums "Face2face", "Grass to Grace", "Unstoppable(international)" and "Away and Beyond". The original "Unstoppable" was crap. Anyone can judge.
and what are 'Invasion' and 'Danger'? Singles? By the way, Invasion was one of the fastest-selling albums of the year...I'm not even aware of 2face's albums cos it doesn't have general appeal...never sells out (maybe the first did)
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by RickyRoss1(m): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: first off, I'm not a bros...will re calculate and check for more info (there's barely any precise info on networth for them both, but P-square is richer.

You dont understand. I am not arguing the fact that Psquare is richer. I wanted you to do your calculations well.
If you say Dbanj is worth 30 million dollars that equals to 4.8 BILLION NAIRA and not 480 million Naira as you stated.
If Dbanjs net-worth is 480 million Naira then it should be 3 million Dollars, NOT 30 MILLION DOLLARS.
And if Psquare is worth 700 Million Naira that is 5 million dollars or thereabout.
Do your calculations well. Million and Billion is not the same

1 Like

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Abagworo(m): 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: and what are 'Invasion' and 'Danger'? Singles? By the way, Invasion was one of the fastest-selling albums of the year...I'm not even aware of 2face's albums cos it doesn't have general appeal...never sells out (maybe the first did)

Where do you live? Maybe you mean club hits and not classic albums. If you mean club hits then Davido, Inyanya, Wizkid, Terry G and Timaya are the best of 2012. Sales is dependent on commercialization and not quality. If you check the albums I listed, you can play from tracks 1 to the last with only 1 or 2 skips. In recent years Flavour N'abania seems to be doing more classic albums than these artists.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Rapmaestro(m): 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dis ur discussion wnt bring down dier money or fame or raise it higher,it cant also do u gud... My prayer is may my name b argued upon by many lips(or shld i say finger(s) in dis case)..4 gud..e.g,his he richer dan BILL GATE AMEN
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by emmabowin(m): 5:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
D'banj is currently d biggest artist in Africa. Now remember d'banj doesn't make money from music alone,he's also a businessman,(koko water,foam,garri,db records,tv reality,club e.t.c)anoda dangote in d makin.if there's anyone that is worth as much as d koko master himself,it has to be 2face not psquare.

2 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
Abagworo:

Where do you live? Maybe you mean club hits and not classic albums. If you mean club hits then Davido, Inyanya, Wizkid, Terry G and Timaya are the best of 2012. Sales is dependent on commercialization and not quality. If you check the albums I listed, you can play from tracks 1 to the last with only 1 or 2 skips. In recent years Flavour N'abania seems to be doing more classic albums than these artists.
We're blacks, the whole classic thing doesn't blend with us, people like to dance and forget their sorrows...that being said, P-square's albums aren't exactly filled with club bangers are they? Possibility came out of Danger album, it wasn't a club banger, I love you was from same album, not a club banger...Me and m brother, not club banger, Beautiful Onyinye sounds like a serenade, both are from Invasion, and it doesn't matter when you play those songs, now or in two years, it will still be beautiuful and memorable, so what are you saying bout club bangers? I'm telling you P-square's albums sell out ALWAYS, you're talking 'classic' music, do tell what's classic bout anything LMFAO releases or even Gangnam style that's gone viral.

Abi is it until you do funeral song that your album can be considered worth it's salt?

2 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by alaoeri: 8:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
Chai imagine oh both Psquare & Dbanj are busy raking in millions & some ppl that they don't even know are here busy discussing about their success, abeg baba God in the nearest future let ppl be discussing about my success like this.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by Abagworo(m): 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2012
safarigirl: We're blacks, the whole classic thing doesn't blend with us, people like to dance and forget their sorrows...that being said, P-square's albums aren't exactly filled with club bangers are they? Possibility came out of Danger album, it wasn't a club banger, I love you was from same album, not a club banger...Me and m brother, not club banger, Beautiful Onyinye sounds like a serenade, both are from Invasion, and it doesn't matter when you play those songs, now or in two years, it will still be beautiuful and memorable, so what are you saying bout club bangers? I'm telling you P-square's albums sell out ALWAYS, you're talking 'classic' music, do tell what's classic bout anything LMFAO releases or even Gangnam style that's gone viral.

Abi is it until you do funeral song that your album can be considered worth it's salt?

So you believe PSY is a better artist than Alicia Keys or better rapper than Kendrick Lemar and Meek Mill. Infact Gangnam style is the best song of all time because it has a billion youtube views. I laugh in Korean.
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by safarigirl(f): 10:51am On Dec 24, 2012
Abagworo:

So you believe PSY is a better artist than Alicia Keys or better rapper than Kendrick Lemar and Meek Mill. Infact Gangnam style is the best song of all time because it has a billion youtube views. I laugh in Korean.
I don't believe he's the best, in fact, I think he's a one-hit wonder...but that doesn't make the song any less of a hit..Alicia Keys and co. Haven't been able to garner a billion hits despite all their class, but some Korean dude comes from nowhere and steals the shine for a song and dance I find quite silly...doesn't that say something?
Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by odizzy: 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2012
safarigirl: if you can't read, find the closest person that can to read to you...if you want to go global, open your own thread...the topic is based on Africa, not places like London wey Yoruba people done overtake dey hype una person....don't derail abeg
sharap jor, small tiny brat wetn u sabi, hate him or luv him(dbanj) his movin up nd u cnt stp hm

3 Likes

Re: P-square Vs. D'banj by odizzy: 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
safarigirl: and what are 'Invasion' and 'Danger'? Singles? By the way, Invasion was one of the fastest-selling albums of the year...I'm not even aware of 2face's albums cos it doesn't have general appeal...never sells out (maybe the first did)
see d reason y i call u small goat wit frog brain, hw dia u talk abt 2face's album lyk dat, com, no cari dbanj n p2 argument near 2baba o, mek matured ppl lyk me no break ur head o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need These Old Songs Urgently ! / Lyrics: Woju By Kiss Daniel / The Best Nigerian Love Song Ever!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.