Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Help: Will This Country Get Better? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help: Will This Country Get Better? (767 Views)

Rape a Child in My Country & get your Joystick cut off-Indonesia President / When Will This Country Get Leaders That Care For Their People / When Will This Country Get Leaders That Care For Their People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Will This Country Get Better? by emiemi(f): 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2008
I'm really sad over the issues plaguing this country. Every where you turn, you find decadence and then u tend to ask 'will it ever get better?' Consider the power sector, oil and gas, fuel price, education (tuition), accidents, diseases, preventable deaths, hunger, prostitution on campuses, female bankers being lured into prostitution in order to keep their jobs, fake products being imported by my 'igbo' brothers, POLICE shocked, NASS (corruption in high places), I can go on and on. Pls don't get me wrong, I'm not a pessimist, but i would appreciate if you can profer workable solutions to the above problems.
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by dont8(m): 1:21am On Feb 22, 2008
we should pray to GOD
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Feb 22, 2008
emiemi:

I'm really sad over the issues plaguing this country. Every where you turn, you find decadence and then u tend to ask 'will it ever get better?' Consider the power sector, oil and gas, fuel price, education (tuition), accidents, diseases, preventable deaths, hunger, prostitution on campuses, female bankers being lured into prostitution in order to keep their jobs, fake products being imported by my 'igbo' brothers, POLICE shocked, NASS (corruption in high places), I can go on and on. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not a pessimist, but i would appreciate if you can profer workable solutions to the above problems.

Are you in Nigeria
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by Nobody: 4:53am On Feb 22, 2008
Of course it will cheesy cool
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by Encomium(m): 2:14am On Feb 25, 2008
It will, but don't forget that our destiny is not tied with Nigerian government or the country but fully to the Almighty God. Continue to pray without ceasing.
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by amsky(m): 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2008
Yes my dear,Nigeria will be better some day. The Lord is on the throne. Don't despair,everything will okay.
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by emiemi(f): 2:08pm On Feb 29, 2008
amsky:

Yes my dear,Nigeria will be better some day. The Lord is on the throne. Don't despair,everything will okay.
Prayer is the key. Is it the only solution to the problems of this nation? Remember faith without works is useless.
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by Scarlett(f): 5:50pm On Feb 29, 2008
Since i got back to Nigeria, i was doubly convinced that only two things are wrong
with this country, One, NEPA and two, Drivers.
its really appalling, its the reason why Nigerians would rather live abroad in dreadful conditions
atleast, they get power whenever they pay for it!

I heard that the israeli will help in the issue of power, but i know my dear Nigerians. . . . . . .
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by Blatant: 5:54pm On Feb 29, 2008
Encomium:

It will, but don't forget that our destiny is not tied with Nigerian government or the country but fully to the Almighty God. Continue to pray without ceasing.

Dont be silly.

You expect God to come down from heaven to stop you from destroying your own country?

The problem with Nigeria is NIGERIANS. Every Nigerian forgets about the country's problems when they are in positions but as soon as they are out of office, they remember that the country is in a bad shape.

Tell your brother to stop collecting bribes; tell your brother to stop driving on the wrong side of the road; tell your friends to stop stealing what does not belong to them; tell your parents to return looted government properties/funds; tell yourself you'll never do anything to undermine Nigeria again

I can go on and on
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by almondjoy(f): 4:59pm On Mar 02, 2008
emiemi:

I'm really sad over the issues plaguing this country. Every where you turn, you find decadence and then u tend to ask 'will it ever get better?' Consider the power sector, oil and gas, fuel price, education (tuition), accidents, diseases, preventable deaths, hunger, prostitution on campuses, female bankers being lured into prostitution in order to keep their jobs, fake products being imported by my 'igbo' brothers, POLICE shocked, NASS (corruption in high places), I can go on and on. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not a pessimist, but i would appreciate if you can profer workable solutions to the above problems.

Using Nairaland, are there any indications that the country will get better? Please do not hold your breath. When I see the actual indicators that the country has the "potentials" to get better, I will let you know. All we can do right now is enjoy the curse of the black skin!
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by brownbonno(m): 5:20pm On Mar 02, 2008
@almondjoy,

You almost let me down with this post.
I have been one of your admirers for months, for 2 reasons-where u come from(Bode) and the quality of your intelligence.
Don;t under rate your capability  your intelligence plus other fellow nairalanders can impact a change in Nigeria.
We need a social networking forum like Nairaland  as a medium to influence a change in Nigeria.
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by emiemi(f): 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Are you in Nigeria
I am but what has that got to do with the topic?
Re: Help: Will This Country Get Better? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2008
what y'all praying for? you guys should know the World aint getting better,even America aint getting better. Just live your life well until you die.

(1) (Reply)

Musharraf Foes Triumph At Polls / One Day in Office / This Is Serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.