Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. (1720 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 24, 2012
So I'm a christian.
I get on the poles at the club. I shake what my mama gave me.
My cross pendant jiggles between my breast while I dance all over the boys.
But I'm still a christian, don't judge me.
I'm part of my church's choir.
I talk to my pastor long after church hours (You know, so that the extra anointing oil does not go to waste).
I pray 6 times a day, 20 mins per prayer.
Read my Bible 7 times a day, 20 mins in length

That's enough about me.

I have a dilemma.

Well, I had a dilemma.

None of my christian buddies came to help me.

An atheist friend did. My christian buddies turned on me.

Should I still see this as God's intervention? Why would God send an atheist to help me?

Why not another christian buddy?
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by AtheistD(m): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
So I'm a christian.
I get on the poles at the club. I shake what my mama gave me.
My cross pendant jiggles between my breast while I dance all over the boys.
But I'm still a christian, don't judge me.
I'm part of my church's choir.
I talk to my pastor long after church hours (You know, so that the extra anointing oil does not go to waste).
I pray 6 times a day, 20 mins per prayer.
Read my Bible 7 times a day, 20 mins in length

That's enough about me.

I have a dilemma.

Well, I had a dilemma.

None of my christian buddies came to help me.

An atheist friend did. My christian buddies turned on me.

Should I still see this as God's intervention? Why would God send an atheist to help me?

Why not another christian buddy?

What type of help are we talking about?
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by autumnflower(f): 8:47am On Dec 24, 2012
You practice without knowing why you do, just because your born into it. I am not a christain, a muslim..
One of the problem is most people follow blindly, without understanding what they are and why they are doing so.
What you should do is go back to the bases with an open heart, and ask why christainity, why did I choose this religion.. Research and investigate..

As for your issue, God brought us to this world to dwell with one another, let's not forget he created us all. So, He has no issues with anybody, TILL you return to Him.. That's why there a heven and hell.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2012
^^^^ we know we know go straight to the point , she must become Muslim right? grin grin grin you guys are funny ,anyway in term of follow-follow u guys are the best grin grin grin
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2012
drop those Christians stuffs my dear Ileke undecided..SANGO AND OFA ARE THERE STOP WORSHIPING THE WHITE MAN grin grin grin. cool cool
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 24, 2012
autumn.flower:
You practice without knowing why you do, just because your born into it. I am not a christain, a muslim..
One of the problem is most people follow blindly, without understanding what they are and why they are doing so.
What you should do is go back to the bases with an open heart, and ask why christainity, why did I choose this religion.. Research and investigate..

As for your issue, God brought us to this world to dwell with one another, let's not forget he created us all. So, He has no issues with anybody, TILL you return to Him.. That's why there a heven and hell.

Ma'am, I said no judging.
As a Christian lady, I see nothing wrong with how I behave as long as I ASK FOR FORGIVENESS. My pastor told me so.
Isn't that what all we theist do nowadays?

If my Christian pipu failed to help, why should I believe God sent an atheist to help me? My atheist buddy had me questioning this religion.
Must we follow a religion to be spiritually fulfilled? Must we follow a congregation to be morally sustained?
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: drop those Christians stuffs my dear Ileke undecided..SANGO AND OFA ARE THERE STOP WORSHIPING THE WHITE MAN grin grin grin. cool cool

I can't just drop it like that. cry
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 24, 2012
Atheist:-D:

What type of help are we talking about?

Should christian still perceive a helpful atheist as a favor from God? As God "opening the door"?
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I can't just drop it like that. cry
yaaa i feel u i'm trying to drop but my parents just don't want to let me go my way--------> TRADITIONAL RELIGION/PAGANISM
so u be protestant? grin grin grin
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 24, 2012
Nothing wrong with this:

[img]http://purefnevyl.files./2007/05/stripper.gif[/img]

As long as I pray afterwards.

Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: yaaa i feel u i'm trying to drop but my parents just don't want to let me go my way--------> TRADITIONAL RELIGION/PAGANISM
so u be protestant? grin grin grin

LOL You're still a little bobo nau. *pinches his cheek*

Na wa, we Christians are so divided sha. Which one is Lutheran vs Anglican vs Protestants vs Seventh Day Adventists vs. . . .
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 24, 2012
that's kinda hypocrite undecided undecided
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by AtheistD(m): 9:02am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Should christian still perceive a helpful atheist as a favor from God? As God "opening the door"?

I get the point lol.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: that's kinda hypocrite undecided undecided

Not really.

My sins are forgiven once I genuflect to pray.

God holds no grudges. He's a kind and forgiving man.

My slate is clean. My sins are forgiven.

Even tho we Christians have become so lax in practicing our faith, we are still loved.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL You're still a little bobo nau. *pinches his cheek*

Na wa, we Christians are so divided sha. Which one is Lutheran vs Anglican vs Protestants vs Seventh Day Adventists vs. . . .
EVEN MUSLIMS. M YET TO SEE A RELIGION WHICH ISN'T DIVIDED ....i USED TO TEASE MY PROTESTANTS COUSINS LOL grin grin grin
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: EVEN MUSLIMS. M YET TO SEE A RELIGION WHICH ISN'T DIVIDED ....i USED TO TEASE MY PROTESTANTS COUSINS LOL grin grin grin

Please don't tease us. We do not joke with our religion
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by autumnflower(f): 9:12am On Dec 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^^^^ we know we know go straight to the point , she must become Muslim right? grin grin grin you guys are funny ,anyway in term of follow-follow u guys are the best grin grin grin
Where did I say she must become a muslim?
Ileke-IdI:

Ma'am, I said no judging.
As a Christian lady, I see nothing wrong with how I behave as long as I ASK FOR FORGIVENESS. My pastor told me so.
Isn't that what all we theist do nowadays?

If my Christian pipu failed to help, why should I believe God sent an atheist to help me? My atheist buddy had me questioning this religion.
Must we follow a religion to be spiritually fulfilled? Must we follow a congregation to be morally sustained?
Sorry you feel that way, wasn't my intention. My point is know why you are a christain!

Have you thought of it this way.
God sent him/her to you so that you show him/her that there a God!? And not you doubting the existence of one.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Please don't tease us. We do not joke with our religion
lol ,protestants are weird grin grin grin
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 24, 2012
autumn.flower:

thats why i said go straigh to the point wink grin grin
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 24, 2012
autumn.flower:

Sorry you feel that way, wasn't my intention. My point is know why you are a christain!

Have you thought of it this way.
God sent him to you so that you show him/her that there a god!? And not you doubting the existence of one.

God sent a man who does not believe in his existence to show me that he exists? shocked shocked

But I already beyieve.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: lol ,protestants are weird grin grin grin

Did you get my answer? grin
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

[s]LOL You're still a little bobo nau. *pinches his cheek*
[/s]
angry angry angry grin grin grin. i used to hate protestants , i thought it was a kind of rebellious sect, esp because most of the protestants churches i knew back then was full in the night with people singing like there is no tomorrow.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by autumnflower(f): 9:19am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

God sent a man who does not believe in his existence to show me that he exists? shocked shocked

But I already beyieve.

Read my post again
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Did you get my answer? grin
answer to what?
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2012
i though catholics were superiors lol grin grin what a funny kid i was grin grin grin
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: angry angry angry grin grin grin. i used to hate protestants , i thought it was a kind of rebellious sect, esp because most of the protestants churches i knew back then was full in the night with people singing like there is no tomorrow.

Lol.

Some of us are real annoying tho. There was one time I got chased down the street by 2 Jehovah Witnesses. Crazy!!

Carrying Bible around like it's a freaking weapon.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i though catholics were superiors lol grin grin what a funny kid i was grin grin grin

Catholics are superior.

We have the mother Mary statue and Jesus' cross in our church.

Some call them idols, but we call them a symbol of faith smiley
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: answer to what?
Check your mafia inbox
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 24, 2012
autumn.flower:

Read my post again

I don't get you, angeli mi.
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Check your mafia inbox
gimme 10min undecided
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Catholics are superior.

We have the mother Mary statue and Jesus' cross in our church.

Some call them idols, but we call them a symbol of faith smiley
are u catholic? if yes why do you use the word "pastor" undecided only protestants use this word in my country , i assume it is the same everywhere tho undecided
Re: An Atheist Helps A Christian. . . . .Different Perspectives. by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: are u catholic? if yes why do you use the word "pastor" undecided only protestants use this word in my country , i assume it is the same everywhere tho undecided

Priest, Pastor, father etc, we're all one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Letter To Pastor Chris By 'tosin Ayo (the Word Bank) / What's Your Church 2014 Motto/watchword. / I Don't Believe In Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.