Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram (27655 Views)

US To Send Soldiers To Nigeria: New York Times / Kwankwaso Dares GEJ:“Send Soldiers You Deploy For Elections To Sambisa Forest / GEJ To Send Soldiers To Mali To Fight Islamist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by citizenisb: 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
WASHINGTON (AP) — A U.S. Army brigade will begin sending small teams into as many as 35 African nations early next year, part of an intensifying Pentagon effort to train countries to battle extremists and give the U.S. a ready and trained force to dispatch to Africa if crises requiring the U.S. military emerge.

The teams will be limited to training and equipping efforts, and will not be permitted to conduct military operations without specific, additional approvals from the secretary of defense.
The sharper focus on Africa by the U.S. comes against a backdrop of widespread insurgent violence across North Africa, and as the African Union and other nations discuss military intervention in northern Mali.

The terror threat from al-Qaida linked groups in Africa has been growing steadily, particularly with the rise of the extremist Islamist sect Boko Haram in Nigeria. Officials also believe that the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, which killed the ambassador and three other Americans, may have been carried out by those who had ties to al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb.

http://news.yahoo.com/army-teams-going-africa-terror-threat-grows-082214765.html

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by citizenisb: 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2012
Gen. Carter Ham, the top U.S. commander in Africa, noted that the brigade has a small drone capability that could be useful in Africa. But he also acknowledged that he would need special permission to tap it for that kind of mission.

"If they want them for (military) operations, the brigade is our first sourcing solution because they're prepared," said Gen. David Rodriguez, the head of U.S. Army Forces Command. "But that has to go back to the secretary of defense to get an execute order."
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Orpelin: 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2012
Nigeria Army dont allow dem pls.
Nigeria govt dont permit dem ooo
Nigeria President, this is not good if U KNOW that.
NASS pls take action if the current GCFR wont repel dem.

12 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by citizenisb: 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
JamesR • 18 mins ago

"It's not about a terror threat. It's all about minerals and the U.S. ruling elite wants to get them before the Chinese do so we put our soldiers on top of those minerals".

8 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Orpelin: 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
Nigeria Army dont allow dem pls.
Nigeria govt dont permit dem ooo
Nigeria President, this is not good if U KNOW that.
NASS pls take action if the current GCFR holder wont repel dem.

2 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by iamtheprincipal: 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
Much awaited.

2 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by confusion247(m): 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
This is a welcomed development. They should come with drones and many missiles. Boko haram should be ready to welcome them in northern Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by strangest(m): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2012
hope they can differentiate between the north and the rest of the country

41 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
Smh.

Let them fight their own Battles.

These are the Same Nigerians who call us Akata, and Brag about selling us as Slaves, for mirrors and gun powder grin
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by DANILSA(m): 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
old story
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by huninaija(f): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2012
America we don't want or need your soldiers, abi is it by force again? We all know you're still yet to tackle the insecurities affecting your country yet you want to come and tackle boko haram and knock nigeria back into a tiny village! You are all liars and scammers. What good have you done to libya after ousting gadaffi? What good have you done to iraq after ousting saddam hussy? I beg nigerians if you know what's good for your life you better protests against this disgusting vile news! sad

17 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2012
shameful
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
huni_naija: America we don't want or need your soldiers, abi is it by force again? We all know you're still yet to tackle the insecurities affecting your country yet you want to come and tackle boko haram and knock nigeria back into a tiny village! You are all liars and scammers. What good have you done to libya after ousting gadaffi? What good have you done to iraq after ousting saddam hussy? I beg nigerians if you know what's good for your life you better protests against this disgusting vile news! sad

......Feisty One tongue

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by fittty(m): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
grin
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by k2039: 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
America had better face the issue confronting her country, The FG knows the solution to the BH menance, just doesn't want to act.

5 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by mmmustapha(m): 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
If US soldiers enter Naija, I go leave 4 Ghana coz dis Us soldiers r worse dan BH in killing innocent soul

7 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by kingpinwon: 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
If they are the solution to this deadly, illitrates, nincompu who tagged themselves Boko Harams, let them come in as soon as possible.. GEJ should think about it well though.

2 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by omenziate(m): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
Anytin to curb the killing of innocent citiizens, too much politics with dis Boko Haram menace. The Federal Government and the Northern Elite are not being completely honest on this issue.

2 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
mmmustapha: If US soldiers enter Naija, I go leave 4 Ghana coz dis Us soldiers r worse dan BH in killing innocent soul

... shocked

2 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Navalsadiq(m): 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2012
U.S:A does not have the interest of nigerians at heart oh!we pose a threath to them and these is one their mischievous plot to finally devide these country.we dont want their help.they should stay away from nigeria or else their end as nation has come.

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2012
We bring Peace,Liberty and Justice for all!! cool

[size=2pt]....While in the midst of stealing all of your oil and natural resources....[/size] wink

Free of Charge!

2 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by TableLeg(m): 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2012
Drone? hehehe ... Now that is whatsup!
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by goddyjay(m): 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2012
greAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 cheesy
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by azpekuliar: 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2012
They ain't coming to fight our battle for us, only to provide training and maybe share intelligence. Period!

3 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by RedLight1: 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2012
mmmustapha: If US soldiers enter Naija, I go leave 4 Ghana coz dis Us soldiers r worse dan BH in killing innocent soul
yeah! Thats whats the iraqis, arabs told u abt american soilders abi? If ur brothers in kilslam didnt start killing innocent people in the name of allah and mohamed.. Are we guna be talkin abt usa sending soilders here

29 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2012
For real!for real! This is the opportunity I've been waiting for,

Let me dust my traveling bag and get ready2 relocate to BH states

I need to hook up with some white meat!!

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Euroclydon(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2012
confusion247: This is a welcomed development. They should come with drones and many missiles. Boko haram should be ready to welcome them in northern Nigeria.

hmmn...you barely have an idea of what u are saying....cos the ripple effect of their actions will reach you even if u are in a hole in opposite region of the north.
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by huninaija(f): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2012
The fear of africom is beginning of wisdom! Let those who have hear make them ear oo i don talk my own oo lipsrsealed
Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2012
...lol@dude wrote "kilslam"...Haha

1 Like

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
That's very good news,US hate muslims very much,i pray they come and slaughter muslims in large number,lets us c who wil cry like a babe,islam where peace bcome pieces

7 Likes

Re: US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram by Euroclydon(m): 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
strangest: hope they can differentiate between the north and the rest of the country

Nice one... I hope so too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Why Age Limit For Senate, Governorship Were Retained / How Aisha Is Stealing Show In Buhari’s ‘Next Level’ - Daily Trust / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.