Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period (8935 Views)

I Fried The Chicken And Also My Hand (photo) / Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? / Which Do You Prefer Between Chicken And Turkey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by aribisala0(m): 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
Siena:

Sorry bro, I didn't know what he meant, when he said chicken's sweeter than fish. And yeah, there's "sweet and sour" chicken, but we both know that's more of a Chinese flavour, and not a traditional Christmas cooked chicken!

Still, I now know what the "sweet" reference to chicken is, in the Nigerian sense. wink

Merry Christmas!
Well that is too bad it is a "Nigerian" expression so it is either you are not Nigerian or you are "forming" or you are on the wrong thread. If you are not Nigerian and you choose to come to a Nigerian forum then you should learn Nigeria expressions

When a Nigerian tells me he does not understand the expression "chicken is sweeter than fish" I just laugh in cluckcluck because neither the chicken nor the fish are mocked. Next thing you will tell us you don't know what "forming" means
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by tpia5: 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
overseas, fish is far more expensive than chicken.

in nigeria, fish is cheaper than chicken.

as per inferior or superior, i think the op means "preferred".
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
@aribisala does it ever occur to you that some folks don't honestly understand some Nigerian English without forming ? cos I don't understand your bad belle that's oozing out of you now...if you have issues Abeg take it to another section not over food... it's Christmas and lets not derail grin
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by aribisala0(m): 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
jidegirl12: @aribisala does it ever occur to you that some folks don't honestly understand some Nigerian English without forming ? cos I don't understand your bad belle that's oozing out of you now...if you have issues Abeg take it to another section not over food... it's Christmas and lets not derail grin

a n so A o n so B
Ta lo tu aja yin sile
tan ni aja yin gba kuru mo?

I Know naa. Someone like you cannot know the meaning of blocos abi you know?

Frozen fish,san din and geisha are cheaper than frozen chicken in Nigeria. Fresh fish in Nigeria is definitely not for the poor unless they are fishermen
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by contactlenz: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
it all about choice and class
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
aribisala0:
a n so A o n so B
Ta lo tu aja yin sile
tan ni aja yin gba kuru mo?

Come again? I've got no clue... my eyes are popping from reading that.

aribisala0:

I Know naa. Someone like you cannot know the meaning of blocos abi you know?

Frozen fish,san din and geisha are cheaper than frozen chicken in Nigeria. Fresh fish in Nigeria is definitely not for the poor unless they are fishermen

If you teach me the meaning if blockos maybe I'll learn .... also I know all those stories about fish in Naija already .... as in everything is ridiculously expensive??

Now focus bro and stop derailing .... It's not all about you!
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by aribisala0(m): 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
jidegirl12:

Come again? I've got no clue... my eyes are popping from reading that.

If you teach me the meaning if blockos maybe I'll learn .... also I know all those stories about fish in Naija already .... as in everything is ridiculously expensive??

Now focus bro and stop derailing .... It's not all about you!
Me! Teach you about blockos? You be Prof naa!
see as you even correct my misspelling.
Wetin dem wan teach Prof wey get PhD grin

Funny your remark "its not all about you" Look how many times you use the personal pronouns; I, me that should tell us who is self-obsessed
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
I give up on you.... clown!! grin grin aren't you supposed to be in bed? or you're watching NBA?
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by aribisala0(m): 11:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
jidegirl12: I give up on you.... clown!! grin grin aren't you supposed to be in bed? or you're watching NBA?
With that line of questioning I better hide my blockos before you kidnap am
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by toygod2: 12:27am On Dec 26, 2012
na mumu question be dis , i swear. @OP, d same reason u would also buy TURKEY instead of FISH
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 26, 2012
aribisala0: Well that is too bad it is a "Nigerian" expression so it is either you are not Nigerian or you are "forming" or you are on the wrong thread. If you are not Nigerian and you choose to come to a Nigerian forum then you should learn Nigeria expressions

When a Nigerian tells me he does not understand the expression "chicken is sweeter than fish" I just laugh in cluckcluck because neither the chicken nor the fish are mocked. Next thing you will tell us you don't know what "forming" means

Bud, relax, don't get your boxers in a twist - I honestly don't understand all Nigerian expressions. You learn from your parents and immediate surroundings. It's like saying all Nigerians speak their languages, which isn't true - I understand, but can't speak it.

When you're so used to something, and understand it so well, it's difficult to imagine others aren't clued up on the same. But that's wrong - you can't judge the knowledge of others based upon yours.

I picked up Pidgin English from Nairaland; prior to 2007, it was all a blur to me.

And just a bit of friendly advice - the highlighted part of your post above makes you come across as arrogant and condescending. That may not be your intention, but that's the way I see it.

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas.
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by aribisala0(m): 12:46am On Dec 26, 2012
Siena:

Bud, relax, don't get your boxers in a twist - I honestly don't understand all Nigerian expressions. You learn from your parents and immediate surroundings. It's like saying all Nigerians speak their languages, which isn't true - I understand, but can't speak it.

When you're so used to something, and understand it so well, it's difficult to imagine others aren't clued up on the same. But that's wrong - you can't judge the knowledge of others based upon yours.
R
I picked up Pidgin English from Nairaland; prior to 2007, it was all a blur to me.

And just a bit of friendly advice - the highlighted part of your post above makes you come across as arrogant and condescending. That may not be your intention, but that's the way [b]I [/b]see it.

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas.

Your lecture makes you come across as obnoxious and unbearable.

Honestly I really do not give a s.hit what you think.

I am not interestd in your biography either or where and how you acquired speech or other developmental milestones.
As in REALLY.

The guy said he thinks "chicken is sweeter than fish" and you sneered derisorily and now trying to act like you stand on some higher moral ground talking to ME about condescension.

Abeg no allow me make I provoke for you o
If you no understand "chicken sweeter than fish" make you waka pass before I show you the eye I dey take s.hit!
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 26, 2012
^^^ We'll have to agree to disagree then.
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 26, 2012
aribisala0:

Your lecture makes you come across as obnoxious and unbearable.

Honestly I really do not give a s.hit what you think.

I [/b]am not interestd in your biography either or where and how you acquired speech or other developmental milestones.
As in REALLY.

The guy said he thinks "chicken is sweeter than fish" and you sneered derisorily and now trying to act like you stand on some higher moral ground talking to ME about condescension.

Abeg no allow [b]me
make I provoke for you o
If you no understand "chicken sweeter than fish" make you waka pass before I show you the eye I dey take s.hit!

Bros on Christmas Day!.... na you dey bitter reach this level? I'm outa here mern..... no be small thing o shocked shocked
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by aribisala0(m): 1:31am On Dec 26, 2012
jidegirl12:

Bros on Christmas Day!.... na you dey bitter reach this level? I'm outa here mern..... no be small thing o shocked shocked
Aunty you when you sweet I don see am naa.

Sweet potato!

Leave the Christmas day yarn abeg.

I know you before abi I tell you say I be christian?

Nairaland many people just dey open dem mouth(and yansh) for public anyhow.
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by taheerbello: 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
becouse its the sources of protain to pple poor
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by tpia5: 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
That seems like google translate.

Which country are you from?
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Mallow: 2:56am On Dec 27, 2012
tpia@:
That seems like google translate.

Which country are you from?

Ansa d darn question granny.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Cook Delicious Achi And Okazi Soup / Daily Water Consumption In Nigeria Is N8bn / Homemade Buttermilk Recipe. How To Make Buttermilk From Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.