Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame (2323 Views)

War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari / Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by ACM10: 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
oyb: simply, put, whatever Prof Nnaji's contributions may have been, he was pushed out for corruption. in a country like China, he would probably have been executed. In nigeria we give our govt crooks soft landing

anyway to the real topic - giving this man an award is a tacit acceptance and celebration of corruption

it is also an endorsement of the practice by our govt officials who have blind trust or direct ownership in so called Private buyovers of goverment holdings.
Your position would have made much sense if Prof. Barth Nnaji was duly indicted of corruption by any court of law in Nigeria. As far as I know he is innocent until proven guilty. Provided that he is a free man with no legally proven corruption charges, he deserves all the accolades bestowed on him. Hack writers can write anything to put a dent on otherwise impeccable character of any public office holder. It does not make the charges true. I don't care if Prof. Barth gets nominated for any inconsequential award on nairaland. I only want to be on the path of fairness. You must prove to us that Prof. is indeed corrupt by citing any of his indictment of corruption charges. Until then, you are simply making noise.
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by Afam4eva(m): 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
Pataki:

Are you not using a generator to power your electricity supply right now? You mean - Stayed there longer, when he had other vested interest? Stayed there longer, when he himself was corrupt? Stayed there longer, when he was busy buying and selling spare parts to PHCN as minister of power from his company?

You really have a way of making idiocy and utter stewpeedity look very fanciful!
What a moronic dingbat...

It's people like you who think rome was built in a day. I'm a ferocious critic of Jonathan but if there's one sector that he has scored at least average in his short stint, it will be in the power sector.

At least Nnaji has left his small mark.
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by Pataki: 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva:
What a moronic dingbat...

It's people like you who think rome was built in a day. I'm a ferocious critic of Jonathan but if there's one sector that he has scored at least average in his short stint, it will be in the power sector.

At least Nnaji has left his small mark.

Aha! Your cup is full today.

Even your father would not dare to insult me in real life not to even talk of a mere cyber space! What useless generation are you from? Manner-less goat that now thinks internet is a license to throw insults about. I know you enjoy dialing idiocy at every of your post, but kindly keep it far from me.

Otherwise, I will honestly make your nairaland life miserable! wink Go and find out, I don't bear Pataki for no reason on this forum. The only commendable thing about Barth is that he resigned to save his face on time. Aside that, he is a thief and an utterly corrupt entity.

Rabid bum!
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by Afam4eva(m): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
Pataki:

Aha! Your cup is full today.

Even your father would not dare to insult me in real life not to even talk of a mere cyber space! What useless generation are you from? Manner-less goat that now thinks internet is a license to throw insults about. I know you enjoy dialing idiocy at every of your post, but kindly keep it far from me.

Otherwise, I will honestly make your nairaland life miserable! wink Go and find out, I don't bear Pataki for no reason on this forum.

Rabid bum!
No vex bros...i think i'll call it a day here.
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by ACM10: 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
Standing5: He deserves commendation for Resigning rather than go ahead to play Abuja politics as is widespread in the system but then i think he has taken too much credit for the rise in power output which was a result of high rainfall this year.
What an ldiotic comment! NL has acquired a name as the home of armchair analysts. It is on record that Prof. Barth Nnaji resigned many weeks before the height of the flooding. It is also on record that power output dropped within days of Prof. Barth Nnaji's resignation. There has been cases of flooding in the past when power output failed to rise. His success was as a result of sound energy policies he formulated. His successor is simply incompetent. Barth promised us that there would be an incremental rise in power output until we hit 6000 megawatts sometimes next year. True to his word we were steadily marching to that level until Nigerian factor sets in. Go and tell people in the neighbourhood whom their power situation improved that Barth is overrated. The problem with Nigerians is that we don't encourage the good/competent ones in our midst. Nigeria is programmed in a way to elevate incompetent/mediocres to the top.

1 Like

Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by 4chi: 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva:
No vex bros...i think i'll call it a day here.
Muhahahahahhhah!!!!!LWKMD where you dey run go? Come on .. Ibos are known for their courage and nzogbu nzogbu.you can't call it a day o. Mr arikuyeri grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by nuclearboy(m): 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
Truly glad you took the time to clarify that!

However, its on record that he was "forced" to resign because there were conflicts of interest! If there was clear evidence that he himself decided he ought not referee between himself and "himself" and thus resigned voluntarily, you'd be justified saying he wasn't indicted! As it is, for our present government to ask (absolute shock) someone to resign is indicative of horrors better unimagined!

Their business, their way - one day, the chickens will come home to roost! What matters is your cleansing yourself from that statement which had capability to "dirty" you (some of us admire you)!
berem: Am not in support of any form of corruption but using barth nnaji as an example is wrong.as long as he hasnt been indicted by any anti corruption agency,he is innocent
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by Demdem(m): 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
WTF shocked shocked shocked
So Barth is a crook shocked
Wonderful.
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by PointB: 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
Na wa o. This thread is ridiculous.

Barth's place in the history power sector transformation in Nigeria is cemented.

As a matter of fact, I think GEJ should re-call him to complete the good work he started!
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
PointB: Na wa o. This thread is ridiculous.

Barth's place in the history power sector transformation in Nigeria is cemented.

As a matter of fact, I think GEJ should re-call him to complete the good work he started!

yeah - let him award all the power contracts to geometric

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by Standing5(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
ACM10:
What an ldiotic comment! NL has acquired a name as the home of armchair analysts. It is on record that Prof. Barth Nnaji resigned many weeks before the height of the flooding. It is also on record that power output dropped within days of Prof. Barth Nnaji's resignation. There has been cases of flooding in the past when power output failed to rise. His success was as a result of sound energy policies he formulated. His successor is simply incompetent. Barth promised us that there would be an incremental rise in power output until we hit 6000 megawatts sometimes next year. True to his word we were steadily marching to that level until Nigerian factor sets in. Go and tell people in the neighbourhood whom their power situation improved that Barth is overrated. The problem with Nigerians is that we don't encourage the good/competent ones in our midst. Nigeria is programmed in a way to elevate incompetent/mediocres to the top.
How does flooding equals high rainfall? if not for the fact that you have no clue about what you are trying to talk. Did flooding contribute to your mental state you just displayed here on Nl?
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by ACM10: 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
Standing5:
How does flooding equals high rainfall? if not for the fact that you have no clue about what you are trying to talk. Did flooding contribute to your mental state you just displayed here on Nl?
You don't even know that high rainfall is a trigger factor for flooding. Do you think that flooding during rainy season occurs in isolation? I think I should leave you to wallow in your ignorance and ldiocy.
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by Standing5(m): 8:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
ACM10:
You don't even know that high rainfall is a trigger factor for flooding. Do you think that flooding during rainy season occurs in isolation? I think I should leave you to wallow in your ignorance and ldiocy.
How can you tell me what i know and what i don't! Did high rainfall cause the flood disaster experienced in Nigeria or Opening of a dam outside Nigeria? You still need alot of upgrading to do bro . . .
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by Standing5(m): 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
PointB: Na wa o. This thread is ridiculous.

Cemented indeed!!! Like Gej like Nnaji . . .
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by ACM10: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
Standing5:
How can you tell me what i know and what i don't! Did high rainfall cause the flood disaster experienced in Nigeria or Opening of a dam outside Nigeria? You still need alot of upgrading to do bro . . .
Opening of a dam outside Nigeria can only be partly blamed for flooding. How can you explain flooding of those years when the dam in Cameroon was still intact. No need to spin it with your warped logic. Give credit to whom it's due.
Re: A Person Who Quit His Job Because Of Corruption Has No Place In The Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
I will continue to say that it was because of the high profile Nigerians interested in bidding that Barth Nnnaji (A small boy to those profiles by the way) was treated like that.

Let's be honest with our selves. What has happened Alison Madueke? Isn't Madueke guilty of same thing?

There are high chances that Barth Nnaji would have manipulated the bidding process to favour his interest. I will not doubt that for a minute. But what I'm saying is this.

Barth Nnaji has performed well practically in the power sector and Alison Madueke is guilty of the same crime in the NNPC. Why haven't we forced Alison Madueke to resign?

Alison Madueke is evil!! Simply evil!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Governors Should Ignore Jonathan And Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram-arewa / The President "Has No Power To Remove A Governor" Under Emergency Rule? / ........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.