Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun (6573 Views)

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Ganduje In Caterpillar, Commissions A Road Project (Photos) / Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Nobody: 3:25am On Dec 27, 2012
The Ogun road project has led to the destruction of several property.

The massive road construction being embarked upon by the Ogun State Government has consumed the grave of the father of a former state governor, Olusegun Osoba.
The grave is located at the Ago-Oba family residence in Abeokuta South Local Government Area of the state capital.

The state government, as part of its road re-construction plan, has gone on a demolition spree, bringing down all property that are on the paths of the roads being constructed including the grave
Markets, houses, graves, etc have all been demolished in the process with the state government paying compensation where appropriate.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Mr. Osoba, governor from 1999-2003, had foreknowledge of the potential destruction of his father’s grave and had exhumed the corpse. He re-buried the corpse at his private residence located in the Government Reserved Area, Ibara, Abeokuta.

Mr. Osoba’s father died in Osogbo, Osun State, some years back, and was buried there. The former governor, while he was in office, exhumed the corpse from Osun and re-buried it in the Abeokuta family house.
By the latest re-burial, the corpse will be resting in its third burial spot.

The current State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, had announced that his administration is set to embark on massive road dualisation and re-construction across the state.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/112695-amosuns-road-project-consumes-osobas-fathers-grave-in-ogun.html
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Nobody: 3:27am On Dec 27, 2012
This governor wicked sha

the corpse will be resting in its third burial spot.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by EkoIle1: 4:02am On Dec 27, 2012
Ogun o ni baje o grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by PaulJohn1: 4:42am On Dec 27, 2012
Ogun A dara grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by olafolarin(m): 4:44am On Dec 27, 2012
If a Former Governor can be this personally affected with the road expansion going on in Ogun state, why are street traders complaining ?
Exhuming Corpse is almost a taboo in Yorubaland especially for a former state leader.
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Gbawe: 4:52am On Dec 27, 2012
olafolarin: If a Former Governor can be this personally affected with the road expansion going on in Ogun state, why are street traders complaining ?
Exhuming Corpse is almost a taboo in Yorubaland especially for a former state leader.

Amosun is a very determined dude. Cross him at your own peril.

@Topic.
The governor should keep up the good work. I can see Ogun State vastly transformed under Amosun in the next 2 years to the extent Lagosians will relocate to the State and those who left will return.
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by k2039: 5:15am On Dec 27, 2012
PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Mr. Osoba, governor from 1999-2003, had foreknowledge of the potential destruction of his father’s grave and had exhumed the corpse. He re-buried the corpse at his private residence located in the Government Reserved Area, Ibara, Abeokuta.

[color=soyouquotedme] [b] It must have taken great humility for Osoba to have accepted the move.
It's obvious Amosun isn't ready to engage in favoritism because either way you look at it Osoba is his boss to some extent, great news for Nigerian Politics.

About the corpse, I'm wondering what was being exhumed, I expected the body to have decayed by now, except they exhumed his bone
[/color]
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by baksonlee: 5:18am On Dec 27, 2012
Eko Ile: Ogun o ni baje o grin grin grin grin
Paul John: Ogun A dara grin grin

Ogun has to find its own slogan and not copy others.

Eko o ni baje
Oyo o ni daru
Osun a dara

What are the slogans for Ogun, Ekiti and Ondo
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Gbawe: 5:23am On Dec 27, 2012
Commendable also is Amosun's commitment to quality roads.

http://www.ogunstate.gov.ng/index.php/news/518-ogun-signs-n903bn-road-contracts

Ogun signs N90.3bn road contracts

The Ogun State Government today signed contracts worth over N90.3bn for the construction of 8 roads across the three Senatorial Districts of the State.

Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Arch. Olalekan Adegbite who signed on behalf of the State Government at the event witnessed by a cross section of newsmen in the State, said the roads were part of the 14 that Government had earmarked for construction at the sum of N130b

The roads according to Adegbite are 25km Ilisan-Ago Iwoye, 9km Ejirin-Oluwalogbon Junction and Sagamu 7km Benin Express junction-Oba Erinwole junction in Ogun East Senatorial District,

Others are the 4.8km Ilo-Awela Road and 60 km Ilara-Ijoun-Egua-Oja Odan Road in Ogun West senatorial District. In the Ogun Central Senatorial District, Adegbite said the 6km MKO Abiola way, 9km Ojere-Adatan Roundabout and the 8.7km Brewery junction-OGTV are also to be constructed.

Recalling that Government had earlier placed advertisement in the media inviting interested contractors to bid, the Commissioner maintained that due process was strictly followed before the four to handle the projects were selected, revealing that the period of completion varied between 18 and 24 months.

Also speaking at the contract signing ceremony, the Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Wemimo Ogunde SAN, said signing the contract in the presence of newsmen was a demonstration of government’s seriousness and commitment to the execution of its 5-cardinal programmes, saying that carrying the people along to elicit feedback remained a crucial aspect of responsive governance.

”Letting the people know what we are doing is important¸ we want to be given feedback. We want our people to know what government is doing and we want their support .”Ogunde remarked.

Responding on behalf of other contractors, Mr. Paolo Prono from Borini Prono & Co. Ltd promised that they will do their best to comply with terms of the contracts signed, build quality roads and deliver within record time.

Other successful contractors that signed at the ceremony include the China Civil Engineering Construction Company, PW Nigeria Limited and Hitech Construction Company Ltd. The event was witnessed by the Commissioners for Finance, Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs and Information and Strategy, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, Basorun Muyiwa Oladipo and Barrister Yusuph Olaniyonu respectively.
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by geeez: 5:29am On Dec 27, 2012
Why are Yoruba people so progressive?

9 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by IB5(f): 5:33am On Dec 27, 2012
baksonlee:

Eko o ni baje
Oyo o ni daru
Osun a dara

What are the slogans for Ogun, Ekiti and Ondo

Yes o, they have to find theirs
Lagos- Eko oni baje
Oyo- Oyo oni daru
Osun- Osun A dara

Ogun- ?
Ekiti-?
Ondo- ?

Senate01
Ileke-Idi
Rhino05
Answer for your respective states undecided

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by seanet01: 5:46am On Dec 27, 2012
I-B.:

Lagos- Eko oni baje
Oyo- Oyo oni daru
Osun- Osun A dara

Ogun- ?
Ekiti-?
Ondo- ?

Senate01
Ileke-Idi
Rhino05
On behalf of Ogun. It goes like this,
The man greeting you will say "Omo Ogun"
the responder will answer "Ise Ya"
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by EkoAtlantic1(f): 5:50am On Dec 27, 2012
geeez: Why are Yoruba people so progressive?

Reason gotten from omukoro community development grammar school(Aba, Abia state) search engine says:
It's their destiny. cool
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Gbawe: 6:32am On Dec 27, 2012

It is not an ethnic thing. Regions will make progress if led by proven performers with good ideas and good intentions. Inversely, regions will regress if led by criminals, brazen looters and abject mediocrities. Let us not forget that the SW stagnated badly under the PDP thus negating your "Yoruba people are progressive" yarn. We have our demons and they will destroy, pull down and regress if given power.

What I will agree we do better, and have suggested many times for others to embrace here, is being insular, minding our own business and focusing on our own deficiencies and how to address them. Others hollowly mistake this for tribalism without appreciating that being introverted is not tribalism and being extrovert does not make you liberal or detribalised. We were all the biggest daily critics of indolent and corrupt PDP administrators till a resolve and determination arose in most Yoruba folks that we must kick out the PDP.

We were all the biggest and most honest critic about what a malevolent 'Yoruba son' was doing against his own i.e Obasanjo. Those things pay off in creating a 'never again' determination in everyone. We are our own biggest critics and getting better at setting checks-and-balances for ourselves and even rejecting, more and more, the notion "my son can do no wrong". Others join us in strengthening these concepts by criticising and focusing on the SW daily and even unfairly/unnecessarily. They do not realise they do this to the detriment of their own development.

Look at what GEJ Is doing to his own region i.e regressing it via empowering and enriching an unfit militant class to take over everywhere. Do we not have SS Nairalanders who should be speaking vocally against this negative trends so that the region , in future, is not deliberately mired in the underdevelopment that will surely be delivered if unfit hands proliferates everywhere? Yet Beaf, previously the most prominent voice from that region, discussed SW affairs 24/7 here. Mischievously and with deceit for that matter as well.

This is the bane of the development of others. It is not simply that we are 'progressive'. It is mainly an exponent of "temi to mi ro" ,i.e my situation is enough for me to reflect on, to the extent I think we have now moved on to be better critics of ourselves and gotten better at maintaining tunnel vision focus on leaders to ensure they deliver. Focus on your own problems and resolve them adequately before obsessing with others. I think Yorubas are currently doing that better than others. Of course having a better class of leaders help but you gain a better class of leaders ,in the first place, if only you make a committed resolve to better your own lot by removing the worthless old leaders instead of obsessing about what other are doing.

Before the elections many of us were engaged in a deliberate campaign to ensure inept PDP leaders were voted out across the SW while I noted that others from badly led non-SW States showed no such commitment. They actually even preferred to discuss SW politics while abandoning their duty of sensitizing folks to the awful situation in their backyards. This focus on ourselves, now bearing fruit and indeed common worldwide, is what is mistaken here for "Yoruba people don't know beyond the SW" or "Yorubas are tribalist". How can we be "tribalist" given the tolerance we demonstrate on the ground that means everyone, wherever they are from, live in peace and can make progress in the SW? Is it not time we start telling ourselves the truth in Nigeria? DO folks not appreciate that tribalism = prejudice? Why is this prejudice not prevalent on the ground if the Yorubas are tribalistic? I think people just confuse being insular and being happy with every aspect of your existence to mean a dislike of others.

I have told people several times that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being insular and taking an interest in developing yourself optimally first within your own structured culture/support system and socio-economic ways of life. Doing that does not mean you don't wish others well or that you don't have any regard for them. In fact, history even supports the notion that shutting down and facing your own problem can be a very good template for securing development.

19 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by dayokanu(m): 6:38am On Dec 27, 2012

Because of the quality of leaders we voted.

Lets not forget that Long ago we were ruled by Alao-Akala, Fayose, Adedibu, OBJ, Bode George and the clueless PDP bunch. Did you see any progress then?

But when we got people who had track record of success in their chosen career into power we all saw progress

Eko o ni baje

Omo Ogun ise ya

Osun a dara

Aji sebi Oyo laari

Ekiti orisun imo

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by ijigbamigb(m): 6:40am On Dec 27, 2012
I-B.:

Lagos- Eko oni baje
Oyo- Oyo oni daru
Osun- Osun A dara

Ogun- ?
Ekiti-?
Ondo- ?

Senate01
Ileke-Idi
Rhino05

Ekiti a gbe a o...
Ondo! Ise logun ise
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Walexz02(m): 7:08am On Dec 27, 2012
Gud to hear this.. I am vry hapi there is no quarrel.. Gud job Amosun....
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by seunfly: 8:04am On Dec 27, 2012
I think Yoruba peaple are a bit realistic, they realy don't do things out of sentiment and they judge you base on your contribution. I remember during the reign of AD when Governor Bisi Akande and Lamidi Adesina both misbehaved hoping that they will ride to their second term to office on Awo's goodwill but they were suprised when peaple threw them out of office and PDP were voted in and pdp peaple also fumbled cos they think they will use power of FG and inec but they were supprised too. This is a lesson that ACN has learnt cos if they fumble CPC, APGA, LP or any political party that present credible candidate can win the next election which they can't afford to.

3 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by markus1133: 8:46am On Dec 27, 2012
should have looked first
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Slickest(m): 8:49am On Dec 27, 2012
seanet01: On behalf of Ogun. It goes like this,
The man greeting you will say "Omo Ogun"
the responder will answer "Ise Ya"
Ena wan work die ni?
Buh nt witstandn,amosun shld carry on,d man wey die slept on d wrong side of d road
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by geeez: 8:59am On Dec 27, 2012
Why are Igbos not commenting on this thread?
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2012
He re-buried the corpse at his private residence located in the Government Reserved Area, Ibara, Abeokuta.

Why must it be in a GRA...it is in Naija that only the fools(leaders) get immunity to all laws
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by earthgreeners(m): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2012
I-B.:

Lagos- Eko oni baje
Oyo- Oyo oni daru
Osun- Osun A dara

Ogun- ?
Ekiti-?
Ondo- ?

Senate01
Ileke-Idi
Rhino05

Ogun - Ise ya

Besides, the remains should be that of ''James George Osoba'' who happens to be Osoba's grand father and my own great grand father.....
***Gov Amosun, keep up the good work.......
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by santakris(m): 9:26am On Dec 27, 2012
Pictorial evidence nko?
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2012
Gbawe:

Amosun is a very determined dude. Cross him at your own peril.

@Topic.
The governor should keep up the good work. I can see Ogun State vastly transformed under Amosun in the next 2 years to the extent Lagosians will relocate to the State and those who left will return.

Gbawe, I follow your posts 'beht' this one is shallow - ogun state vastly transformed and mowe/ibafo all the way to spark-light are more of deadzones with sahara like roads or ND swamp like when dry or rainy respectively? I don't know what roads the man is fixing - his efforts are concentrated in Abeokuta and that's like doing what has already been done. Abi the places I listed are not part of Ogun state? And even if Lagosians are relocating, it is to these spots I listed not far off in Abeokuta - BS! Na so Fashola sef dey pour money for Lekki when likes of Ajegunle, Mushin etc are in shambles.

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by princemedico: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2012
geeez: Why are Igbos not commenting on this thread?
I think Igbos have commented but what you really wanted to ask is why haven't the Igbos used the thread for tribal war?
Ans: We appreciate good things and commend the former governor for acting maturely, so it is not necessary to be fighting over nothing.

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by aljharem(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2012
Ogun a dara
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by seunfly: 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by delvinmaya(m): 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ise logun ise. Na so.
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Jaideyone(m): 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
Good to know Ogun state is Working under the leadership of a good governor. Kudos to Amosun
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by Afam4eva(m): 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
What's Amosun's own with people's father's graves. He did same to Gbenga daniel's father's grave.
Re: Amosun’s Road Project Consumes Osoba’s Father’s Grave In Ogun by babybos(m): 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2012

Eko o ni baje
Oyo o ni daru
Osun a dara

What are the slogans for Ogun, Ekiti and Ondo[/quote] 0gun slogan : Omo Ogun Ise ya

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Presidency Directs INEC To Declare Sylva Winner Of Bayelsa Polls / Buhari, African Most Incompetent, Unserious And Clueless Leader – UK Study / How And Why Igbos Should Divest From Lagos To The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.