Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you (825 Views)

Drop Your Site And Get A Good Traffic Here / Your Thoughts On Pastor Tunde Bakare's Website / Picture Of My Hacked Site And How I Resolved The Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2012
the good and the bad, all comments are appreciated.

http://www.etesenghana.com
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
Is like you installed all the wordpress plugins online, cuz the site is too slow,
Since it is a free premium theme i suggest u remove all those annoying links at the footer,
The background image seems too big, why not make it static and a gif file if you must use it,
The place you placed the currency converter is so annoying, moreover what does the converter have to do with ur site
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
USarmy: Is like you installed all the wordpress plugins online, cuz the site is too slow,
Since it is a free premium theme i suggest u remove all those annoying links at the footer,
The background image seems too big, why not make it static and a gif file if you must use it,
The place you placed the currency converter is so annoying, moreover what does the converter have to do with ur site

I tried to delete the links... but now its showing me this..This theme is released under creative commons licence, all links in the footer should remain intact..thats all im seeing..
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by winexviv: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Mr knowitall.:

I tried to delete the links... but now its showing me this..This theme is released under creative commons licence, all links in the footer should remain intact..thats all im seeing..

Before you publish a website for review make sure that everything is in good shape. Here are the 3 stages in web development:
At the alpha stage you allow your friends to review your work, then you make necessary modifications and take it to beta stage where Nairalanders can review your work. After that you can now take it live.

Also, please endeavor to critically learn php so it can aid you in manoeveuring script or themes.

In this theme files their is a place the footer is requires and when its removes the error message will show. I advice you go through the template files and remove the code where footer is required.
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
winexviv:

Before you publish a website for review make sure that everything is in good shape. Here are the 3 stages in web development:
At the alpha stage you allow your friends to review your work, then you make necessary modifications and take it to beta stage where Nairalanders can review your work. After that you can now take it live.

Also, please endeavor to critically learn php so it can aid you in manoeveuring script or themes.

In this theme files their is a place the footer is requires and when its removes the error message will show. I advice you go through the template files and remove the code where footer is required.

Im in the process of rebuilding the entire site.. but im not sure if im going to use wordpress tho.
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by winexviv: 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
What is the site all about so i can advice you accordingly?
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
winexviv: What is the site all about so i can advice you accordingly?

http://etesenghanacom.ipage.com this is then new theme that im going with. Please check out and give your review of layout etc. its not published yet and i havent edited or added anything.

I want the site to be a classifieds ad site, news/blog site specifically for ghana and ghanaians abroad. And people just wanting to sell things or talk about ghana.

I appreciate all ur inputs. I paid for this theme so i dont have to deal with all the unnecessary crap..
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by winexviv: 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
Mr knowitall.:

http://etesenghanacom.ipage.com this is then new theme that im going with. Please check out and give your review of layout etc. its not published yet and i havent edited or added anything.

I want the site to be a classifieds ad site, news/blog site specifically for ghana and ghanaians abroad. And people just wanting to sell things or talk about ghana.

I appreciate all ur inputs. I paid for this theme so i dont have to deal with all the unnecessary crap..
The theme is nice but you know you still have to buy few other plugins to make it look excellent. Goodluck
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
winexviv:
The theme is nice but you know you still have to buy few other plugins to make it look excellent. Goodluck

thanks for the crash course on web development grin grin. I didnt even know i could work on the site without it being published. anyway, i have a lot of work to do. are you are web developer in the US?
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by winexviv: 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Mr knowitall.:

thanks for the crash course on web development grin grin. I didnt even know i could work on the site without it being published. anyway, i have a lot of work to do. are you are web developer in the US?

You are welcome. I'm a web developer based in Enugu, Nigeria.
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
Mr knowitall.:

Sorry my brother, but next time ask for help before u remove such link if u can't, bc thats not just an ordinary link but an injection from the theme developers, if u still want to use the theme i can remove the links for you, but if u want to do a clssifieds i will advice u not to use wordpress as a starter, there are classified specialized open source that will give you a great classified platform with less stress
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
USarmy:

Sorry my brother, but next time ask for help before u remove such link if u can't, bc thats not just an ordinary link but an injection from the theme developers, if u still want to use the theme i can remove the links for you, but if u want to do a clssifieds i will advice u not to use wordpress as a starter, there are classified specialized open source that will give you a great classified platform with less stress

which open source would you recommend i use?
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
USarmy:

Bros...ive redone the site completely still not done yet but check it out.
http://etesenghanacom.ipage.com and tell me what u think about the layout, look, content and just general opinion. thanks
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
winexviv:

You are welcome. I'm a web developer based in Enugu, Nigeria.

Bros...ive redone the site completely still not done yet but check it out.
http://etesenghanacom.ipage.com and tell me what u think about the layout, look, content and just general opinion. thanks
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by iyke20024(m): 11:18am On Dec 31, 2012
Nice site and I hope all your content are unique..else it will be garbage in garbage out.

You will not be able to monetize it..with google adsense and you will not get good organic traffic.

Keep it up..

Your site is slow.. limit the type of plugins you use or it necessary dont matter if your server is large and fast

Where did you host this site?

your pictures are poor.., earn how to do some photo editing

too much post on the homepage.., try improve your navigational system instead..
Like recent post on the side bar..
categories..
you are strating up and you have so much categories... Except you are not doing this alone.. you will get tired of it.. take it easy..

focus on a max of 6 categories and increase from there.

Regards
www.9japeople.com(work in progress)
www.blogtechsite.com (work in pregress)
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2012
iyke20024: Nice site and I hope all your content are unique..else it will be garbage in garbage out.

You will not be able to monetize it..with google adsense and you will not get good organic traffic.

Keep it up..

Your site is slow.. limit the type of plugins you use or it necessary dont matter if your server is large and fast

Where did you host this site?

your pictures are poor.., earn how to do some photo editing

too much post on the homepage.., try improve your navigational system instead..

Like recent post on the side bar..
categories..
you are strating up and you have so much categories... Except you are not doing this alone.. you will get tired of it.. take it easy..

focus on a max of 6 categories and increase from there.

Regards
www.9japeople.com(work in progress)
www.blogtechsite.com (work in pregress)

No im not doing it alone it's I and God partnership grin grin grin grin....check it out again I just monetized it with google adsense....I have a lot of post on the homepage so people dont have to do a lot of clicking I hate clicking too much on sites......thanks for your input.... are those ur sites? I dont know why it would be slow cuz im only running 3 plugs..it loads very fast where I IM.....
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by iyke20024(m): 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
Well.. Nice.. Keep it up. Google likes unique content..As long as its your content then no problem with google adsense.

So you and God are posting articles or working on the site...lol Well its Good to know you doing it just fine alone witth God.

Thats not good. Good navigational system will help.. It also help to increase your page views, which will increase your adsense revenue.

The site are mine.. but still working on it.. need some marketing on 9japeople.com..

Just a little tweaking for mobile view.

Mr knowitall.:

No im not doing it alone it's I and God partnership grin grin grin grin....check it out again I just monetized it with google adsense....I have a lot of post on the homepage so people dont have to do a lot of clicking I hate clicking too much on sites......thanks for your input.... are those ur sites? I dont know why it would be slow cuz im only running 3 plugs..it loads very fast where I IM.....
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 02, 2013
iyke20024: Well.. Nice.. Keep it up. Google likes unique content..As long as its your content then no problem with google adsense.

So you and God are posting articles or working on the site...lol Well its Good to know you doing it just fine alone witth God.

Thats not good. Good navigational system will help.. It also help to increase your page views, which will increase your adsense revenue.

The site are mine.. but still working on it.. need some marketing on 9japeople.com..

Just a little tweaking for mobile view.

I didnt really make the site to make money at all...im ok where i im.....im just bored and needed something to do so i did it...but now it has become something that i love to do....My plan is to actual publish undiscovered ghanaian/African writers, journalist, and researchers that normally wouldn't have an avenue to publish their work and link them up......its just something fun for me.......that9japeople site is pretty nice tho I dig it...what do you mean by you need some marketing?
Re: Please Review This Site And Give Your Thoughts Thank you by iyke20024(m): 10:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
I mean internet marketing
Posting up to 100 200 words article on the forum and creating backlink..
doing cpc ad,
social media ad on facebook
review, press release
etc

(1) (Reply)

Please Review This Site And Suggest Css Code Please / Help: How To Transfer Wordpress To Server From Local Computer / Alternative To Utorrent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.