Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

Recruiting Using Integrity And Commitment As Prerequisites In Skills Acquisition - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recruiting Using Integrity And Commitment As Prerequisites In Skills Acquisition (751 Views)

2 Weeks Entrepreneurial Skills Acquisition Training At Surulere / 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / Get Free Skills Acquisition Training In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recruiting Using Integrity And Commitment As Prerequisites In Skills Acquisition by komekn(m): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2008
HRM professionals how do you recruit for integrity, truth, commitment, and honesty as pre-requisites for selection as being more paramount than the existing knowledge and skills, in the first instance.
If i want to contribute to my country Nigeria, i would like to, through training and skills acquisition that makes individuals self sustaining and able to contribute to socio-economic regeneration. Removing the often life threatening and fatal quest by some to come to the west as some Eldorado, where all life aspirations are met.
Finally what courses vocational or otherwise, are relavant and viable, for instance, training and skills acquisitionto become, instrumentation, telecommunications, electrical and electronics technicians, to name a few.
The intention is that they would spend 6 months in the UK completing thier certifications the tuition, accommodation and living expenses will be provided by way of scholarship.
The MAIN issue is this, what prevents these people from absconding as they don't have a vision to return back to Nigeria and be viable through shortsightedness. Consequently,derailing the good intentions of the programme and render it inoperable and cause funding streams to be withdrawn, and then re-enforce the considerable skepticism already existing and end any other future similar programmes.
Therefore should recruitment be age biased ? commitment biased ?(ie family commitment wife & children).
PLEASE CONSIDER THIS AS A GENUINE STUDY, I WILL NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS ON SPECIFICS I AM LOOKING AT METHODOLOGY.

(1) (Reply)

I-tech 2008 It Scholarship / Career Advise Pls / Pls And Pls, A 400 Level Geology Student Is In Need Of 6 Month It Placement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.