Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

When You Hate Your Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When You Hate Your Father? (1885 Views)

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) / Is It Possible To Hate Your Family? / What Do You Like About Your Father. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Hate Your Father? by 30card(m): 11:42am On Dec 27, 2012
Is someone out there who feels this way toward the man that brought them to this life because right now i feel so much hate for the man am suppose to call my father, to the extent i feel like if i have a gun right now i did murder him.
I know someone reading this would wonder what a father must have done for his son to have so much hate for him?
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by k2039: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]As much as my father isn't/wasn't responsible for my upbringing, all I can just learn from him is to be a better father for my children.

It's pointless hating him, I can only learn from his mistakes.
[/color]

3 Likes

Re: When You Hate Your Father? by greatgod2012(f): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]As much as my father isn't/wasn't responsible for my upbringing, all I can just learn from him is to be a better father for my children.

It's pointless hating him, I can just learn from his mistakes.
[/color]

you are an intelligent and wise guy.
There are two ways you can emulate someone, you either learn to be like d person OR you learn NOT to be like d person.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: When You Hate Your Father? by k2039: 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
greatgod2012:

There are two ways you can emulate someone, you either learn to be like d person OR you learn NOT to be like d person.
May God help us all.

Head swelling, about to burst.

Ori mi wu o, e lagimo gringringringringringrin
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
Pele
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by SAFO(m): 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
They say that when you hate your father, you hate yourself.

Could this be a case of self loathing?
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by Callotti: 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
It is s pity you feel this way.
Hope you can find peace.
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]As much as my father isn't/wasn't responsible for my upbringing, all I can just learn from him is to be a better father for my children.

It's pointless hating him, I can only learn from his mistakes.
[/color]

I
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by tpia5: 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
Op

I think you're OYO.

Turn to Jesus to deliver you from the law of sin and death.

You are in bondage.
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
SAFO: They say that when you hate your father, you hate yourself.

Could this be a case of self loathing?

Possibly
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by EfemenaXY: 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
30card: Is someone out there who feels this way toward the man that brought them to this life because right now i feel so much hate for the man am suppose to call my father, to the extent i feel like if i have a gun right now i did murder him.
I know someone reading this would wonder what a father must have done for his son to have so much hate for him? i would love to say it all here but is someone out there or am i the only out here

"Hate" is such a strong word.

There's a very thin line between love and hate, both equally powerful and all consuming emotions.

Care to give us a bit more detail on why you feel this way towards your father?
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by chuckdee4(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
greatgod2012:

May God help us all.

Take the above posters advice, I have been in a somewhat similar situation, where I did not want to be associated with my dad.
As I got older I just realised there was no need crying over something that would not change, so I took a different approach and started living and enjoying my life ensuring that I did not make the same mistakes he made in life and tried to be a much better person than he ever was.

As for hating him, that's such a strong word, we may have our differences but I love my dad. You may not exactly see eye-to-eye with your dad but at one point your dad loved you (Probably still does), he would not have remained your dad if he didn't.
Don''t know if you are a Christian but forgive him, move on and let God judge us all
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by tpia5: 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by Toyinletstalk(f): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
30card: Is someone out there who feels this way toward the man that brought them to this life because right now i feel so much hate for the man am suppose to call my father, to the extent i feel like if i have a gun right now i did murder him.
I know someone reading this would wonder what a father must have done for his son to have so much hate for him?

Forgive him and let what ever it is he has done go. No matter what they do, they are our parents, and we must learn to honor them.
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by remsonik(f): 9:49am On Dec 15, 2013
My dad is one man I really don't see eye to eye with. He abuses me a lot and he just says some words that I feel a father shouldn't say to a child. It could be so saddening and depressing atimes but I am trying to let it go and I try to avoid him and anything that gets on his nerves as much as possible.
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by Toyinletstalk(f): 12:07am On Dec 16, 2013
remsonik: My dad is one man I really don't see eye to eye with. He abuses me a lot and he just says some words that I feel a father shouldn't say to a child. It could be so saddening and depressing atimes but I am trying to let it go and I try to avoid him and anything that gets on his nerves as much as possible.

My dear, that is the best way to approach it. Letting go and avoiding him completely.

Sometimes, we really do not know what they themselves have suffered in the hands of their own parents, even if they have resolved while growing up to be a better parent, that 'past' starts to haunt them by coming up in different ways. The truth is, they are also suffering emotionally and psychologically. Environment and the type of friends kept can also play a major factor.

So, just really forgive him and let it go. God sees your heart, and pray hard, cause causeless shall not come near you In Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by Kanwulia: 3:49am On Dec 16, 2013
What ever it is. . . taking your father's life will only compound your ISSUES!
OBJ slept with his son's wife and prolly fathered some of his wife's children. . . TUFIAKWA! grin
If Gbenga OBJ did not kill his father, I guess there is hope for you.
Pele my dia! kiss

As you 'CHRISTIANS' say. . . In all things, YOU ought to give thanks to that YOUR GOD! kiss
Re: When You Hate Your Father? by Beehorn(f): 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
Gv ur lyf 2 Christ op and learn 2 4giv ur father.

(1) (Reply)

A Mother's Letter To Her Children About Marriage / Just 3 Days. / How An Automatic Changeover/ats Controls Your Gen And Connects Your Home Safely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.