Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Unfortunate - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unfortunate (874 Views)

The Most Unfortunate - A Novella / The True Reflection Of The Unfortunate Political Situations In Nigeria. / The Most Unfortunate Thing That Happened To Planet Earth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unfortunate by jiraiyas: 10:57am On Dec 28, 2012
Sorry its been long just been busy small
hope you do enjoy this

It was reprisal moment of my life when the early morning winter cold was twanging me up down like a tux paper, I was trying so hard to get myself relax on that very day on a December, so frustrated with disharmony and unhappiness.
I was only trying to get myself to relax when a sudden shout woke me up, obinna obinna obinna, what are you still doing there on this foam useless boy, he said
Guaaaaaah, I grumbled
You still there huh, he said
I gently bend forward to hide myself still in the bed. I neither was unwilling to wake up at least not like this nor for what will come after.
Obinna come you seriously are still there your younger brother is awake waiting for you and you the senior still sleeping, he said, well papa me am tired, I want to sleep, I said
You are saying you are not going, is that it, useless boy, he said
No papa all am saying is you should have told me yesterday at least, so I could prepared and would have know when to sleep, what to do and what to be expecting today, I said
You really are stupid, how will you just say all this rubbish, the last time you said you not going and we did let you be, do you think we are foolish, your younger brother that’s awake is he stupid,? Ehn stupid obinna, he said
Papa I never said so, you people should not be using me this way oooooooooooooo, I said
Mtcheeeew, he responded and left the room.
Before I could settle down in my long sigh, the door of my room opened again, then the creaming colored curtain by the of door my room opened like a piece of paper thrown up by a little tornado wind, basically called EZIZA in my tribe
Hey you Ozad, wake up are you not going still, don’t imitate your stupid elder brother you hear, wake up, he said
Ooo papa me I can’t go oooooooo I’m tired, Ozad said
Come, wake up he dragged him along while Ozad was grumbling all along.
I gently nodded my head in pain, tiredness and what look to be anger luckily for me I’m the type that just carry on with my life all with joy and mostly careless about such matters.
Loud bang on the door it was……..
I woke up again, the third time that morning but this time I woke up to the loud angry and piercing voice of my mother
Haa my first taught was you are finished obinna, you are finished.
Little did I know that this was meant to be war, a big war it was, she first started with our local dialect, then she spat turned away like going out only to suddenly turned as if a demon was awoken in her.
You said you not going abi
You said you won’t go
You said you are your own man chie
All this she said at first with semi deep light tune like a cracking thunder
I quickly told her not that, before I could add another word she started viping with more provocation this time
God will punish you
You one lazy stupid boy
All the money, do you think we pluck it
Look at my sister children, look at all of them
The other time, Uyi cleaned up the house, look at Oz, he work in the house all day when he was on holidays. Uyi on one hand was the first son and elder brother to Oz, and their mother happened to be my mom elder sister, she actually happened to be the child of their mother who happened to have ten children, while my mom was fifth in the family.
But you and your brothers, lazy you can’t even sweep your father compound very well nor maintain your father back house.
All you do is sleep, play games, press phone, press computer.
All you could teach your brothers are evil
She said all this still fuming like a boxer who just lost her most precious of belts.
I gently hid myself more into the bed, not to say anything since I was very angry with all that have happened that morning. But that was never to be enough as she wasn’t done yet.
If you are going to school, I will see who will give you money, if you don’t go, if don’t go
Not even my dead mom can make me change my mind; your education will be all for and by yourself or may be your dad decides to help
Not even a dine will you get from me, all you will get from me is more insult like this one or maybe more than this
She was about going, suddenly she turn back and said
In short if you go today then you are a bastard
A fool
A No body
After saying all this she left the room
I sigh with a lot of anger embroiling me, I smiled out gently, shrugged on a fake laugh which later turns out to ease me more than a little.
I gently took my tooth brush, my phone, my headset, played my maroon5 song “she will be love” went out of the room, getting to the sitting room I meant my elder sister, greeted her and left for bath room to brush my tooth.
Back to the room I put on my trouser “one long old sport wear with Adidas logo on it” a black shirt.
Joined them in the car, myself my two brother and my dad with us.
In the car that morning I was as quiet as the cold air of an air conditioner. We gently drove out of the compound to the street then diverted to next juntion

(1) (Reply)

Negro's Mind / Help / Journey To The Sambitsa Short Story By Adrenaline123

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.