Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Needs help on Domain Name And Copyright Infringement - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Needs help on Domain Name And Copyright Infringement (605 Views)

Images And Copyright Issues / Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji / What Is WHOIS LOOK UP On Domain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Needs help on Domain Name And Copyright Infringement by olasesi(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
..........Dear webmasters......
..........if a domain name like e.g market.com already exist and i intend to get mine but with the "the" in front of it i.e themarket.com
.......would this be equivalent to copyright infringement?.......

.........tank u as i await ur responses......
.........they will sure be of great help....
Re: Needs help on Domain Name And Copyright Infringement by demoreon: 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
olasesi: ..........Dear webmasters......
..........if a domain name like e.g market.com already exist and i intend to get mine but with the "the" in front of it i.e themarket.com
.......would this be equivalent to copyright infringement?.......

.........tank u as i await ur responses......

.........they will sure be of great help....
No its not if you are adding prefix and suffix, but if you are replacing character e.g microsoft.com to micorsoft.com that's infringment.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Green Mouse Success From Web Designing / What Do I Do To This Website That Copy All My Content To His Own? / Smobanigeria.org

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.