Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! (40605 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Gistwitherico(m): 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
Really happy concerning this post because of recent, ABC has been a disgrace to the standards it set for itself. You travel with 90km/hr - for safety reasons, yet you have bad buses and unintelligent drivers and the disappointing part of this transportation firm is that their charges rate is very very high... i think i'll be moving with the Young motors now!
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ikennahill: 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
boycott ABC let them loose money and biz.I believe this story.(ja dont like warning. let us forget ABC
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Ikbobby(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
THIS STORY IS 100% TRUE....BECAUSE I WAS ONE OF THE PASSENGERS THAT WERE ROBBED...AND THIS INFO MUST TREND
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Mstrsheikh: 3:43am On Dec 30, 2012
Its fair to say ABC has collapsed, I had a similar ordeal for a trip of lagos to Abuja and vice versa but thsnkfully by Almighty God no Robbers or attack was involved. ABC is a complete shadow of what it used to be. Nigerians beware your life and health is highly at stake in the hadns of company still riding on past glory. BTW are there no transport company regulators to assess the dismal and rotten operational state of ABC transport company so as to close them down for at least 4years!
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 30, 2012
DailyNews: I am not a staff but I know all what you are talking about, and I will kindly brief you for better info.

ABC transport plc is not a one man business as many people do think. It is a public liability coy listed in the Nigerian stock exchange, with the founder, Frank Nneji as the CEO with other governing boards. ABC trans plc is not just into passenger movement or commuter traveling, it is also into Haulage of goods for industries, etc like Dangote Hauls, and its a major competitor in haulage. ABC trans plc is the number one cargo service provider in Nigeria and west africa and its west coast unit is simply the best in West Africa.

ABC plc has so many other arms...so huge, it has great customer service reputation but incidences of bad customer service do exist in all organizations n firms, so ABC cnt be an exception n its a regrettable experience.

Now to ur question as to why ABC buses delay, remember, d major causes of accidents in Nigeria is overspeeding n bad roads. Our drivers do knw that our roads are bad yet, they keep on over-speeding n endangering the lives of innocent passengers just to make more trips and earn more trip allowances, that's absurd, therefore, ABC discourages this act by putting speed limiting devices on their buses to ensure to ensure the drivers don't over-speed.

ABC long buses known as luxurious buses have a speed limit of 90KM/HR, while their commuter buses sometimes referred to by Nigerians as Hummer buses are limited at 110KM/HR.

Now let me ask you ma, is it better you arrive at your destination safely but somehow late, or early but unsafe or hurt?
It is obvious you are a staff of ABC company

1 Like

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Smooyis(m): 5:24am On Dec 30, 2012
People don't know dat d world is now a global village and everyone is watching. Whatever you do secretly in one corner Is open in another. When will our people learn to be truly democratic even in the conduct of their business. Sebi den say customers are always right. Why don't they have regards for customers complaints here. Anyway soon they will be counting their losses when people no longer patronize their buses again. Thanks for d informatio!
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Turbocharged: 9:58am On Dec 30, 2012
gabmid: bros e bi like say u bi ABC staff, let me ask y do u pple delay ur pax on d road? Ave been told abt how u pple get 2lagos very late compare to cross country n co on ur accra-lagos route 4gettin dat some pax might stil be goin far ( like travellin 2 oda state) nt mindin where ur teminel is..... It wil be nice if u guys luk into it.
I'm not an ABC staff, neither am I holding brief for them, but hv you also asked why their buses don't get involved in road mishaps compare to some of those you mentioned earlier.
From all I can see, ABC has their standard and they try as much as possible to maintain. If you don't like it, there are others.
My 2 kobo
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2012
How in the hell does a bus get robbed undecided
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by doopsy(f): 11:07am On Dec 30, 2012
I had a similar experience with ABC in 2001,I and my elder brother travelled from PH to lagos,night journey.first all the journey was rough.the driver was so mean,we were practically scared of him.There was an accident on the road with a ball of fire and flames bursting out of a car at the middle of the road.All cars were parked afraid of an explosion,my dear driver squeezed through the burning flames and drove through..I almost passed out if not for my brother who calmed me down..an elderly woman who came down out of fright..was seriously abused by the driver,he said,"mama you wey don old dey fear to die". We got to lagos at 10am.not forgetting the business man who was robbed of his bag in the bus.A certain man said he wanted to come down in the middle of no where, he took the business man's bag,we had to donate some money for the poor guy.soo since then no travelling wiv luxurious buses.don't travel much sha.

1 Like

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
feelgood: I have gone through all the responses to my post. The story is true. The bus left Abuja at 7.15am on thursday 27th Dec. Aside the over 3hrs traffic jam from Asaba to Onitsha, questionable stops were the ones between Onitsha and Owerri due to supposed mechanical problems that were not physically attended to. The bus stopped at the Owerri terminus early hours of Friday 28th. Dear dailynews, the bus number and driver name is not difficult to ascertain - it was the 1st executive express (Abuja - PH) for that day.
To the posters who claim I lied or I'm fronting for a competitor - may you never experience a robbery attack. I'm not new to nairaland and a run through my profile will assure you that I'm not into making spurious allegations. Why didn't the ABC mgt at PH investigate and treat the complaints when they were made? I don't know. So what will happen to passengers losses? Gone with the wind if the PH ABC team is to be believed. But then, that is their error. This is one person ready and determined to seek for justice from behemoths who think that passengers are minions without rights. They will be hearing from my lawyers pretty soon especially as Dailynews rightly stated: it is a publicly quoted company that can sue and be sued. The essence of my post was to apprise people of the caveat especially at this season. I did recognise that some will take heed while others will scoff... It is the way of all human and therefore take no offence. Compliments of the season to you all and may 2013 be better for us.

Chairman we are strongly behind you incase you need witness, there are over a million ready to bring down the name(ABC) due to one dirty ugly experience or the other.
Personally I lost my job because I took ABC when I should have gone to chisco to meet up with an appointment.
I would surgest they close down their long route journey and operate the shorter route that they seem to be doing their best.
Op. Please go ahead and keep us informed so that will make feel what we went tru in their hands.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Blizzy9ja: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
A friend missed her visa interview just because she boarded a jalopy ABC calls luxury bus ƒr̲̅ό̲̣̣̣̥♏ PHC to Abuja, †ђe bus broke down in a village close 2 Edo state...
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by McBic(m): 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mavor: And una no beat the driver. Plenty ju men full that bus. the driver carry una enter setup. sorry sha
***I de feel you***
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by mitchyy(f): 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
cigar icon: Hmmm sumtin similae happened to my cousine. He said when he was travelling from abuja to onisha(night journey), the driver stopped several times to the extent that the passengers were worried. When they got to okene along a bushy area, the driver flashed his head light twice for reason no body could tell cos there was no vehicle coming from the oposite direction. Then suddenly he reduced the speed of the vehicle and Gbam robbers apeared from nowhere. My cousin lost so much dat day, his iphone, laptop some of his jewelries and so on although nobody was harmed. I'v vowed never to toke a night bus ever in my life sinc he told me this. May God help us oh cry
*Coughs*
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
Why did the passengers not alight and refuse to start the journey until daybreak?
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by jpphilips(m): 8:52am On Dec 31, 2012
kaorama: You guys deserve it all. After d robbery, u all entered d bus and continued ur journey, shee? U couldn't deal with d driver decisively? I suggest all d passengers should be detained and questioned.

dont mind the non living things, politician will oppress them, police will oppress even ordinary bus driver, haba was it a women's organisation movement?

ok, the guy was the reason you guys got robbed?? so?? wot did you do?? fold arms waiting for god of oyedepo to intervene abi?

the passenger manifest clearly states there is an insurance cover and when the company defaultered what did you do?? again suffering and smillling.

@ op, your rants will be best appreciated as a testimony in a children sunday school, kindly burry your face in shame.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ellab(f): 9:12am On Dec 31, 2012
dont mind the non living things, politician will oppress them, police will oppress even ordinary bus driver, haba was it a women's organisation movement?

ok, the guy was the reason you guys got robbed?? so?? wot did you do?? fold arms waiting for god of oyedepo to intervene abi?

the passenger manifest clearly states there is an insurance cover and when the company defaultered what did you do?? again suffering and smillling.

@ op, your rants will be best appreciated as a testimony in a children sunday school, kindly burry your face in shame.[/quote]

I laugh at ur stupidity.Like u won't do the same if u were a passenger..Just shut up.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ZE: 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
It is very difficult to serve the public 24/7 all year round & everyone gets equally satisfied. There might be issues at one time or the other but Our prayers is for God to continue to protect & keep us away from such issues.

ABC Transport is still the most organized and safest mode of transport in nigeria to date. All other transport companies are still trying to copy and catch-up with ABC but greed to maximize profit still keep them far from the standards of ABC.

i'm not holding brief for the management of ABC transport as there might be need for them to sit-up and keep their integrity but this tread should not be for a total condemnation of such a promising company.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by teetee123: 10:54pm On Dec 31, 2012
The last time I took ABC luxury bus was in early 2011. The bus departure was supposed to be 3pm but we left Abuja at 6pm only to stop at Gwagwalada for about an hour and another one hour at Lokoja.
The AC was making a noise like a diesel engine. The bus was moving at about 80kmph and had difficulty climbing hills.
The driver almost stopped at a robber ambush but for the well alerted and agitated passengers who shouted on him to fire on
My trip with a good luxurious bus wouldn't have been more than 8 hours from Abuja to Ibadan. Got to ibadan around 8am instead of 11pm.
I believe their fleet of buses are not being well managed. I was really disappointed & informed my friends never to enter ABC.
It was after this I got to know of many more sad stories about the company. Unknown to us that our bus was not filled up because people were avoiding ABC. Let the management fix the company
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by teetee123: 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2012
[quote author=CrazyMan]
Could you please explain what you mean by questionable stops?

The ABC that I know of stops only at ABC terminals and other designated bus-stops.

ABC is so flawless and upright that they stick to their departure time.

If 7:15am is what's written on your ticket, it means that at 7:15 even if its only 5 persons who have purchased tickets, the driver would depart.

I experienced such when I was traveling from Awka to owerri via ABC...a bus which was supposed to accommodate at least 15 passengers was so scanty...we were less than 7 passengers in that bus, and as soon as it clocked 8:30am (the departure time) the driver left Awka and headed for owerri.

Surprisingly, he didn't stop to pick passengers on the way like other transportation companies do. Instead he drove us straight to our destination.

So mr poster please get your facts straight before thinking of rubbishing some else's business.

I don't understand you here...what's the distance from Abuja to Ph?

A bus that leaves Abuja at 7:15 am, no matter the kind of stopping the driver makes should get to PH latest by 7pm.

Now there's one rule you don know...no transportation company bypasses its bus-stop.

ABC has a park at onitsha so if at all you guys arrived late as you claimed, the driver would have driven straight to their park for a break, and continue the journey the following day.

I've experienced that several times.

This leaves me with the following questions.

Where exactly were you robbed?

What route were you referring to that wasn't safe, cos I see no notorious route from Abuja to Ph.

The routes like the benin by pass and benin roundabout were probably passed in broad day light...cos I've never encountered any form of holdup there.

All holdups end at ore, and resume in Asaba. And coming from Abuja, you definitely aren't going to make use of the ore route.

So if at all you encountered any form of hold up in Asaba, that held you guys till 1am, the driver would have parked his bus at onitsha, cos no one and I repeat no one uses the upi-iweka route at such an odd time (1am).

So I ask again where exactly were you robbed?

Lies.

No transportation company bus would get to its destination 5am (almost 24 hours after departure) and the management would fold their arms.

Its not possible...the manifesto which you filled has a carbon copy that stays with the management. So at the estimated time, if there's no trace of the bus, a call would be put across to the driver to know his exact location and how safe it is for him to continue his trip.

That's what standard companies like ABC, the young, chisco, ekene...etc do.

If you don't have strong proofs to back up your claims, then I would suggest that you refrain from posting crap on this site.

Thanks.

I believe all the so called craps the guy posted because I experienced similar things with same company. You need to travel with ABC to have a good experience. Departure was delayed for 3 hours. Conductors were dressed like touts without knickners and tee shirts while drivers were poorly dressed. These people used to dress like airliine personnels years ago.
Stopped on the road to put water into the radiator. Spent almost the whole day and night on the road for a journey that was supposed to have end before 12am.
I paid double what I would have paid for a smaller bus.
I was really disappointed because this was not the ABC of yester year.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by teetee123: 1:18am On Jan 01, 2013
mondi_cheeks: How in the hell does a bus get robbed undecided

This shows u are not conversant with Nigeria to be asking this type of question. Car jacking or armed robbery happens every day across the world.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ZE: 11:47am On Jan 02, 2013
teetee123:

This shows u are not conversant with Nigeria to be asking this type of question. Car jacking or armed robbery happens every day across the world.

We are aware that armed robbery happens every day across the world. I am also aware that there might be need for companies that serve the public to up their game from time to time. But this forum should not be an avenue to incite the public against a promising company like ABC bc of one perceived ugly incident.

In terms of safety, comfort & reliability, ABC is still the best mode of land transport in Nigeria.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by aaron213: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
is it better to book for abc online or just go to the nearest bus stop
and i live in agege where is the best place to catch a bus from and how much is it supposed to be for the normal morning journey. i find that its best not to trust what most nigerians say wherever they have something to gain whether thru a website or in person. u guys dont have nothing to gain do you? pls i need urgent advice!!! thanks
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by phantom23: 9:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
Did the people on the bus have a choice when they stopped at Owerri? Yes. If they all came down and said we are not leaving till tomorrow, would ABC not still take them to PH the next day? And if they didn't could they not be taken to court? in a civil society?
On the part of the transport company, their licence should be withdrawn for putting lives at risk...in a civil society..

feelgood:
ABC bus (Abuja to PH) left yesterday morning by 7.15am. After some questionable stops, it got to Owerri by midnight - usually it should have arrived PH much earlier. Despite pleas by passengers that the driver should wait till day break before proceeding, especially as the route was not safe at that time of day, the driver ignored security warnings and proceeded at 1.30am 28th Dec. Within an hour from Owerri, they were ambushed and robbed by armed robbers who requested the passengers to march into the bush leaving their luggage behind. After the robbery operation and the departure of the robbers, the bus continued to PH and finally arrived about 5am - almost 24hrs after leaving Abuja.
The passengers narrated their ordeal to the ABC management and the driver's obstinacy that got them into the problem. Rather, the passengers were informed that there was nothing ABC could do and the driver was exonerated.
If you are travelling by ABC, esp on the east west route, you are on your own o. The purported insurance cover is a joke. ABC is a rip off and when the chips are down, customer service is thrown out of the window.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by posh8701: 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
who has boarded ABC night bus from PHC to Lagos recently....pls share ur experiences
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 29, 2017
feelgood:
ABC bus (Abuja to PH) left yesterday morning by 7.15am. After some questionable stops, it got to Owerri by midnight - usually it should have arrived PH much earlier. Despite pleas by passengers that the driver should wait till day break before proceeding, especially as the route was not safe at that time of day, the driver ignored security warnings and proceeded at 1.30am 28th Dec. Within an hour from Owerri, they were ambushed and robbed by armed robbers who requested the passengers to march into the bush leaving their luggage behind. After the robbery operation and the departure of the robbers, the bus continued to PH and finally arrived about 5am - almost 24hrs after leaving Abuja.
The passengers narrated their ordeal to the ABC management and the driver's obstinacy that got them into the problem. Rather, the passengers were informed that there was nothing ABC could do and the driver was exonerated.
If you are travelling by ABC, esp on the east west route, you are on your own o. The purported insurance cover is a joke. ABC is a rip off and when the chips are down, customer service is thrown out of the window.
If this story was true, what you could have done was to report this robbery incident at the first army checkpoint you met and rope in the driver as a part of the robbery gang.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Kofar Ruwa Underpass Completed, Ready For Launching (pictures) / Man Crushed Beyond Recognition In Orile, Lagos (Graphic Photos) / God Is Good Motors & Dangote Trailer Collide On Abuja-Lokoja Road, 1 Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.