Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Would U Av Changed Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would U Av Changed Faith? (655 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Heaven Or Hell; Where Would U Go? / What Would U Do If Tomorrow Was The End Of The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Av Changed Faith? by Gbemmyxal(f): 12:04am On Dec 29, 2012
Whatever u believe works for you. Have u ever asked urself dat if u were born a muslim, would u av easily converted to christianity, or if u were born a christian, would u av changed ur belief? Something in wot u believe engrosses ur opinion of being on da right path while other faithfuls see u as being on da wrong path. I wonder wot'ld av become of me if i was born a buhddist, atheist, muslim, or any oda faith. But i'm so sure God understands how nd why people are of diverse faiths wt all asides atheism acknowledging God's sovereignty.
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 29, 2012
Yeah, that's why Muslims kill people who do not practise their faith and its said in the bible that you cannot go to heaven except through Jesus.
Makes perfect sense now.
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by Ymodulus: 12:24am On Dec 29, 2012
inurmind: Yeah, that's why Muslims kill people who do not practise their faith and its said in the bible that you cannot go to heaven except through Jesus.
Makes perfect sense now.

not just that also thats why religion goes against religion claiming one serves the true god and the other does not.
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 29, 2012
Ymodulus:
not just that also thats why religion goes against religion claiming one serves the true god and the other does not.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Another name for religion: war.
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 29, 2012
Good morning sir,
I am of the opinion that it would be very difficult for one to change what he or she has been used to right from childhood. Though change is possible but it most likely would be very slow.

It is usual for someone to find plausible reasons or excuse if you like to justify whatever inconsistencies or wrong found in his or her beliefs, disbeliefs or refusal to believe.

I am a Christian! I am a Catholic christian and looking back I don't regret mmy decision to become what I am. My parents were not always Christian and by extension I was not either but I decided to be one just like my parents were converted too. In a way you might say I changed faith from paganism to Christianity.

But I think if I hadn't experienced God personally, I might have become a free thinker, though I might tend towards being an agnostic cause I have seen and experienced a lot as a pagan to know that deities exist.

Thank you!
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by Ymodulus: 1:00am On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi:
[s] I have seen and experienced a lot as a pagan to know that deities exist.[/s]

Thank you!
illucination
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 29, 2012
Ymodulus: illucination

Your opinion! Your right!!
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by AtheistD(m): 5:42am On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi:
I am a Christian! I am a Catholic christian and looking back I don't regret mmy decision to become what I am. My parents were not always Christian and by extension I was not either but I decided to be one just like my parents were converted too. In a way you might say I changed faith from paganism to Christianity.

Thank you!

So what were your parents? Pagan?

Were you born a pagan or xtian?
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 29, 2012
Atheist:-D:

So what were your parents? Pagan?

Were you born a pagan or xtian?

They were born pagans and they practiced paganism.

I was born pagan.
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by AtheistD(m): 7:05am On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi:

They were born pagans and they practiced paganism.

I was born pagan.

Interesting. So what made you change? What was the defining moment when you became interested in xtianity?
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 29, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Interesting. So what made you change? What was the defining moment when you became interested in xtianity?

Good morning Sir,

It has to do with a series of events and some personal encounters with God. I really would have loved to share if I think it would help but everything bothers on personal and private encounters which I would prefer remained personal and private.

Thank you sir.
Re: Would U Av Changed Faith? by AtheistD(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2012
striktlymi:

Good morning Sir,

It has to do with a series of events and some personal encounters with God. I really would have loved to share if I think it would help but everything bothers on personal and private encounters which I would prefer remained personal and private.

Thank you sir.

Cool. I understand.

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Solution / How The Lord Revealed The End Time To Her!!! / Breaking News: New Pope Chosen: 13.3.13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.