Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? (3082 Views)

Best And Basic On Page SEO Tips For Blogger Blogs / On-page And Off-page Search Engine Optimization / All You Need To Get On Page 1 Of Google And Other Search Engines. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by mavtrevor(m): 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
Which of On-Page SEO or Off-Page SEO do you think is more important in helping your blog succeed online. A lot of emphasis has been made on both and i will always agree both works hand in hand like i did on this blog post, but if you were to choose one, which do you think is more important?
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by jeffsmith1: 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2012
On page SEO refers the content update, title tags, meta description, creating XML sitemap etc while off page refers the link building procedure.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by DigitalIdeas: 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
Both are Very Important. To Rank Well in Search Engines for your Desired Keywords,
Your On Page and Off Page SEO have to be in Place. But Off Page SEO Carries more
Weight depending on the Quantity and Authority of The Link pointing to your website.
After Google Panda and Pengium Update, its now advisable not to build links too quickly
to avoid getting your site on Google Sandbox. You also need to take care of your On Page
SEO Settings as well. A plugin like All In One SEO is enough for On Page SEO in Wordpress.

As from 2013, I will be offering step by step Tutorial with Live Screenshots on how to
rank a website on Search Engines.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by yawatide(f): 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
@DigitalIdeas, answer d question as asked now cool

OP:
If I were to choose one, I would go for on-page SEO - If you don't get this right from the onset, all your link building may come to naught.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by DigitalIdeas: 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
[quote author=yawa-ti-de]@DigitalIdeas, answer d question as asked now cool

I don't get your point. I've already answer the question. In SEO, Both On Page
and Off-Page optimization have to be in place for better ranking to take place. If
you have better On page Optimization and no one is linking to your website, your
chances of getting the Site Ranked is very Slim. On the other Hand, if thousands
of other sites linked to you and you don't have good On Page SEO Optimization, You
will definitely not rank well comparing to other competitive sites with both On Page
and OFF Pages SEO Optimization.

In a Nutshell, you don't do one and leave the rest. For better Ranking, both On Page
and Off Page SEO Optimization are very important. That's how I rank my Sites and Client
Sites on Google even though most of the Keywords are very Competitive with high search volume.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by yawatide(f): 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
Here is what you missed:
...but if you were to choose one, which do you think is more important?

Sure, technically both are both important but even at that, there is one that is slightly better than the other, as with other things in life.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by mavtrevor(m): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
As much as we know that both are important, if you were to choose one which will it be?
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by UncleJJ(m): 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
Off page optimization is much more important - today. As long you observe intitle, intext,inurl,indescription on your pages you on page is ok.

You can improve onpage, by linking out to authority site, building large nos of internal links, schema.org.

But, offpage seo is a moving target. you need to build links, likes,tweets +1's e.t.c to rank No1.

You can have poor onpage but rank for any keyword simply because you have good offpage seo and DA (domain authority).

Go here
http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tutorials/the-ultimate-guide-to-tiered-link-building-part-1/
http://www.ubertoolz.com/PostPandaPenguinLinkBuildingVideo1.php
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by mavtrevor(m): 7:18pm On Jan 01, 2013
UncleJJ: Off page optimization is much more important - today. As long you observe intitle, intext,inurl,indescription on your pages you on page is ok.

You can improve onpage, by linking out to authority site, building large nos of internal links, schema.org.

But, offpage seo is a moving target. you need to build links, likes,tweets +1's e.t.c to rank No1.

You can have poor onpage but rank for any keyword simply because you have good offpage seo and DA (domain authority).

Go here
http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tutorials/the-ultimate-guide-to-tiered-link-building-part-1/
http://www.ubertoolz.com/PostPandaPenguinLinkBuildingVideo1.php

This is indeed awesome, i also believe that Off-Page SEO has more effect on a blog than On-Page SEO, infact i have even noticed how some big sites disobey the on-page SEO rules yet they rank very well, and i have also noticed how off-page seo has played a major role in that. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by obiscolly(m): 10:20am On Jan 04, 2013
On page SEO is the first thing you should be considering because if your website is not search engine friendly, it will be crawled less by search engine spiders and even when its crawled your ranking will be quite low. So even before you start building backlinks and all, make sure your on-page seo technique is on check.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by mavtrevor(m): 6:49am On Jan 10, 2013
One thing i am yet to understand is how these big site disobey SEO rules and yet rank so high, i know other ranking factors could affect ranking but i dont think any factor could have more effect than SEO.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by petersmith5544(m): 11:06am On Jan 14, 2013
In SEO both are very important.

On Page Optimization:-
On Page Optimization is basically the effort which you put on the website and is clearly visible, Like:
* Optimizing the existing content
* HTML code corrections
* remove broken / dead links
* Add Meta / Alt Tags
* Add Google and XML Site Map
* Analytic Setup
It is very important that On Page Optimization is done correctly for a website as this educated search engine crawlers and spiders about the theme of the website and which keywords you are targeting to rank on. On Page Optimization is usually done once on the website however SEO Agency does On Page Optimization after every 3 months to keep the site fresh for Search Engines.

Off Page Optimization:-
Off Page Optimization Is something which is done offsite and usually not visible on the website however results in pushing the ranking higher on search engines, it is a regular process and must be done ethically for better and long term results.
* Creation of New Pages
* Link Building Services
* Directory Submission
* Article Creation and Submission
* Classified Ad Creation and Submission
* Blog Post Message Creation and Submission
* Press Release Creation and Submission
* E-book Creation and Submission.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by mavtrevor(m): 11:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
petersmith5544: In SEO both are very important.

On Page Optimization:-
On Page Optimization is basically the effort which you put on the website and is clearly visible, Like:
* Optimizing the existing content
* HTML code corrections
* remove broken / dead links
* Add Meta / Alt Tags
* Add Google and XML Site Map
* Analytic Setup
It is very important that On Page Optimization is done correctly for a website as this educated search engine crawlers and spiders about the theme of the website and which keywords you are targeting to rank on. On Page Optimization is usually done once on the website however SEO Agency does On Page Optimization after every 3 months to keep the site fresh for Search Engines.

Off Page Optimization:-
Off Page Optimization Is something which is done offsite and usually not visible on the website however results in pushing the ranking higher on search engines, it is a regular process and must be done ethically for better and long term results.
* Creation of New Pages
* Link Building Services
* Directory Submission
* Article Creation and Submission
* Classified Ad Creation and Submission
* Blog Post Message Creation and Submission
* Press Release Creation and Submission
* E-book Creation and Submission.

Peter as much as both are important, we are trying to figure out which has more effect than the other...Off-page SEO cant survive without On-page SEO, but you can disobey the rules of ON-page SEO and yet rank high in Search engines with Off-page SEO......
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 23, 2013
Nice thread! The concept of on-page and off-page SEO both falls into webmaster essentials, as to which is more important, may not be debatable. SE accords equal importance, even as content quality will be playing a prominent role in the current Algorithm changes rather than enormous link-backs.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by mavtrevor(m): 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Yes...but the truth is that no matter the quality of the content you need as much Off-page SEO as on-Page SEO to see that page rank in SE. On-page SEO has to do with all you do within your dashboard b4 the article publication and off-[age SEO takes over from there, in fact this is the reason why most bloggers are not doing fine, they spend all their time on their site...Off-page SEO is very essential if you want that quality content to see the first page of any search engine.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by BrianMitchell: 10:05am On Mar 15, 2013
Well, both are important for doing good SEO services. They are related to each other, if on-page is not good than it directly effects the Off-page SEO.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by elnino3(m): 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
in my own opinion....if u r to choose from the two..go for on-page. our big brother Google values your content..structure...and meta tags....

remember google will store your site on-page data on their server while the off-page data though stored could be volatile Cos tens of sites linking to you properly might go down and the number of inbound links will drop..but your on-page metrics stays with u.

just saying.....
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by akintayo1(m): 12:26am On Mar 17, 2013
If i have to go for one, it will be off-page SEO, Why? Though, content is king, but that king needs subject, soldiers to rule over is kindom. The quality of other sites linking to you has more value in Google's eye than your content itself. Don't get me wrong here, Google value good quality content, but, imagine this picture, blogger A wrote a mediocre article which 20 out of the top 100 technorati links to, and blogger B wrote a good quality article which no one get to know about. He is not connected.

Which one do you think will hit the first page of SERP ?

Bloggers should work harder on networking than he do on his blog.
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by mavtrevor(m): 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2013
Akintayo and El Nino have both made nice arguments but as yu know my side already on this so my judgement will definitely be biased. Let's lay it out one by one....

As much as on page SEO is important as off page SEO, search engine ranking factor's tend to lean more on off page SEO than on page SEO. Ever wondered how some big sites dominate the SERP even when we can spot them disobeying SEO rules sometimes? If you like follow all the on page SEO rules to the letter it can't put you on top of the search engine rankings. Google consider a lot of things like number of backlinks and its quality to your page, social media signals, Social Bookmarking Submission, One-way Inbound Links (Not Link Exchange Or Reciprocal Links)/Guest Posting, Blog Posting, Article Submission, Press Release Submission, Forum Posting, Blog Commenting, Review Posting, RSS Feed Submission, Video Submission, Profile Creation, Link Wheel, Social Media Optimization etc
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by RobinSharaya(m): 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
First thing for SEO (Heart of a website of Blog) and the Content is the King of A Website, and Content Comes into On Page Optimization keep in mind without On Page Optimization the Off Page Optimization not work and Search Engines loves fresh content.

Think! If you have Done Off Page Optimization. Visitors come to you ... If they not found good Content they will go back immediately

First Concentrate on On Page Optimization
#Content
#Add Meta Tags and Alt Tags On Images
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by shacuter: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2013
jeff smith: On page SEO refers the content update, title tags, meta description, creating XML sitemap etc while off page refers the link building procedure.

SEO represents Search Engine Optimization . It helps to increase page rank of the blog/website . SEO can be classified in to two categories . 1. On page SEO and 2. Off page SEO .

In search engine optimization, on-page optimization refers to factors that have an effect on your Web site or Web page listing in natural search results in popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.. These factors are controlled by you or by coding on your page. Examples of on-page optimization include actual HTML code, meta tags, keyword placement and keyword density. The most important on Page SEO Tips are:
1. Proper URL structures
2. Image optimization
3. Text formatting

The most off-page seo tips are:
• Link Building
• Social Media
• Social bookmarking

Nowadays, there are so many domain providers offers SEO services to the domain buyers to increase their blog page rank. Search Engine Visibility service is available at XnYnZ.com
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by abdullakushtia(m): 10:31am On Feb 04, 2016
This is indeed awesome, i also believe that Off-Page SEO has more effect on a blog than On-Page SEO, infact i have even noticed how some big sites disobey the on-page SEO rules yet they rank very well, and i have also noticed how off-page seo has played a major role in that. Thanks for your contribution.

My Dream Lives
Re: On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important? by Iammahesh4: 3:40am On Jul 14, 2016
ONCE YOU GENERATE BACklinks for your blog & if u like to check the report weather the links are working & giving juice to your blog then get a free seo report card

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Daily $5 Online / Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com / Top 20 Nigerian Internet Discussion Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.