Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life (12374 Views)

I Suffered In My Marriage But Am A Survivor / A Call To Change "My Children Will Not Suffer What I Suffered" Syndrome / I F Divorce Is So Traumatic: Why Go Through It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by SisiKill1: 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
pweeryambre: It was the day my stupid boyfriend (now my ex) came to visit and he saw my room mate and liked her dat day, kissed her dat day, squeezed her boobs dat day,(infr ont of me oh) dumped me dat day and then took her home to his house in d nite to sleep with her . Took me 3years to get over not bcoming a serial killer.

You had to wait for him to do the dumping AFTER he had done all of that in front of you?!

Reading your post today is topping the list of my traumatic experiences. It is a shock to the system to know those movies that portray women as brainless might be unto something after all. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
I have 2 to share. Pls permit me.
The first would be the day we found out my dad had died enroute to then Gogonla State (now Adamawa). I was 9yrs old. It was like slow motion. Everything changed. We had to move, relatives practically threw us out, didn't c my mom for over a month. Till todat, I grew up not knowing I had cousins, uncles or aunts cos they never cared to find us throughout d yrs. Thank God for facebook as we hav slowly started reuniting once more although my mom still isn't ready to fully forgive.

The other experience was growing up with my sisters. Whether it was d loss of my dad that caused it or smtg but my mom seemed to snap. At least, just at me. There was no day I didn't get beaten, slapped, kicked or pushed for d slightest misdeed. Once money was missing, I was blamed n beaten. Even my sisters took advantage of this and pointed fingers at me if smtg happened. After a while, I wldnt bother to beg my innocence but just accept d beatings. An Uncle had to ask me once if my mom had me for another man! It got so bad that I actually attempted suicide. Yep, I did. Was treated for depression yrs later. I thank God that today, I take care of most of my mom's needs now (as she is retired) I have learnt to forgive (I hope) n move on.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
L

1 Like

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
nne3870: My roomate back in the university had an accident and was rushed to the hospital, the doctors refused to take her into the ward talkless of treating her on the ground that we should get a police report.we kept begging them, She was also crying and begging them due to the severe pains she was feeling. Later on her tommy started getting bigger and after 2hours she died outside the hospital, outside and it was drizzling.
Since then I hated doctors and vowed never to visit an hospital even when am sick.
Imagine refusing to treat a student just because we didn't come with a police report to state she actually had an accident.
Very sorry for this. While reading i nvr though your story would end so badly. The fact that her begging fell on deaf ears really broke me down.
Doctor see patients die frequently. Death is no big deal for them. It sad it happened to a roomate.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by OmolodMilkman93(m): 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2012
Oct 31st 2009, was almst buried along wit dad by wicked relatives,......
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by wesley80(m): 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2012
Yoshi-Master:
You know what guys, I do not think there is any need to revisit past bad memories.
Wrong. Talking about your most terrible experiences is actually therapeutic and is a part of the healing process. Moreover, reading about peoples experiences and how they've soldiered on is inspiring and will help folks still wallowing in depression. This is a great thread don't kill it cos you'd rather bottle up your pain like it doesn't exist or prefer living in your lala land where no one reminds you things can go horribly wrong.

1 Like

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
usermane:
Very sorry for this. While reading i nvr though your story would end so badly. The fact that her begging fell on deaf ears really broke me down.
Doctor see patients die frequently. Death is no big deal for them. It sad it happened to a roomate.
I couldn't sleep for months, each time I close my eyes, I keep seeing her sad face as she gave up d ghost.
The memories are hurting.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Damselugoangela: 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
virtuoso01: Mine was watching my mother die.

June 30, 2010.

That day, that moment, and that experience I can never forget.
so sorry for u take heart ok
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2012
wesley80: Wrong. Talking about your most terrible experiences is actually therapeutic and is a part of the healing process. Moreover, reading about peoples experiences and how they've soldiered on is inspiring and will help folks still wallowing in depression. This is a great thread don't kill it cos you'd rather bottle up your pain like it doesn't exist or prefer living in your lala land where no one reminds you things can go horribly wrong.
Thanks wesley, it let me know that am not alone,to be grateful becos a lot of people out there have experienced worsed than i have.
I opened this thread,fleshed it out,but i nvr knew people would come out with touching stories like this. Today, i fully thank God, realising that breaking a foot isn't so bad.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by 1stToComment: 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2012
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Fkforyou(m): 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
Just passing by

2 Likes

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
cigar icon: Mine is living without my mum and sister for nine years. Not that they were dead but my mum and dad seperated when I was still a todler. I hoped to see her again not until one day someone brought to us the news that my mum was dead. God all my plans of building her a house, buying her and having her eat from the fruit of her labour of carrying me for nine months were shatered, I remember weeping that day with these words in my mouth "mum u should have just let me see u one more time". Uptil now I don't knw the whereabout of my sister, I don't even knw how she looks like after nine yrs. My dad is not concerened, what does the old lad even knw? He has another family now, with two boys and a girl. I'm just frustrated every day praying to God to keep my sister as she is the only one I have now. I hope to see u one day sis to re-unite that brother and sister bond. Amen
Amen. Don't let up
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2012
mine was losing all my belonging in 1 day to robbers at gunpoint, while relocating them
the vehicle costs 3Mil and my stuff cost more than the vehicle

was left with what i was wearing and my life
I thank God today sha.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Damselugoangela: 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
Nchees: Mine is wen I lost my job.As if dat one is not enough,I lost my baby boy.Dat same year I lost all my savings dat I planned to use to start life including peoples money in my possession more dan a million naira.Initially I felt like dying thinking dat God has condemed me.But today I give God all d glory because am still alive and His plans for my life is best.To God b d glory
wow so swt dats actaully a testimony hapy for u
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by dam007(m): 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
pweeryambre: It was the day my stupid boyfriend (now my ex) came to visit and he saw my room mate like if you have That one friend who will borrow stuff from you & never give it back. liked her dat day, kissed her dat day, squeezed her boobs dat day,(infr ont of me oh) dumped me dat day and then took her home to his house in d nite to sleep with her . Took me 3years to get over not bcoming a serial killer.
Another one was one day. I came to class and looking so beauriful and d lecturer (a woman) kept looking at my direction , I kept wondering wat I did cos I ve been sitting quietly paying attention. Next thin she asked one stupid question and asked me to stand, I stood and attempting to answer d question but she cut me off, to rain all manner of insults on me which left d whole class laughing out so loud at me. Still she ordered me out of d room. I kept wondering wat I did wrong.
WTF!!!!! cool shocked
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
Agbgift: First was loosing my mum in 2010 few days after I left for school. It was like a film trick even uptill nw. Secondly was dis year wen all I tried to put unto a relationship went down d drain. Lost urge sum of money close to 200k in d mist of joblessness dat is eating deep into d society daily,and dis money belongs to somone who I collected tins uncredit from for dis so called love.nd so many oda items all in d name of love. I felt like a very stupid person@ d end. Hated for no jst cost. And d end wat do I get in return dat am nt well behaved lady. One tin I tank God for is dat it was nt my life dat was lost. But dat love was taken for granted.
You don't need to worry about it. Sorry for losing your mom. And i pray u earn back the money you lost and find a suitable relationship too.

1 Like

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by mgolo(m): 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
[quote author=1stToComment]I was 7 years old. I still think I was a happy child then, even with the fact I was not my dad's favourite child and he did everything possible to show it, I was still happy. I remember clearly then when myself and my siblings all fell ill during my mum's absence. I developed symptoms before the others and was ignored until the others took ill too. They were taken to the hospital immediately and I was left at home. My little kid brother had to share his medication with me secretly to make me feel better.

The others had lovely pet names but I was named given horrible nick-names by my dad. As a little child I could not understand why I was hated so much. I remember my mum challenging my dad about it after it became unbearable for her, but there was little she could do and I was left to my fate. I did not get presents or toys from him like the others did and I guess I spent more time studying as an escape. I did brilliantly in my academics and was tops in my class. I remember once at the end of the term, how I wailed on my way home after I got my report card. I thought I was 18th best in class not knowing it was 1st as the teachers 's' seemed like an '8'. I thought my dad would kill me. I dared not give him my report card and rather gave my little brother to pass it on when he started shouting for it. I got the shock of my life! He shook my hand and that was the closest display of "affection" I ever got from him.

I got blamed by my dad for anything that went wrong so long as I was present when it happened and after a while my siblings began to have the same belief and scream my name when they hurt themselves.

The worst that ever happened to me was while I was playing close to my sister and she tripped, fell and lost four teeth. She screamed my name, just because I was present and I before I could say Robinson, my father was upon me.

It started with Punches and kick

Please get over it!
Am so sorry.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by mgolo(m): 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
cutekonkolo: When i lost ma loving, caring and irreplaceable hubby, i still feel shocked till 2day

am sorry, am sorry.
May the good Lord replace that special reserved for him in your heart with an everlasting joy.
Fate is neutral.
We all must manage and speak with our Maker when fate deals us with a wrong card.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by mysticgal(f): 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
the day i was sexually molested in 2004 by my fathers friend younger brother and it affected me cos i was in pry 4 and i was brilliant,i told my mum,my mum said i should not tell.oh till date i HATE men,no dulling
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
mysticgal: the day i was sexually molested in 2004 by my fathers friend younger brother and it affected me cos i was in pry 4 and i was brilliant,i told my mum,my mum said i should not tell.oh till date i HATE men,no dulling
So sorry. Its unfortunate and u hate men now. It shouldn't have be that way. You shouldn't let one monster alter your take on men 4 worse.
I know how victimized you feel but it is good u get over it,bury your grudges for men,not all are monstrous and evil.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
O
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Carius(m): 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
Relax!don't be in a hurry,when u all turn 70 u compare all d traumatic experience and choose d best...
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by LaShawn: 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
@1st to comment, Liciase and mystic-girl.
Indeed at everybody on this thread, I empathize with you.

I have a few to share.
1. I was living with my grandmum and she accused me of stealing a huge sum of money from her and wanted me to go and swear. It was painful because I wasn't a thief. I was later vindicated and it took me a while to forgive her. I didn't feel loved living with her as she told me she couldn't trust me, that I wasn't her daughter.
It was like something died within me.

2. It was dating an abusive man. This guy humiliated me so much.

3. Losing my best friend in an accident few hours after we spoke. It was really bad.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by 2legit2qwt: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2012
I'd say losing my sister to br3ast cancer 3 years ago ,and then my dad the following year, i still remember hitting my head on the wall and caving a hole through it from the shock after I heard the news.

2012 has been the best year for me in a long time, thank God smiley
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by huptin(m): 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
losing my most beloved mother, just 8 months after my dad's death was terrible, a younger brother of mine actually went bunkers due to that experience.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Concept(m): 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2012
I had three bad experience in my life.
1. The day I had carry-over that would have cost me my National Youth Service with my mates, it wouldn't have been a big deal but I knew I was failed deliberately by the lecturer. I had an issue with him & he expected me to apologise which I did not do because Material Handling was one of my favourite course,even on the day of the exam I fed some of my guys in which their result were desirable. When I got the result I wept like a baby but thank God the school authority came to our aid that all the final year student with one carry-over should be given opportunity to sit for such papers because our call-up was delayed, it was like magic. I passed the said course, I got 72.

2. The day I felt totally humilliated & that would have resulted in my suicide if not for God intervention. I tried all I could after Youth Service Year to get employed but all in futility, I now went to a popular Nursery & Primary school very close to my house to get a job which I believed would be a walk over for me but when they put me to test infront of the kids I was told point blank that I lacked the skill to carry the youngsters along. I felt so bad that when I got home I attempted something funny. However guys God dey, 4 months after the incident I got employed in one of the indigenous independent Oil & Gas marketing company & eventually rose to managerial role before I resigned.

3. The day I received message from home town that my mum fell sick not only sick she was down with stroke, this was a woman that spent everything she had to educate 6 of us. I wept like a baby when I got to office after I have travelled to home town during the weekend to see her & make the hospital arragenment, I could not still control myself, I was like that for a whole week. I almost got bankrupted because of her sickness, every demand to make her well would be met at all cost though she survived it but that is not the mother I grew up to know. Nevertheless I am grateful to God.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by cigaricon(m): 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2012
Actually I wanted to keep this to myself but I just felt I should let it out. Sometimes I just wonder how some pple could pay back good for evil.
I remembered back then in lafia what I experienced that made me promise myself that I will never associate myself with a girl(although I have broken dat promise) I I was 16 tjen and dat was when nokia xpress music was reigning and I recently got one from my cousine (he has been lyk a blood broda to me). There was this girl whose house was close to ours so we were lyk neighbours. She saw the phone as I was flaunting it and begged me for an exchange with her 'I love' chinese phone, I reluctently agreed after much pleading from her so we agreed to use each others phone for a week. Our agreed day came for us to return our phone but she said mine droped from her hand and the screen cracked and its at the repaires place. I was very sad cos I bought dat phone for 17k as at dat time. I was never used to making ppl damage my property so I just told her to collect it from the repairer's place and give it to me like dat but she said how could she collect it when the repairer has already started working on it. I became worried and regreted why I fell for this poo in the first place.
Three weeks past and I was missing my phone so much so out of anger I went to her house hoping to report to her parents but unfortunately they were not in. We were in their palour and her brother was outside and this was the conversation that followed
Rita: I've told u when ur phone is done I will return it to you
Sam: but its over two weeks now
Rita: do u expect it to be repaired over night
Sam: but when I gave it to u it was in good shape (by this time I was furious)
Rita: so u want to fight me ba, (she started screaming, pulls up her skirt and also her blouse). Realising what was tgoing to come out of this I started begging, telling her not to do this and trying to pull down blouse (big mistake) instead she screamed even louder and before I could say joxer her younger broda who was outside rushed in and were shocked, one hausa elderly man just came towards me saying 'lahila a ilalahu' and b4 I could say tom I was landed a big blow on my mouth, the blow was so hard that I fell hitting my jaw on the arm of a cushion. They took me out, beat me untill I bleed all over, it was at this time that her parents came back and where shocked to see me mobbed in the front of their house, her father attempted to rescue me but when told what had happened was furious and joined in the beating, after it seemed as if he was done he told every body not to touch me and went into the house, I was just on the floor my cloth badlu stained with blood, I was just just thinking if this ppl will kill me there or I was going to end up in jail, regreting why I fell for this, wondering what had happened to my phone dat made rita treat me like this. All this I was thinking before he dashed out of the house with the big sized needle, he asked for me to be striped naked and for pple to hold me on both legs and hands. Me still not sure of what he was going to do to me kept screaming and struggling with my waist. He held my joystick and inserted the blunt side of the needle in its hole. I wailed to the extent that I lost my voice cos the pain was terrible he removed it and inserted it again saying "this is what ppl like u deserve". Hmmm frnds to cut the long story short I was taken back home and after my father heared what had happened all he could say was that he was so disapointed in me. I remember suffering severe pains. For days after I went to the hospital,whenever I wanted to urinate I had to go through pains and blood came with my urine. I just thank God that I was well again after about a month or so.though I was innocent but after then whenever I heared about someone being raped or child molestation I just remember this experience and tears drop from my eye. the worst is that uptil today nobody believed that I never intended to molest rita, not even my dad exept my cousine who gave me the phone. I learnt that she is now in the UK but I knw karma is waiting for her somewhere.

1 Like

Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by usermane(m): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
cigar icon: Actually I wanted to keep this to myself but I just felt I should let it out. Sometimes I just wonder how some pple could pay back good for evil.
I remembered back then in lafia what I experienced that made me promise myself that I will never associate myself with a girl(although I have broken dat promise) I I was 16 tjen and dat was when nokia xpress music was reigning and I recently got one from my cousine (he has been lyk a blood broda to me). There was this girl whose house was close to ours so we were lyk neighbours. She saw the phone as I was flaunting it and begged me for an exchange with her 'I love' chinese phone, I reluctently agreed after much pleading from her so we agreed to use each others phone for a week. Our agreed day came for us to return our phone but she said mine droped from her hand and the screen cracked and its at the repaires place. I was very sad cos I bought dat phone for 17k as at dat time. I was never used to making ppl damage my property so I just told her to collect it from the repairer's place and give it to me like dat but she said how could she collect it when the repairer has already started working on it. I became worried and regreted why I fell for this poo in the first place.
Three weeks past and I was missing my phone so much so out of anger I went to her house hoping to report to her parents but unfortunately they were not in. We were in their palour and her brother was outside and this was the conversation that followed
Rita: I've told u when ur phone is done I will return it to you
Sam: but its over two weeks now
Rita: do u expect it to be repaired over night
Sam: but when I gave it to u it was in good shape (by this time I was furious)
Rita: so u want to fight me ba, (she started screaming, pulls up her skirt and also her blouse). Realising what was tgoing to come out of this I started begging, telling her not to do this and trying to pull down blouse (big mistake) instead she screamed even louder and before I could say joxer her younger broda who was outside rushed in and were shocked, one hausa elderly man just came towards me saying 'lahila a ilalahu' and b4 I could say tom I was landed a big blow on my mouth, the blow was so hard that I fell hitting my jaw on the arm of a cushion. They took me out, beat me untill I bleed all over, it was at this time that her parents came back and where shocked to see me mobbed in the front of their house, her father attempted to rescue me but when told what had happened was furious and joined in the beating, after it seemed as if he was done he told every body not to touch me and went into the house, I was just on the floor my cloth badlu stained with blood, I was just just thinking if this ppl will kill me there or I was going to end up in jail, regreting why I fell for this, wondering what had happened to my phone dat made rita treat me like this. All this I was thinking before he dashed out of the house with the big sized needle, he asked for me to be striped naked and for pple to hold me on both legs and hands. Me still not sure of what he was going to do to me kept screaming and struggling with my waist. He held my joystick and inserted the blunt side of the needle in its hole. I wailed to the extent that I lost my voice cos the pain was terrible he removed it and inserted it again saying "this is what ppl like u deserve". Hmmm frnds to cut the long story short I was taken back home and after my father heared what had happened all he could say was that he was so disapointed in me. I remember suffering severe pains. For days after I went to the hospital,whenever I wanted to urinate I had to go through pains and blood came with my urine. I just thank God that I was well again after about a month or so.though I was innocent but after then whenever I heared about someone being raped or child molestation I just remember this experience and tears drop from my eye. the worst is that uptil today nobody believed that I never intended to molest rita, not even my dad exept my cousine who gave me the phone. I learnt that she is now in the UK but I knw karma is waiting for her somewhere.
Sorry,but shouldn't the girl have intervene? why would she allow it to get overboard? Can person be so cruel and sadistic?
That was very dark and gritty, adding salt on sores was evn ur parent disbeleived the truth. I hope u forget and possibly forgive her
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by Joeblis(m): 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by yoged(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2012
usermane:
Heeyy, that was one hell of a traumatizing life threatening event. But p.wiz, didn't u know how to swim or is there something am missing here?
you took the words out of my mouth. Since I knew I can't swim, I always avoid pool or beach. The last time I went to a pool side party, I told my friends in advance to resist me from going inside the pool to swim coz am just gonna drown.
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by cigaricon(m): 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
usermane:
Sorry,but shouldn't the girl have intervene? why would she allow it to get overboard? Can person be so cruel and sadistic?
That was very dark and gritty, adding salt on sores was evn ur parent disbeleived the truth. I hope u forget and possibly forgive her
I believe she may have wanted to but maybe the fear of the angry mob turning against her kept her from intervening. It tool me a long time to 4give her but 4get? Common u knw dats impossible. If I had forgoten, I wouldn't have written it here. Whenever I remember it, its just as if it happened yesterday
Re: The Most Traumatic Experience You Ever Suffered In Your Life by cigaricon(m): 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
usermane:
I believe she may have wanted to but maybe the fear of the angry mob turning against her kept her from intervening. It took me a long time to 4give her but 4get? Common u knw dats impossible. If I had forgoten, I wouldn't have written it here. Whenever I remember it, its just as if it happened yesterday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / Please I Need Your Advice I Feel Like Killing My Husband / 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.