Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> (1088 Views)

34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! / Why Do Many, Even Bible Scholars Say God Created "light" First - Is It True? / Paul Vs. Jesus's Teachings: Is There A Conflict? For serious bible scholars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2012
INCREASE FROM 7 TO 10

REVELATION 12 VS 3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. <<<< SEVEN CROWNS

REVELATION 13 VS 1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. <<<< TEN CROWNS

AND THIS IS THE SAME RED DRAGON. WHY DID THE NUMBER OF CROWNS ON IT INCREASE FROM 7 TO 10 ? IS THERE ANY SCHOLAR OUT HERE WHO IS STRONG ENOUGH TO LET ME KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED. OR IS IT A TYPO ?
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by CrazyMan(m): 11:31am On Dec 30, 2012
obadiah777: INCREASE FROM 7 TO 10

REVELATION 12 VS 3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. <<<< SEVEN CROWNS
Note the word dragon...

obadiah777: REVELATION 13 VS 1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. <<<< TEN CROWNS
Note the word beast...

obadiah777: AND THIS IS THE SAME RED DRAGON. WHY DID THE NUMBER OF CROWNS ON IT INCREASE FROM 7 TO 10 ? IS THERE ANY SCHOLAR OUT HERE WHO IS STRONG ENOUGH TO LET ME KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED. OR IS IT A TYPO ?
Now in verse 2 of revelation 13:  The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.

The beast and the dragon are two different identities...the dragon is Satan

The beast is the Anti christ
Revelation 13:5-10. The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against God's holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

10 "If anyone is to go into captivity,
into captivity they will go.
If anyone is to be killed with the sword,
with the sword they will be killed."
This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God's people.

Satan (the dragon) would give his power to the anti christ (the beast) to deceive the nations.
Revelation 13: 4. 4 People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?"

Hope you get it. wink

1 Like

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
Note the word dragon...

Note the word beast...

Now in verse 2 of revelation 13:  The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.

Revelation 13:5-10. The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against God's holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

Satan (the dragon) would give his power to the anti christ to deceive the nations.
Revelation 13: 4. 4 People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?"

Hope you get it. wink
SO YOU ARE SAYING THE RED DRAGON HAS 7 CROWNS WHILE THE BEAST HAS 10 CROWNS ? I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. YOU DONT THINK THERE IS A DEEPER MEANING ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by CrazyMan(m): 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
obadiah777: SO YOU ARE SAYING THE RED DRAGON HAS 7 CROWNS WHILE THE BEAST HAS 10 CROWNS ? I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. YOU DONT THINK THERE IS A DEEPER MEANING ? undecided
That's what's in the bible...what other meaning could it have?

Revelation 12:7-9. Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven.

9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

The above passage explains the whole scenario much better.

Satan = Dragon

Beast = Anti christ.

The 10 crowns which are on the beast head signifies the authority given to him by the dragon.

Verse 2b of Revelation 13....The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.

If have any other symbolic interpretation to this, apart from the biblical interpretation, kindly share them...cos I'm open to corrections.
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by pastormustwacc: 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
This one na simple arithmetic jare:

REVELATION 12 VS 3
red dragon with 7 heads (1 crown each) + 10 horns = 7 crowns/7heads.

REVELATION 13 VS 1
a beast with 7 heads + 10 crowns (i crown each) = 10 crowns/10horns

So dragon has crown on heads while beast has crown on horns.
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
That's what's in the bible...what other meaning could it have?

Revelation 12:7-9. Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven.

9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

The above passage explains the whole scenario much better.

Satan = Dragon

Beast = Anti christ.

The 10 crowns which are on the beast head signifies the authority given to him by the dragon.

Verse 2b of Revelation 13....The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.

If have any other symbolic interpretation to this, apart from the biblical interpretation, kindly share them...cos I'm open to corrections.
WELL I THINK YOU OVERSIMPLIFIED THE MATTER SOMEWHAT. IT HAS TO BE DEEPER THAN WHAT YOU ARE ASSERTING grin I THINK undecided
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
pastormustwacc: This one na simple arithmetic jare:

REVELATION 12 VS 3
red dragon with 7 heads (1 crown each) + 10 horns = 7 crowns/7heads.

REVELATION 13 VS 1
a beast with 7 heads + 10 crowns (i crown each) = 10 crowns/10horns

So dragon has crown on heads while beast has crown on horns.
YOU ARE CORRECT. BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ?
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by tpia5: 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
obadiah777: SO YOU ARE SAYING THE RED DRAGON HAS 7 CROWNS WHILE THE BEAST HAS 10 CROWNS ? I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. YOU DONT THINK THERE IS A DEEPER MEANING ? undecided

Why dont you post your deeper meaning and others can look at it for you.

1 Like

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by CrazyMan(m): 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
tpia@:
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
tpia@:

CrazyMan:
Seconded
OK SINCE BOTH OF YALL INSIST undecided LOL

WELL YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE BOOK OF REVELATION IS A CONDENSATION OF THE WORLD HISTORY FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME TO WHEN CHRIST WILL ESTABLISH HIS KINGDOM ON EARTH. THIS IS WORLD HISTORY CONDENSED. AFTER THE GREEK EMPIRE CAME THE ROMAN EMPIRE. THE ROMAN EMPIRE IS LOCATED ON 7 HILLS OR WHAT IS KNOWN AS THE SEVEN HILLS OF ROME. THE ROMAN EMPIRE ALSO HAD 7 KINGS THROUGHTOUT ITS REIGN. THE ROMAN EMPIRE IS THE DRAGON WITH 7 HEADS. THE SEVEN HEADS ARE THE SEVEN KINGS. AND WHEN REVELATION CHAPTER 12 VS 3 WAS WRITTEN WAS THE ERA OF THE INCEPTION OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE WHEN THE SEVEN KINGS WERE STILL IN CONTROL ( NOT SURE WHICH OF THE SEVEN ). THIS ROMAN EMPIRE HAD NOT PROLIFERATED, IT WAS STILL CALLED THE ROMAN EMPIRE. THIS IS WHY THE SEVEN HEADS HAD SEVEN CROWNS. THIS WAS THE ROMAN EMPIRE THAT HAD NOT PROLIFERATED. HOWEVER WHEN WE GET TO REVELATION 13 VS 1 THE ROMAN EMPIRE HAD PROLIFERATED INTO THE EUROPEAN NATIONS. IT IS NOW CALLED EUROPE AND NO MORE THE ROMAN EMPIRE AND OUT OF THAT PROLIFERATION, WE HAVE THE 10 HORNS, WHICH ARE THE TEN STRONGEST AND PREDATORY EUROPEAN NATIONS. SO AT REVELATION 13 VS 1 THE TEN HORNS HAD EMERGED OUT OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE AND WERE THE ONES IN CHARGE NOW. THESE ARE THE KINGS OF THE WORLD NOW AND HENCE THE 10 CROWNS. THE 10 HORNS ARE SPAIN BRITAIN GERMANY BELGIUM NETHERLAND FRANCE PORTUGAL ITALY GREECE DENMARK. SO IN REVELATION 13 VS 1, THE EUROPEAN STRENGTHS WERE IN CHARGE HENCE 10 CROWNS wink I HOPE YOU HAVE BEEN EDIFIED
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
obadiah777: OK SINCE BOTH OF YALL INSIST undecided LOL

WELL YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE BOOK OF REVELATION IS A CONDENSATION OF THE WORLD HISTORY FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME TO WHEN CHRIST WILL ESTABLISH HIS KINGDOM ON EARTH. THIS IS WORLD HISTORY CONDENSED. AFTER THE GREEK EMPIRE CAME THE ROMAN EMPIRE. THE ROMAN EMPIRE IS LOCATED ON 7 HILLS OR WHAT IS KNOWN AS THE SEVEN HILLS OF ROME. THE ROMAN EMPIRE ALSO HAD 7 KINGS THROUGHTOUT ITS REIGN. THE ROMAN EMPIRE IS THE DRAGON WITH 7 HEADS. THE SEVEN HEADS ARE THE SEVEN KINGS. AND WHEN REVELATION CHAPTER 12 VS 3 WAS WRITTEN WAS THE ERA OF THE INCEPTION OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE WHEN THE SEVEN KINGS WERE STILL IN CONTROL ( NOT SURE WHICH OF THE SEVEN ). THIS ROMAN EMPIRE HAD NOT PROLIFERATED, IT WAS STILL CALLED THE ROMAN EMPIRE. THIS IS WHY THE SEVEN HEADS HAD SEVEN CROWNS. THIS WAS THE ROMAN EMPIRE THAT HAD NOT PROLIFERATED. HOWEVER WHEN WE GET TO REVELATION 13 VS 1 THE ROMAN EMPIRE HAD PROLIFERATED INTO THE EUROPEAN NATIONS. IT IS NOW CALLED EUROPE AND NO MORE THE ROMAN EMPIRE AND OUT OF THAT PROLIFERATION, WE HAVE THE 10 HORNS, WHICH ARE THE TEN STRONGEST AND PREDATORY EUROPEAN NATIONS. SO AT REVELATION 13 VS 1 THE TEN HORNS HAD EMERGED OUT OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE AND WERE THE ONES IN CHARGE NOW. THESE ARE THE KINGS OF THE WORLD NOW AND HENCE THE 10 CROWNS. THE 10 HORNS ARE SPAIN BRITAIN GERMANY BELGIUM NETHERLAND FRANCE PORTUGAL ITALY GREECE DENMARK. SO IN REVELATION 13 VS 1, THE EUROPEAN STRENGTHS WERE IN CHARGE HENCE 10 CROWNS wink I HOPE YOU HAVE BEEN EDIFIED
very correct but u still have to link it with d book of daniel where a stone was cut by no human hands...a rock(Jesus) that broke the iron, d bronze, d clay, d silver and d gold nations to pieces. God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end..BUT IT WILL ITSELF ENDURE FOREVER(dan2: 44-45)

1 Like

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
Bidam: very correct but u still have to link it with d book of daniel where a stone was cut by no human hands...a rock(Jesus) that broke the iron, d bronze, d clay, d silver and d gold nations to pieces. God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end..BUT IT WILL ITSELF ENDURE FOREVER(dan2: 44-45)
MY QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO THE BOOK OF REVELATION AND HENCE NO NEED TO LINK. SEE YOU HAVE TO LET PEOPLE CRAWL BEFORE THEY CAN RUN. YOU CANT FEED PEOPLE WITH TOO MUCH INFORMATION AT ONCE OR THEY WILL RUN AWAY. AS SCRIPTURE SAYS WE HAVE TO START FOLK UP WITH MILK BEFORE MEAT. HOWEVER IF I WAS TO LINK UP WITH DANIEL, I WILL LINK IT UP WITH THE FOURTH BEAST OF DANIEL CHAPTER 7 WHICH IS THE ROMAN EMPIRE. wink
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
obadiah777: MY QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO THE BOOK OF REVELATION AND HENCE NO NEED TO LINK. SEE YOU HAVE TO LET PEOPLE CRAWL BEFORE THEY CAN RUN. YOU CANT FEED PEOPLE WITH TOO MUCH INFORMATION AT ONCE OR THEY WILL RUN AWAY. AS SCRIPTURE SAYS WE HAVE TO START FOLK UP WITH MILK BEFORE MEAT. HOWEVER IF I WAS TO LINK UP WITH DANIEL, I WILL LINK IT UP WITH THE FOURTH BEAST OF DANIEL CHAPTER 7 WHICH IS THE ROMAN EMPIRE. wink
ok sir! I hear you.

1 Like

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by andico34: 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
obadiah777: OK SINCE BOTH OF YALL INSIST undecided LOL

seconded it referr to the original members of the eu both in a political and economic union

1 Like

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
So if these nations were the original members of EU and they are somewhat no more in charge or maybe some of them considering the fact that China is rising, Africa is fast rising whether you like it or not and then the USA as the super power, how do they fit in into this calculation or being part of the crowns.

If revelation is actually a prediction of what will happen in the end of times?
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
richarts: So if these nations were the original members of EU and they are somewhat no more in charge or maybe some of them considering the fact that China is rising, Africa is fast rising whether you like it or not and then the USA as the super power, how do they fit in into this calculation or being part of the crowns.

If revelation is actually a prediction of what will happen in the end of times?
WHATS HAPPENING WITH CHINA, YOU HAVE TO GO INTO THE BOOK OF JOEL AND THE BOOK OF OBADIAH ABOUT THAT. THESE ARE THE OTHER HEATHEN EMPIRES RISING UP. LET THE WEAK SAY THAT I AM STRONG. CONVERT YOUR PLOUGHSHARES INTO SWORDS. THESE ARE THE HEATHEN EMPIRES THAT ARE ARISING THAT WILL TAKE DOWN THE MODERN ROMAN EMPIRE. WITH REGARDS TO AMERICA YOU HAVE TO GO TO DANIEL CHAPTER 7 AND REVELATION CHAPTER 13 AND REVELATION CHAPTER 17 AND 18 FOR THAT. AMERICA IS AN OFFSHOOT OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE. WITH REGARDS TO AFRICA ? WELL AFRICA IS OUT OF THE PICTURE FOR NOW TILL THE KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by jonesdollieho: 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
[/b]
obadiah777: INCREASE FROM 7 TO 10

REVELATION 12 VS 3 [b] And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
<<<< SEVEN CROWNS

REVELATION 13 VS 1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. <<<< TEN CROWNS

AND THIS IS THE SAME RED DRAGON. WHY DID THE NUMBER OF CROWNS ON IT INCREASE FROM 7 TO 10 ? IS THERE ANY SCHOLAR OUT HERE WHO IS STRONG ENOUGH TO LET ME KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED. OR IS IT A TYPO ?

Revelation 12:3, 4.
“And another sign was seen in heaven, and, look! a great fiery-colored dragon, with seven heads and ten horns and upon its heads seven diadems; and its tail drags a third of the stars of heaven, and it hurled them down to the earth. And the dragon kept standing before the woman who was about to give birth, that, when she did give birth, it might devour her child.”—
This dragon is Satan, “the original serpent.” (Revelation 12:9; Genesis 3:15) He is a ferocious destroyer—a seven-headed dragon, or devourer, that can completely swallow his prey. How strange he looks! Those seven heads and ten horns indicate that he is the architect of the political wild beast soon to be described in Revelation chapter 13. This beast also has seven heads and ten horns. Since Satan has a diadem on each head—seven in all—we can be sure that the world powers represented in that wild beast have been under his rulership. (John 16:11) The ten horns are a fitting symbol of the completeness of the power that he has exercised in this world

Rev 13:1 The wild beast has ten horns on its seven heads. Perhaps four heads had one horn each and three heads two horns each. Moreover, it had ten diadems on its horns. In the book of Daniel, fearsome beasts are described, and the numbering of their horns is to be interpreted literally. For example, the two horns on a ram represented a world empire made up of two partners, Media and Persia, while the four horns on a goat represented the four coexisting empires that grew out of Alexander the Great’s Greek empire. (Daniel 8:3, 8, 20-22) On the beast that John saw, however, the numbering of the ten horns appears to be symbolic. (Compare Daniel 7:24; Revelation 17:12.) They represent the completeness of sovereign states making up the entire political organization of Satan. All these horns are violent and aggressive, but as indicated by the seven heads, headship resides in only one world power at a time. Similarly, the ten diadems indicate that all sovereign states would exercise ruling power simultaneously with the dominant state, or world power, of that time.
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by aletheia(m): 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
CrazyMan:
Note the word dragon...

Note the word beast...

Satan (the dragon) would give his power to the anti christ (the beast) to deceive the nations.

Hope you get it. wink
I don't think the beast is one single individual. It is rather a composite kingdom arising from or sharing the characteristics / possible geographic locations of the kingdoms in Daniel's vision:
And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. Dan 7:3
Do note that the beast also arises from the sea like those of Daniel's vision. These beasts are described for us. The beast in revelation has the distinguishing characteristics of all the 4 beasts in Daniel's vision, lion, bear, leopard and the dreadful and terrible 4th beast. History shows us that these kingdoms were the Babylonian, Persian and Grecian and Roman empires. . .in today's world. . .Iraq, Iran and Greece/Turkey and Italy.

The horns represent men. . .so the ten horns represent ten rulers of this composite beast empire as we are already shown in Daniel:
And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. Dan 7:24
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
Interesting topic....

1 Like

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 09, 2013
jones-dollie@ho:
[/b]

[b]On the beast that John saw, however, the numbering of the ten horns appears to be symbolic. (Compare Daniel 7:24; Revelation 17:12.) They represent the completeness of sovereign states making up the entire political organization of Satan.

HORNS MEANS STRENGTH. ITS NOT SYMBOLIC.
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 09, 2013
aletheia:
I don't think the beast is one single individual. It is rather a composite kingdom arising from or sharing the characteristics / possible geographic locations of the kingdoms in Daniel's vision:
Do note that the beast also arises from the sea like those of Daniel's vision. These beasts are described for us. The beast in revelation has the distinguishing characteristics of all the 4 beasts in Daniel's vision, lion, bear, leopard and the dreadful and terrible 4th beast. History shows us that these kingdoms were the Babylonian, Persian and Grecian and Roman empires. . .in today's world. . .Iraq, Iran and Greece/Turkey and Italy.

The horns represent men. . .so the ten horns represent ten rulers of this composite beast empire as we are already shown in Daniel:
And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. Dan 7:24
THE HORNS ARE NOT MEN. HORNS MEAN STRENGTH. FOR EXAMPLE AMERICA HAS TWO HORNS ( WHICH AMERICA IS THE SECOND BEAST WITH TWO HORNS IN REV 13 ). THE TWO HORNS ARE ITS ECONOMY AND MILITARY
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by ATMC(f): 10:44am On Jan 09, 2013
*Following*

1 Like

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by aletheia(m): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
obadiah777: THE HORNS ARE NOT MEN. HORNS MEAN STRENGTH. FOR EXAMPLE AMERICA HAS TWO HORNS ( WHICH AMERICA IS THE SECOND BEAST WITH TWO HORNS IN REV 13 ). THE TWO HORNS ARE ITS ECONOMY AND MILITARY
Horns in certain contexts can mean strength but the meaning of horns in Daniel 7:24 is stated plainly:

It plainly tells us "the ten horns are ten kings".

The principles for interpreting the symbols of Revelation are given us in Daniel. Look at the description of the 4 kingdoms in Daniel 7:
And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another. The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it. After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
Dan 7:3-7

Now consider the description of the beast in Revelation and note the congruence with Daniel's vision:
1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. Rev 13:1
>> the beasts in Daniel "came up from the sea" just as this beast in Revelation

>> the beasts in Daniel have a combined total of seven heads:
Lion - 1 head
+ Bear - 1 head
+ Leopard - 4 heads
+ 4th beast- 1 head
. . .just as the beast in Revelation also has a combined total of seven heads

>> the beasts in Daniel have a combined total of ten horns:
Lion - 0 horns
+ Bear - 0 horns
+ Leopard - 0 horns
+ 4th beast- 10 horns
. . .just as the beast in Revelation also has a combined total of ten horns

2. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. Rev 13:2
>> the 4 beasts of Daniel were lion, bear, leopard and a 4th with ten horns and the beast in Revelation is like a leopard and has the feet of a bear and the mouth of a lion as well as the ten horns of the 4th beast.

By the interpretative principles established in Daniel (recall that Daniel had the vision explained to him), beasts = kings/kingdoms and horn = king = man.

These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth. Dan 7:17

And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
Dan 7:24

aletheia:

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
ALETHEIA JUST BECAUSE IT SAYS THE 10 HORNS ARE TEN KINGS DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE MEN. http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/revelation/related-topics/five-fallen-kings.html <<< KINGS CAN BE KINGDOMS EMPIRES OR COUNTRIES. IN THIS CASE THEY ARE COUNTRIES. WHAT DID THE ROMAN EMPIRE PROLIFERATE INTO ? THE EUROZONE. COUNTRIES.

'THE TEN HORNS OUT OF THIS KINGDOM ARE TEN KINGS' MEANS OUT OF ROMAN EMPIRE CAME THESE COUNTRIES OF WHICH 10 OF THEM ARE THE STRENGTHS. THAT PART OF SCRIPTURE IS REFERING TO THIS MODERN WORLD WE ARE LIVING IN NOW. THE STRENGTHS OF EUROPE I ALREADY MENTIONED AND OUT OF THE TEN STRNGTHS 3 ( ENGLAND FRANCE AND SPAIN ) BECOMES ONE ( AMERICA ). ENGLAND OWNED THE NORTHEAST OF THE NEW LAND. SPAIN OWNED THE SOUTHERN STATES AND FRANCE OWNED NEW ORLEANS. FRANCE AND SPAIN SOLD THE LAND MASS TO BRITAIN AND THEN IN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR, BRITAIN GOT KICKED OUT AND AMERICA BECAME INDEPENDENT. THESE ARE THE TREE LITTLE HORNS THAT GOT DISPLACED FOR THE STOUT AND BELLIGERENT HORN ( AMERICA )
Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 10, 2013
you know what i love most about you Obadiah777,
you are a deep thinker. You don't take things literally.
You take time to figure things out using your own logic before you
believe them or find them to be nonsensical. We need more people
like you bro. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
*Kails*:
you know what i love most about you Obadiah777,
you are a deep thinker. You don't take things literally.
You take time to figure things out using your own logic before you
believe them or find them to be nonsensical. We need more people
like you bro. kiss
AWWWWWWWW YOU GONE MAKE ME CRY cry cry LOLZ. THANKS HUN. I AM JUST TRYNA BE LIKE YOU. I SENSE A SIMILAR SPIRIT IN YOU FROM ALL YOUR POSTS TOO. wink

1 Like

Re: Only Strong Bible Scholars. Why Did The Number Of Crowns On The Red Dragon >>> by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
obadiah777: AWWWWWWWW YOU GONE MAKE ME CRY cry cry LOLZ. THANKS HUN. I AM JUST TRYNA BE LIKE YOU. I SENSE A SIMILAR SPIRIT IN YOU FROM ALL YOUR POSTS TOO. wink

cool cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shameless Pastor Murders Harmless Snake In Idemilli / Suddenly I Saw Jesus Standing About Three Feet In Front Of Me / What Does God Do For A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.